Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Is Gm3 harder all of a sudden?

by ElectricBill360

Original Post

Is Gm3 harder all of a sudden?

★★ Guide

My javs gets shredded from hits in gm3 this was not always the case... Even scorpions 2 shot me now, and im full legendary ranger... same gear setups are previous when i could take a mild beating.

is it just me or did they make mobs hit like bricks all of a sudden?

Message 1 of 10 (213 Views)

★★ Guide

I did not feel any changes in HoR on GM3. Everything is exactly as it was aside from no drops from the titan.

Message 2 of 10 (208 Views)

★★ Guide

well for me its not, i got downed by scorpions, full hp and shield, bam just down. i die alot easier and i find that strange.

but it doesnt matter. i gave up today with the new patch, cant play it anyway, so why beat a dead horse.

Message 3 of 10 (190 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice

@Affelainen wrote:

My javs gets shredded from hits in gm3 this was not always the case... Even scorpions 2 shot me now, and im full legendary ranger... same gear setups are previous when i could take a mild beating.

is it just me or did they make mobs hit like bricks all of a sudden?

I'm guessing the patch broke something, as per usual. Has any patch ever just worked?

My whole team got wiped several times on a mission I can normally do by myself yesterday.

I know they've adjusted how the power leveling works, so I assume we'll have a few patches where power levels get tweaked.

I wouldn't mind if they prioritized the loot problem first. Fixing power levels won't make me play, fixing the loot might.

By the time they fix it, there will be no players left. I'm thinking of leaving myself, half the time I'm left playing solo anyway. May as well do that in a game with balanced loot instead of this mess Standard smile

Message 4 of 10 (188 Views)

★★ Guide

Yeah i noticed that too, was on some legendary contract with full party of legendarys, everyone was dropping like flies.

wich is not the usual, i knew these people having played with them before, and they are not bad players.

and it varies for me too, some freeplays i do more combodamage and some i dont, and this is myself playing a world event. its so random.

some are cake and some are just... super hard all of a sudden, no consistency at all.

Message 5 of 10 (180 Views)

★★ Guide

GM3 Strongholds have the toughest enemies, while enemies do scale depending on the number of players in the team in contracts and missions. The more players there are in party the more HP enemies have and you encounter higher tier enemies.

Message 6 of 10 (153 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have never heard or seen anything saying that enemy HP/Damage scale to party size.  From what I can tell, it takes the same amount of time to kill something no matter how many people are in the area/group.

Is this true?  Would you mind linking where you found this info?

Message 7 of 10 (142 Views)

★★ Guide

@zeta42 wrote:

I have never heard or seen anything saying that enemy HP/Damage scale to party size.  From what I can tell, it takes the same amount of time to kill something no matter how many people are in the area/group.

Is this true?  Would you mind linking where you found this info?

It is obvious when you simply play the game. The enemies have the least amount of HP in Freeplay you can kill the same enemies much easier in Freeplay. And the hardest enemies are in Strongholds you need to hit the more to kill them comparing with Freeplay. Enemy scaling during missions and contracts becomes obvious when you are doing them alone, in a group of two, or there are more players. Moreover, if you start solo the enemies are as in Freeeplay, if someone joins you then the newly spawned enemies will be scaled to two players, and if there are 3 or 4 players the enemies are as tough as in Strongholds. In addition to that if e.g. you are doing a contract alone then you might encounter an Ursix or a Luminary, or a Fury, if you are playing with one other player then these are going to be Elite Ursix or Elite Luminary or Elite Fury, if there are three or four players you are going to encounter a Legendary Ursix or Legendary Luminary or Legendary Fury.

You can also easily notice the difference in HP of the Rust Reaver, who is the final boss in one of the Legendary Missions when you are saving Matthias. If you are playing solo you kill it much faster comparing to playing in a group of players.

I did not say that damage enemy deal to the player scales, however, as I said their HP does scale. So if it takes more time to kill enemies the longer they can shoot at you dealing you more damage.

Message 8 of 10 (125 Views)

★★ Guide

i know theres a difference between freeplay and missions/strongholds.

I am talking about freeplay though when im solo, this is where it differs the most.

in strongholds though, i guess is has to do with other peoples powerscore also, because i notice variation i difficulty in there also depending on team.

Message 9 of 10 (115 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I don’t feel any difference in strongholds depending on player number or PL. I play GM3 only unless I need to complete a stronghold.

This is based on my experience of 2-3 hundreds of hours on GM3 mostly in HoR.

Message 10 of 10 (86 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help