Re: Is Overwolf App for Apex Bannable?

by QWingz

Original Post

★★ Guide
@DoYaSeeMe oh well thats what i didnt try, i tried firing range and the HUGE add ..... well no thanks.
Message 11 of 24 (8,886 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hey everyone thanks for looking into our app!  

I wanted to clear up a few things..

A) Overwolf is white listed and this app is not an app used for cheating, and should not get you banned. We have apps for R6, Fortnite, Rocket league, and no one has ever gotten banned.

B) In an update coming this week we will remove the ability to see the roster in the top 10.  

C) Ads.  The app does have ads but ads will never appear over gameplay unless you activate our window.  So while you're in a gun fight, or looting, you will never seen an ad. 

The goal of this app is to show you the stats of your teammates and the top players in the match.  Just to give you an idea of how sweaty your game is and how good your team is.  You could do this manually by looking up players on your phone or a 2nd computer.  We're just making this a little easier to do.  We also will show you your total damage and the damage your team has done.  

Hope you enjoy our app and if you have any feature requests or questions, happy to answer!  Thanks.

Message 12 of 24 (8,819 Views)

★★ Guide
@htr_xorth About adds, yes but i am streaming and whenever i pop the window i see a very idiotic add that i cant really stream. I was very hyped about the app but then adds struck me.
Message 13 of 24 (8,804 Views)

★★ Pro

@Zeelmaekers wrote:

Hey @bosourd 

All third party software included overlays not whitelisted by EAC are bannable.
You can find a list of all whitelisted software here: Click here! 

So I would stay away from this overlay app.

The game already provides a bit of tracking information.
If you want more tracking tools, why not make it into a suggestion Wink

Edit: See posts below, it's on the EAC Whitelist.

i clicked the curse voice link in that link and was brought to a website called fandom.com, i was redirected and so i googled curse and it brought up fandom again and fandom is a reputable website so i dont know if i have a virus or not from that and im irritated by that.

Message 14 of 24 (8,796 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@DoYaSeeMe DO NOT USE IT. Even whitelisted some of my friends have been banned by EAC for using it. Even was told by an EA rep to not USE ANYTHING while running the game.
Message 15 of 24 (8,524 Views)

★★★ Newbie

No it doesn't show players info at all when there are 5 teams or less. 

Message 16 of 24 (8,360 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@bosourd try this on, is better in my opinion & stats, highlights

https://www.overwolf.com/app/Mao-Tou_Projects_Ltd-Predator

predator app from overwolf.
Message 17 of 24 (8,106 Views)

★ Guide
@bosourd Respawn should add live damage output in game. This is real quality of life game feature.
Message 18 of 24 (7,966 Views)

★ Novice

That makes no sense at all, I can see in game the number of players on the top right and always make the calculation how many are left and how many teams are possible full players.

Also it doesn't show from top 4 onwards to be fair to the game.

Message 19 of 24 (5,282 Views)

@DoYaSeeMe "I'd also forbid the server from allowing apps to take or publish any data from ongoing matches."

I can agree with you there. Granted I think the stuff this provides is fairly harmless compared to the legit cheating that's happening. If I had to pick and chose I'd rather them focus on the legit cheating..

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 20 of 24 (5,258 Views)