Is Anyone Else Concerned About The New S7 BP System?

by JonStriker126

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Is Anyone Else Concerned About The New S7 BP System?

[ Edited ]

Yes, I know we don't know everything about it yet, but I can see how going from our current XP system to this "simplified" and "streamlined" Challenges and Stars system could be problematic.

You see, as it stands right now, you can complete a Battle Pass by just playing the game. You don't need to do Daily or Weekly Challenges to finish the pass. Do they help? Absolutely. But they are not necessary. Apex rewards you for just playing the game, no matter what weapons or legends you use and I feel that's a good thing.

This Challenge system could potentially ruin that. Imagine in S7 the only way to get BP levels in game is to play legends you don't like, use weapons you don't care for, and/or have to complete really grindy tasks (such as "10K damage with X weapon", as we've seen before). 

While I will reserve judgement of it, until we see it in action (obviously), the idea of it does concern me. While the amount of XP needed can be a bit of a grind (Especially at those higher 45K and 54K levels), at least every time I finish a game, I feel like I'm working toward my BP. It doesn't matter what legend I was playing, what weapon I was using, if I placed 20th, 15th, or 1st. In the current system, every time you play, you are at least earning somethingChallenges just helped the experience along.

But, in a Challenge only system, I could easily see someone getting frustrated or discouraged if they are given challenges with weapons they don't like to use, legends they don't like to play, and so on. Making them just feel like they've wasted their time (and potentially money) on the game.

I don't know. Like I said, I will reserve judgment until we see it in action, but I do see the potential pitfalls of this S7 BP system. They say they are doing this to make everything more "simplified" and "streamlined". And that may be true, and it might work out really well. But I can also see how a system like this could lead to frustration and discouragement. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what they do with it.

Message 1 of 43 (793 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Is Anyone Else Concerned About The New S7 BP System?

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@JonStriker126 

I did a lot reserach to answer your concern, and found the answer :

1. XP from playing also count 1 star to your battle pass (10,000 XP = +1 BP ), check it out below:

starSystem2.PNG

If you like my research/answer, don't hestitate to accept it as solution, thanks in advance.

View in thread

Message 26 of 43 (673 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Expert
@JonStriker126 I read about that somewhere. It will work on a 'star' system, where 10 stars=1 level. I suppose you would earn the stars just by playing too. But you are right, we will see in 3 days.
Message 2 of 43 (783 Views)

[ Edited ]

@BaldWraithSimp

Right. And if you earn stars by just playing as well, I think it will be fine. My concern is if most of these stars are only earnable through specific weapon/legend challenges and such. I mean, a Wraith Main isnt going to want to play Mirage. No one is going to want to be forced to use a Mozam (or whatever weapon they dislike) in multiple matches, all for the sake of battle pass levels.

I do see how making it challenges only and stuff can make this system feel a lot simpler, but I just don't want people to feel like they're not progressing because The challenges they get include things they don't like about the game and/or are super grindy (Like the 10K damage one I mentioned, in the OP).

Message 3 of 43 (776 Views)

Champion
@JonStriker126 If they make the BP in a way that forces me to play with characters I do not want to, I simply will not purchase it.
Message 4 of 43 (766 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@JonStriker126 Nah, dont worry, EA wouldnt dare to put something too complicated and risk rage of FNGs
Message 5 of 43 (755 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@JonStriker126 This game is catered towards casuals so it doesn’t surprise me when I read the news. We’ll see what it will be like.
Message 6 of 43 (754 Views)

★★ Pro
@JonStriker126 see yous in season 8 😂
Message 7 of 43 (740 Views)

@hayhor

Yeah. And I don't believe you are alone in your feelings (hence my posts on the topic, here)
Message 8 of 43 (734 Views)

@Koochi-Q

Yeah. Honestly, it's things like their new approach to the battle pass and vehicles coming to Olympus in Season 7 that kind of worry me about the near future of this game.

I know we don't have enough information to go on yet about everything, that's why I'm reserving judgment until the season launches. But there are things that concern me, in regards to the changes they are making.

I mean, look how the whole EvoShield thing went over this season. I'm not sure how people feel about respawn basically treating every season as "let's try out these new experiments and treat you all as our guinea pigs".

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that they shouldn't try out new things, and there are positive aspects to experimenting with stuff. It's just how they go about it sometimes doesn't always feel the best.
Message 9 of 43 (728 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

Yeah, even current challenges has negative impact on gameplay. They are tracking what legends and weapons you use and in challenges are only things you are not using = in result you get team mates which are playing on half of their skill, because they are trying to complete some challenge.
Thanks god they got rid from challenges like "Land in this location and do bla bla bla". For them it took a while to realize how stupid such challenges are in squad based game.
But they are still adding such challenges... i had squad mates who are going solo just to activate these stupid gravity lifts.

Message 10 of 43 (708 Views)