Is Acorn BETTER than Space Cadet?

by Frogchair

Original Post

Is Acorn BETTER than Space Cadet?

★ Apprentice

The Oak form feels soooooo much stronger than Space Station form.

I don’t play either, but when I play games along side them, oak feels way stronger. Its incredibly tanky and it has ling range damage and burst with self healing.

The space station is perhaps less tanky and requires you to get so much closer to do any damage. 

The Oak has 2 abilities plus the 2 abilities of the Acorns riding it. But the Oak is still strong without any passengers. The Space Station has an ability dedicated to the passengers, so it feels like it MUST have a Cadet riding or its useless. 

Give the Space Station an additional functionality or an additional ranged ability. Or buffs of some sort. Or nerf the Oak!

I just find that the Oak is much more successful in its roll as an anchor, than the Station is as an “initiator?”

The station does devastating damage, but it has to get close, but its so slow and big, and even after it goes in, it has no way of getting out. Its only job is to go in, Crater Maker their team, and then get blown up and die..... 

idk, just my two cents, the two have different roles, and one of them is much more successful than the other. 

Message 1 of 6 (512 Views)

Re: Is Acorn BETTER than Space Cadet?

★ Novice

With no team Oak is better He is just so tanky.

With a team they're both unstoppable.

When a full Oak and a full space station meet the space station will mostly come out on top just because it has the Shields, their way to strong, it takes to long to even take one down so it's even worse with all 4 facing you and you can't deal any damage

Message 2 of 6 (455 Views)

★ Guide

One problematic thing about Oak is that when he goes down, his Acorns do not. In Vanquish Confirmed, this will cause major imbalance and overload of stacked Oaks.

Message 3 of 6 (420 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I can certainly understand where your coming from but I do have a preference for the space station. The only issues I have with it are that we've had multiple rockets fail or disappear and twice now when joining a space station I've been stuck halfway in the map separated from the station, leading to a game crash!

Message 4 of 6 (366 Views)

Champion (Retired)

They’re both solid characters.

Something telling to me is how many people use Space Station during the hard challenges of Weirding Woods.

I think the answer boils down to playstyle.

Message 5 of 6 (348 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@spIash_damage I was actually going to say something about this.

Other than a few bosses (Sunflower Hunt, Dreadwood) I just Space Station Super Lasered everything because it basically one-shots anything, and with the upgrades it gets... Zombie PVE is actually kind of a joke with her.

I haven't tried the #5 Battle Chest yet though. I'm too scared tbh. lmao

I didn't find the Oak to be as useful in PVE. I used him for the Diamond Gnome fight but otherwise, I used Sunflower or Peashooter for the boss fights and challenges.
Message 6 of 6 (331 Views)