Is Mass Effect Andromeda Require all time internet connection ?

by BasganBS

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Is Mass Effect Andromeda Require all time internet connection ?

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Oke prior to MEA release I will be in a place without internet but my game is installed and I want to play it.

I know Multiplayer and strike missions etc cannot work but can I play the single player game without internet connection ?

I can login to origin using a mobile internet but I can only use it for short time period there is no way for me stay online probably only during the login progress and thats it.

Thanks...

Message 1 of 6 (12,481 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Is Mass Effect Andromeda Require all time internet connection ?

Community Manager

@BasganBS Hey sorry for missing this, it was over in the Mirror's Edge section. As you say, APEX and Multiplayer missions need an online connection, but past that you can play the campaign offline without restrictions. 

Thanks for the question. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 3 of 6 (12,418 Views)

All Replies

★ Guide

do you have xbox one ps4 or pc

Message 2 of 6 (12,447 Views)

Community Manager

@BasganBS Hey sorry for missing this, it was over in the Mirror's Edge section. As you say, APEX and Multiplayer missions need an online connection, but past that you can play the campaign offline without restrictions. 

Thanks for the question. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 3 of 6 (12,419 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie
@EA_David Thank you so much. I knew if I looked at ea answers someone would answer this for me. Now I need only to purchase it for my brand new KaBy Lake Asus ROG Strix.
I appreciate your help for the other individual as well.
Message 4 of 6 (7,965 Views)

★ Guide

Well. "Without restriction" as long as you remember to go offline while you still are online (for single player games ofc).

Origin cannot be put offline if:

- You don't have any internet connection, and

- You were online the last time you used Origin

Oh, and if Origin sees an internet connection the next time you start it, even if it was put in offline mode the last time you used it, it will go online again regardless (unless they have fixed that since last year, I haven't really checked lately).

Therefore I keep Origin offline most of the time. I made an outward rule in Windows firewall (any firewall should do), blocking origin.exe. If I have to go online I just temporarily disable that rule. It's a little bit of a workaround but has worked great so far. So if you have Origin on say a laptop and are off to a place with no internet connection, you have to do this first if you want to play Origin games.

But if you have say mobile net even if for a short time,  you should be good to go to connect Origin just to go offline (unless you wanted to stay online ofc, but that might be pricey on a cell phone).

Message 5 of 6 (7,936 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@scifihiki Its 2021 and u just saved my *! I was like wtf why wont this work offline!
Message 6 of 6 (2,324 Views)