Is Bangalore an attack legend?

by StorminNormin612

Original Post

Is Bangalore an attack legend?

★★ Novice

Her kit seems more like Gibraltar and made for getting away not attacking. 

Message 1 of 21 (745 Views)

Re: Is Bangalore an attack legend?

★★ Pro
@StorminNormin612 unless you are good being aggressive, she is pretty hard to deal with. Her passive combine with her ability can be use to counter attack by flanking and such.
Message 2 of 21 (743 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@StorminNormin612 In my case she’s a worthless.... ‘legend’.

But the class types in apex don’t make sense. Pathfinder a health class while wraith who does basically the same is an attacker.
Message 3 of 21 (732 Views)

★ Pro

I main Bangalore, her ult is good for pushing a team during a fight, with her passive being harder to hit shes definitely an attacking legend... pair her with a digital threat or a bloodhound...

Message 4 of 21 (726 Views)

[ Edited ]

She has one of the better attacker kits in my opinion.

Everything matches with her passive allowing her to engage en disengage using her smokescreen or without.
Her ultimate is amazing in zoning and affects a big area that could change the outcome of the fight in a few seconds.

I don't thing we should really focus on the class as this looks more to me like a beginner guideline how the play-style is with that legend.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png
Message 5 of 21 (700 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Zeelmaekers

‘I don't thing we should really focus on the class as this looks more to me like a beginner guideline how the play-style is with that legend.’

This is exactly the reason why ppl get misguided info. A new player sees the bullet class icon and thinks ‘great an attacker’ -> chooses the character and when in need of attacking capabilities that person finds out that the character is hardly an attacking character. This is how abilities get misused.

I’ve yet to see even 1(! yes 1) bangalore who uses her ult as a tactical attack (alone that is) instead of a tactical retreat or (tactical) stall. Every bangalore I’ve seen so far uses her ult in a clutch. Only if they have the right legends, they use it attackingly. But by that standard almost any character would be an attacker
Message 6 of 21 (690 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@Koochi-QI agree i can never take anyone  being aggressive with her serious just like gibraltar , majority of the time when i see her she’s running away using her smoke as cover

Message 7 of 21 (672 Views)

★★★ Expert

Bangalore is probably the best attacker. She has a small hitbox and can dodge bullets the easiest when spotted with the help of the double time. Her smoke is a great cover for tactical positioning, especially when coupled with the artillery strike, giving her squad more leverage to take control of a place, allowing her to push deep into a battle for close quarter kills, to revive / recover teammates or to grab some vital loot. That small damage done by the smoke cans also useful to knock down weakened enemies that try to run away.

Message 8 of 21 (665 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@SethCurry Exactly. Usually they end up getting shot when trying and hightail it out of there.

@DoYaSeeMe, she’s the best evader perhaps then, not attacker :P if I’d put these 3 characters in a collision course with one another in an open field with both their tac/ult ready, same weapons and exactly same skill lvl of players. Or lets just say AI with competent thinking, who do you think would win: bangalore, octane or pathfinder. And pathfinder doesn’t have the 5% more damage nerf on him.

The winner is best bullet evader. My vote would def not be bangalore.
Message 9 of 21 (639 Views)

Champion

I've always seen bangalore as a support/crowd control legend. She certainly can be used aggressively though...i've seen it done pretty masterfully tbh.

The badges on the legend icons can be misleading though, pathfinder should share the same badge as bloodhound as he is as even his info describes him  a "forward scout"

Perhaps they'll refresh the whole class thing when there's more legends but it's not exactly a game changing issue lol.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 10 of 21 (631 Views)