Re: Is PvZ BFN dead on PC?

by Iron_Guard8

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Is PvZ BFN dead on PC?

★★★ Novice

Hey, Since PvZ BFN came out on steam, I’ve been dying to pick it up since it just looks like great casual fun! However I’ve been reading up a lot on if the game is dead or not and majority are saying pc is dead. However those posts were from 2019. So how is it now on PC NA? Is it hard to find matches, can I get into full lobbies with real players, etc etc. Also how’s EU doing since if I were to buy the game I might switch to EU and hopefully get a okay ping like I do in BF1. I really hope the game isn’t dead since I legit  think I’ll have a blast. Thanks to anyone that responds!

Message 1 of 10 (2,505 Views)

Accepted Solution

★ Pro
@RedbullDeez Mainly players. I play in the evening(like right now, for example) and weekly/team vanguish/ops always have players. Don't check much on mixed, though. And when there is more AI(happens once in a while), real players are still pretty hardcore, even lower plates.

View in thread

Message 8 of 10 (2,403 Views)

All Replies

Champion

@RedbullDeez  Now that PvZ: BfN is available for Steam on PC, if anything, I believe PC’s player base will increase now. PC really needed help. 

Message 2 of 10 (2,478 Views)

★ Pro
@RedbullDeez PC EU here, Battle arena is eradicated but other modes are fine. AI backfill makes sure you get a game
Message 3 of 10 (2,444 Views)

★ Expert

Yes, before the last may patch pc was dead on everything but turf and weekly event but ai backfill has been a god send I have full real person team vanquish lobbies every night now on Na east...eu is very busy during the day from 6am ast - 4pm ast...it was alaways like that.

I can honestly say na east on pc is in good shape now, at least for turf, team vanquish and weekly events.  I checked last night and mixed was empty.

I think to achieve perfection they should start new lobbies with one person instead of 4.  Part of what kills player volume is nobody will wait for a game to start with 4 people and nobody wants to stick around for a 4 player game, so AI backfill has solved part of this, keeping lobbies full.

Message 4 of 10 (2,435 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Gormey when you do search for matches do you know if its mainly AI or is there more real players then AI? I personally dont really want to play a matches that are mainly AI.
Message 5 of 10 (2,426 Views)

★★★ Novice
@voidlistener Are the matches mainly AI or is there more real players then AI? I personally dont want to play a match that mainly has AI.
Message 6 of 10 (2,427 Views)

★ Expert
@RedbullDeez full real players in both that may dip to 1 to 4 ai here and there.
Message 7 of 10 (2,408 Views)

★ Pro
@RedbullDeez Mainly players. I play in the evening(like right now, for example) and weekly/team vanguish/ops always have players. Don't check much on mixed, though. And when there is more AI(happens once in a while), real players are still pretty hardcore, even lower plates.
Message 8 of 10 (2,404 Views)

★ Guide
@voidlistener Mixed mode is dead to.
Message 9 of 10 (2,391 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

It could be better, no doubt about that, but it's never been dead. Some game modes aren't as populated as they could/should be and certain times of day are harder to get matches than others, but I've been having no issue getting matches for weekly modes or TT and with the bots filling matches up and the Steam release, it's better than it was before.

Message 10 of 10 (2,367 Views)