Is Apex Going To Add Cross-Platform? And Mouse And Keyboard Support For Ps4

by Vampi_Boii

Original Post

Is Apex Going To Add Cross-Platform? And Mouse And Keyboard Support For Ps4

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I Was Just Wondering If Apex Is Going To Be Adding Cross-Platform Because Why Not. And I Was Wondering If They Are Going To Add Mouse And Keyboard Support, I Am Really Hoping They Do Add Mouse And Keyboard Support Because I Really Like Apex And I Have A Really Bad Laptop That Can't Run Apex But It Would Be Awesome If I Could Use Mouse And Keyboard On My Ps4 And If They Added It My Friend Would Start Playing It.

(Edit)

Are All Of You Guys Dumb Or Something I Mean Really What I Mean By Mouse And Keyboard Support Is Something Just Like Fortnite Where If You Queue With A Controller Then You Go Into Console Servers And It Would Block The Input Of Mouse And Keyboard And If You Queue Up With Mouse And Keyboard You Go Into The PC Servers And You Go Against PC People And That's That. No Cheating, No Unfairness, No Aim Assist Nothing Just Like If You Where On PC.

Message 1 of 11 (1,142 Views)

Re: Is Apex Going To Add Cross-Platform? And Mouse And Keyboard Support For Ps4

★★★★ Guide

at this point we can only ask. it's still early into the life of this game and more is yet to come 

Message 2 of 11 (1,105 Views)

★★ Pro

@full951 wrote:

at this point we can only ask. it's still early into the life of this game and more is yet to come 

are there any fps games that are cross platform?  That sounds crazy to me lol.

Message 3 of 11 (1,100 Views)

★★★ Novice

I would not get my hopes up on a cross platform, I have seen in many games where it is wanted but not there. It is not from the game developers but from Sony and Microsoft and all the legal mumbo jumbo or greed.

Message 4 of 11 (1,089 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@MadDogBrian wrote:

I would not get my hopes up on a cross platform, I have seen in many games where it is wanted but not there. It is not from the game developers but from Sony and Microsoft and all the legal mumbo jumbo or greed.

First of all why would they want cheaters on the console.  Second of all,   most console players will not have mouse and keyboard and will be destroyed.   MIcrosoft tested cross platform back in 2007 and it was so lopsided they scrapped plans for ever doing that again.   It was disgusting how better the pc players were in dominating the console players.  And i mean it was a horribly bad idea.   Yes it would definitely hurt their sales.   The same players that have cleaned out the pc playerbase would wipe clean the console playerbase.  Cheating or not.

Message 5 of 11 (1,063 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@RichAC wrote:

@MadDogBrian wrote:

First of all why would they want cheaters on the console.  Second of all,   most console players will not have mouse and keyboard and will be destroyed.   MIcrosoft tested cross platform back in 2007 and it was so lopsided they scrapped plans for ever doing that again.   It was disgusting how better the pc players were in dominating the console players.  And i mean it was a horribly bad idea.   Yes it would definitely hurt their sales.   The same players that have cleaned out the pc playerbase would wipe clean the console playerbase.  Cheating or not.

the cheating issue is a huge one. 

mouse and keyboard is just better. the short comings of the controller are catching up to it and the players using it. even though the reality is less and a fraction of 1 percent use emulators and your chances of getting killed by someone using one is even less the fear is crazy insane.

unfortunately for controller users who opppose, there's way more to gain than lose with the implementation of mouse and keyboard on console. a new horizon is dawning on console gaming and mouse and keyboard on console is going to drive new games, experiences and genres on to console never before possible. maintaining a controller only shooter experience is falling to the way side. it really is only a matter of time at this point. I'm sure you will always be able to use a controller but the choice to have controller only experience died already. unless you wanna play CS:GO on console. I promise you no emulators in that game. 

Message 6 of 11 (1,040 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

If kbm ever becomes normal on console it will bring about the end of consoles. This means console games will have to be designed for kbm game play. If the console games are going to be designed for kbm I have to go get a kbm. If I have to go get a kbm why would I play on a crappy console with all it's limitations and restrictions? If consoles adapt to be more like pcs and run pc style gaming then the price points for consoles will increase. If the price point of a console is now the same as a pc why would I not just buy a pc? Same money better customization more versatile...no clue how Sony and Microsoft can't see this...then you factor in the fact that most of these 8-15 year olds all follow twitch streamers who play on pc.."mommy i want an icore....blah...blah...blah for Xmas" instead of "mommy i want the new $700 Xbox for Xmas"

Message 7 of 11 (1,032 Views)

★ Guide
This is my response also. The last thing we need is the PC cheaters on the consoles. They need to get the cheaters under control before they ever consider this. And while Nintendo and MS don't mind, Sony has never wanted to do cross platform play.
Message 8 of 11 (1,020 Views)

★★ Guide

@Vampi_Boii wrote:

I Was Just Wondering If Apex Is Going To Be Adding Cross-Platform Because Why Not. And I Was Wondering If They Are Going To Add Mouse And Keyboard Support, I Am Really Hoping They Do Add Mouse And Keyboard Support Because I Really Like Apex And I Have A Really Bad Laptop That Can't Run Apex But It Would Be Awesome If I Could Use Mouse And Keyboard On My Ps4 And If They Added It My Friend Would Start Playing It.

Very doubtful they'll add this at least in the close future, simply because reasons others have mentioned such as hackers/cheaters crossing over. Also they would have to make sure everyone gets KB and mouse support on consoles if they plan to cross with PC. If anything the cross platform you may see will end up being Xbox - Ps4 together and PC still be standalone. As that makes things fair across the board for everyone involved. 

Also remember not everyone on console wants to use keyboard/mouse which is why a lot don't PC game and they'll have distinct disadvantages in situations like those. So there is a lot of work that needs to be done before going towards that direction in general.

Message 9 of 11 (1,017 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@HamoHitman wrote:

If kbm ever becomes normal on console it will bring about the end of consoles. This means console games will have to be designed for kbm game play. If the console games are going to be designed for kbm I have to go get a kbm. If I have to go get a kbm why would I play on a crappy console with all it's limitations and restrictions? If consoles adapt to be more like pcs and run pc style gaming then the price points for consoles will increase. If the price point of a console is now the same as a pc why would I not just buy a pc? Same money better customization more versatile...no clue how Sony and Microsoft can't see this...then you factor in the fact that most of these 8-15 year olds all follow twitch streamers who play on pc.."mommy i want an icore....blah...blah...blah for Xmas" instead of "mommy i want the new $700 Xbox for Xmas"

I agree with you.  Consoles would go up and price and might as well be considered computers themselves.  No longer can you just lay back on the couch with a controller,  you have have a desk to compete?  lol....    If this really happens it would hurt console sales because people would just stop buying laptops and consoles.  They would scrap getting a console and just go for a better pc.

But I think the backlash would be so huge,  they would be crazy to add support for mouse and kb on console.  It would be like cheating to most console players.

Message 10 of 11 (984 Views)