Re: Is Community Game Development Dead?

by TTZ_Dipsy

Original Post

Is Community Game Development Dead?

★ Guide

It was nice that Community Games was finally released.  Problem is it fell well short of having your own server.   Of course there is the recent start number bug, but they also lack little customization possibilities.The biggest single thing is not allowing someone to setup and leave a server running so as to attract a regular following.

So, is the development of Community Games dead?

Message 1 of 5 (580 Views)

Jeff Braddock (the NA CM) was asked this on Twitter and said the team was still working on it; post was a few weeks ago if I remember correctly

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 2 of 5 (553 Views)

Hello @Tha_Growler

Community Games will receive Update for more server settings but we don't have date fot it yet. Standard smile

Stay tuned.!
_______________________ EA AHQ_______________________

- Is my answer helpful.? -> Please grant + XP
- If my post solved your problem or answered your question. -> Please Accept as Solution.
- BF1 & BFV DICE FRIEND - WindowsManTv_CZE || Twitter: WindowsManTv

CCP Hero Banner 1 Grande.png

Message 3 of 5 (545 Views)

★ Guide

@WindowsManTv_CZE wrote:
Hello @Tha_Growler

Community Games will receive Update for more server settings but we don't have date fot it yet. Standard smile

Stay tuned.!

Please above all else please find a way to allow the servers to continue to run after the server originator signs off.  If Community Games is supposed to replace the player desire for private servers these community server must be allowed to run in order to draw a player base.  Without that any other changes will be wasted.

To see what I mean just look at how many Community Games servers are being used.  Sure we would like to be able to tweak some aspects to the server, but they have to be allowed to run 24/7 to make those tweaks meaningful.

Message 4 of 5 (506 Views)

[ Edited ]

We'll most likely be able to change that once new rules and stuff get added.

Old servers like the 722 room from BF4 were so popular that it was near impossible to have less than 10 people playing at a time

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 5 of 5 (497 Views)