Is Anyone Else Concerned About The New S7 BP System?

by JonStriker126

Original Post

Re: Is Anyone Else Concerned About The New S7 BP System?

@asukojo

Yeah, see? This is the kind of stuff I was worried about. And look at the XP tab. Yeah, we still have the "option" to just farm XP, but it takes 10K for 1 Star and 10 stars for a level. That means it would take you 100K raw XP for 1 BP. That's almost twice the amount even the highest BP level took in S6. That is insane.

But, yeah, there you all go. These things right here are what I was worried about and now we can all see them, in black and white. Needless to say, I'm not too thrilled with the situation.
Message 31 of 43 (246 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@JonStriker126 Agree, they screwed it up this one. I won't buy BP with this painfull grind.

@EA_David

@EA_Kent

We don't mind the new star system, but it should take similiar effort/time with the previous system.

Message 32 of 43 (240 Views)

[ Edited ]

@asukojo

Yeah, I'm going to do what I did in S5. I wasn't sure if I would like the game/feel the BP to be worth it, so I just played and after I got to a certain point (knowing I would finish the pass), then I bought it. But, I'm not forking over $10/950 coins at the beginning of S7, like I did in S6. Not with this new system.

I just honestly don't think it'll be worth my money. But, maybe I'll be wrong and I'll blast through it. But, that's why I'm holding off on buying the pass, because I don't know how far I'll actually get into it, because S7's BP looks super grindy.

Message 33 of 43 (236 Views)

★ Expert
@JonStriker126 I'm going to hold off myself like I did in Season 5 too, but I don't think we have the full picture by any means.

For instance, there's daily challenges to consider and how many stars they will give you. This screen shot looks like just weekly challenges, which to me look more impactful than before. The XP is a bigger grind for sure, but the challenges might make up for that.
Message 34 of 43 (227 Views)

★ Expert

Like I said in an earlier post, this is like the Avengers Challenge cards.  But again, the problem I see is Avengers doesn't put a season time limit on theirs.  Apex does.  So in Avengers, it doesn't matter if you get some weeklies or dailies you don't like.  With Apex, I'm sure you can re-roll them, but there's always the season clock ticking in the background lol.

Message 35 of 43 (224 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

compressed-ivsx.png

Am I tripping or his BP is lvl 27. And they only had limited access to the game.

Message 36 of 43 (220 Views)

[ Edited ]

@BaldWraithSimp

Yeah, it looks like it, but I don't think that means much. Here's why:

Let's say you have some of the best Apex players testing out your new system. Now, obviously, because these are good players, they are going to blow through tasks, such as: kills, knockdowns, damage, etc, pretty fast. Not only that, but if playing Apex is their job, they spend a lot of time playing the game.

So, if they are better than the average player and are playing the game more than the average player, it would stand to reason that they are going to level up their BP faster than the average player in this scenario. So, while I do find a level 27 BP pretty impressive, I wouldn't exact take this as "this will be the standard/average for everyone".

Message 37 of 43 (213 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@JonStriker126Not only that but I’m absolutely certain on these early access accounts they had a bunch of apex coins given for free to spend and show off all the new content instantly to people. So in this pic I would not be surprised if he bought the Battle pass Plus and instantly got to level 25 and he only actually earned 2 levels from playing. People are literally showing off the R99 lvl 110 skin. They obviously didn’t grind 110 levels in the few hours they had early access for. It’s clearly all for marketing purposes.

Message 38 of 43 (209 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@BaldWraithSimp They got given apex coins to show off all the new content. He obviously bought those levels 😅
Message 39 of 43 (206 Views)

@RockScorpion384

That is also a good point.
Message 40 of 43 (202 Views)