Is EVERYONE at EA & RESPAWN on a RETREAT/VACATION?..

by SILVERisSORRY

Original Post

Is EVERYONE at EA & RESPAWN on a RETREAT/VACATION?..

I NEVER thought I would have to post something like this, because I LOVE APEX, it's creators, & the gaming community as a whole.

That being said, as a person who's been playing since DAY 1. (significant because APEX's release Happened to be on the same week as my Birthday)

I CANNOT play APEX right now, since this EVENT started, I have had SO MUCH TROUBLE just trying to play the GAME, FULL STOP. 

I am NOT an employee or a Volunteer. I'm going to use this thread as a place to discuss issues with the game, & potential ways to SOLVE said problems.

I'll even make it nice & EASY to understand the problems I'm having, STARTING with the MOST Significant, & order of IMPORTANCE.

1) DISCONNECTION ISSUES

- NOBODY at EA/RESPAWN, has put out an OFFICIAL NOTICE to the playerbase. So I'm doing it here.

- REMOVE ALL of your ANIMATED BANNER POSES, use ONLY STATIC images, RARE POSES(the one's in BLUE text)

- Having an ANIMATED BANNER equipped WILL CAUSE your game to CRASH, & If you get lucky, & YOUR game DOESN'T crash, guess what, YOUR ANIMATED BANNER, WILL cause some OTHER PLAYERS game to CRASH, just from VIEWING it at the PRE GAME "Champion Squad" showcase, or just by pausing & VIEWING the squad tab.(same with END GAME Results page)

THIS is making EVERY game I play a constant NIGHTMARE of RECONNECTING, & THEN having 1 teammate, or NONE at all in TRIOS. (so I just FALL OFF the map, or land in LAVA, because I CANNOT win as a SOLO, fighting teams of 3)  

2) CHEATERS on Console

- All these clowns, just demolish any lobby, with NO RECOIL hacks applied to their controller, so Its POINTLESS to play against them, & is EXASPERATED when playing RANKED. (So NO POINT in attempting to play RANKED & better my skills as a player) 

3) SMURF ACCOUNTS

- They COMPLETELY DESTROY the whole point of matchmaking.

All this has lead me to NOT playing APEX, because there is ZERO FUN to be had, So I've been playing other games instead.

I'm just waiting for an update to address these issues, it just seems like everyone is on Vacation & nobody's at the office working on anything.

This TRULY comes from a place of LOVE. (if I didn't care, I wouldn't be on these forums, I'd be utilizing my time elsewhere)

Message 1 of 26 (639 Views)

Re: Is EVERYONE at EA & RESPAWN on a RETREAT/VACATION?..

★ Guide

Oh they know, but why don’t you look over here @ all that new shiny stuff they added maybe spend some cash 🙃

Message 2 of 26 (627 Views)

@Banzai3819 Exactly why I have spent $0 on this event. Im not going to spend money on a game I cant play correctly.
Message 3 of 26 (618 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@SILVERisSORRY As forum regulars, we all know that these problems exist already but it has gotten to the point that even I myself is getting frustrated. It has been 2 seasons of mostly nothing for people who exclusively play BR like me. Even the LTMs are copy pasted. Season 9 we just had the old maps with no effort at all to put out and S10 we had an arenas LTM with just carepack weapons in the store.

A few hours ago I was just thinking of what "content" we got this season other than cosmetic events. It's either we didn't get anything substantial or it was so irrelevant for me that I've forgotten. Please correct me if I missed something.
Season 10 "content"
1. WE new POIs (which I like)
2. Seer (as expected in every season)

Other than that, it's all arenas like the ranked mode (that's poorly implemented) and the new Encore map. As I've said in my "Lost my drive to play" post, season 11 will be the make or break season of Apex. Respawn had the whole S10 being a mess (except the first few weeks which was smooth), and if they stumble on S11, I can see people raging in these forums. Respawn, we love your game so please step up! LOL!

Message 4 of 26 (598 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager
Hi, thanks for the post, I know there's a lot of frustration right now. 

IHi, just to addree your first point, but we have a bug tracked for the start of match/character select issues, we're aware it's a big issue: https://trello.com/c/qED1VnsS/255-freezing-just-before-or-after-legend-select

Unfortunately swapping poses doesn't seem to fix this issue 100%, and there are a lot of the time animated poses won't have any impact. It's still a good idea to swap them out as there are multiple reports of it helping, but unfortunately it's not a silver bullet. 

You of course bring up other issues, but I just wanted to jump in to clarify on this point. 

Edit: Ryan rigney addresses the smurfing situation here: https://www.reddit.com/r/apexlegends/comments/q7npax/comment/hglv3b6/?utm_source=reddit&utm_medium=w...

"Smurfing is a tough one—I've worked on a few games that struggled with it. I think it's one of those things that gets worse over time, as the "median skill" of players who've been around a while goes up. We actually already do some stuff to detect smurfs after a few games and put them with less new players, but I can imagine us putting more resources toward this problem if it keeps becoming worse."
David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 5 of 26 (590 Views)

★★★ Guide

you forget the part Octane silent jumpad has been ruining everyone's fun since the start of season 7 till this very day and not once had the dev say any word about it

Message 6 of 26 (586 Views)

★ Expert

@EA_David wrote:

IHi, just to addree your first point, but we have a bug tracked for the start of match/character select issues, we're aware it's a big issue: https://trello.com/c/qED1VnsS/255-freezing-just-before-or-after-legend-select

You share Trello links, yet Ryan kinda insinuated Trello isn't a thing anymore.

345.JPG

Message 7 of 26 (521 Views)

★ Expert

@SILVERisSORRY 

1) DISCONNECTION ISSUES

- NOBODY at EA/RESPAWN, has put out an OFFICIAL NOTICE to the playerbase. So I'm doing it here.

- REMOVE ALL of your ANIMATED BANNER POSES, use ONLY STATIC images, RARE POSES(the one's in BLUE text)

- Having an ANIMATED BANNER equipped WILL CAUSE your game to CRASH, & If you get lucky, & YOUR game DOESN'T crash, guess what, YOUR ANIMATED BANNER, WILL cause some OTHER PLAYERS game to CRASH, just from VIEWING it at the PRE GAME "Champion Squad" showcase, or just by pausing & VIEWING the squad tab.(same with END GAME Results page)

THIS is making EVERY game I play a constant NIGHTMARE of RECONNECTING, & THEN having 1 teammate, or NONE at all in TRIOS. (so I just FALL OFF the map, or land in LAVA, because I CANNOT win as a SOLO, fighting teams of 3)  

They finally acknowledged the issue, and they can't fix it.

12.JPG 

Message 8 of 26 (518 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Gabrielmojo26 They can disable items since they have done it before but I think it's mostly "I paid for this, why can't I use it?" without a clear timeline on when it's getting fixed. I think they're afraid of you purchasing a banner pose then not able to use it for x amount of time will cause an uproar.

On the other hand, we shouldn't be even discussing this since this should have been fixed already. We still have around 2-3 weeks to see a "potential" patch. LOL.
Message 9 of 26 (511 Views)

Community Manager
@Gabrielmojo26 I don't want to put words in his mouth, but I suspect he's referring to traffic there relative to other areas, not that it's dead/won't be updated.

It last got updates last week.
David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 10 of 26 (509 Views)