Ironically funny trash-talk

by bosourd

Original Post

Ironically funny trash-talk

★★ Pro

I solo queue today and got 2 games with a complete 2 different clowns. Both scenarios pretty much the same. But this one put a smile on my face.

The one around lvl 60ish, the other one is a newbie. I gave the jumpmaster to them (because I always do), and they decided to hot-drop, which is my kind of play-style. I'm looking good with my banners and diamond trail, we landed and the loot wasn't so kind, they both put up a good quick fight but get downed and as slick as a wraith I am, I knocked 2 people while running around like crazy.

I couldn't revive the Path and Bangalore only got 20secs left, he's right next to me but as soon as I'm healing, other squad stormed in so I died instantly.

And then he said: "wow, you're a diamond? you're sh*t." I didn't even mad, It was a compliment from a butthurt who couldn't handle Apex's heat.

I thought I did my best. Please forgive me. Frown

p.s. don't trash-talk if you play like a bot.

Message 1 of 10 (507 Views)

Re: Ironically funny trash-talk

@bosourd I just laugh at it, we all have good rounds and we all have bad rounds. Highest rank I've made was into platinum. I got matched with a higher skill predator.. He got knocked 3 times and I had to respawn him once. He was definitely struggling. I asked him if he needed anything guns, attachments or what.. He said he was good, just having a bad round. I've also been in his position before, had one last night I could not land shots with a triple take for the life of me.

The funniest to me are the ones who go off when they get downed. You see the match summary and have done more damage. Just going to let those numbers do the talking.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 10 (492 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@bosourd Get this in ranked pretty often. It's quite funny tbh.

Land and both die within 5 seconds, wipe opposing squad and grab first banner then as I'm healing and make my way to the second i'll get 3rd partied and die. Wow you're predator and only got 3 kills. Trash.

Had a Series 2 pred and his friend on my team last week. We dropped in Thunderdome and they got a purple and blue armour, while I didn't have any with a p2020 and mozzy with a bag full of attachment so I said lets rotate towards the jumptower so I can kit up and pinged the location. Anyways this guy went solo in the opposite direction to Gauntlet with his friend 20 secs in tow and they got wiped pretty fast going in one by one then starts screaming down the mic ''I knocked one and the other 2 are low why didn't you push with us''.. ''Well I did just tell you I had nothing and you obviously understand English so what's your excuse pushing solo''.. No answer.

Get kitted, go back just in time to grab their banners and another team starts chasing me. Managed to down one and being the spiderman i am, i traversed across the map with such grace it should have been captured in a marvel movie. This guy being toxic as hell raging down the mic the entire time but i can't help but laugh at him.

I assume the group of the guy i downed got 3rd partied as i have a kill and managed to 3rd party the last guy from a team next to the spawn point while he's rezzing. So i get these guys back into the action and they loot the spoils from the last guy i downed and his team. This guy then hears gunfire and runs off towards them while his friend is still looting, being quiet so far i stuck with him till he grabbed his goodies.

You know what happens next - The pred gets downed again. Instantly.

What went from general rage was now full on screaming and i'm in absolute hysterics. So me and his friend push and we both managed to down and thirst one each while getting finished from another team behind.

I get an invite into his lobby and he starts giving me a lot of really nice complements to say the least xD and wants to 1v1 me because he's a coach from Legionfarm. I told him i have nothing to prove and that maybe he should listen to his team instead of being Rambo putting us all in bad positions with his whole zero kill count and left.

TLDR - Moral of the story is laugh at toxic people as it lightens the mood.
xD
Message 3 of 10 (488 Views)

[ Edited ]

Were they in a party? I've found that this typically happens when I'm the third and the other 2 are in a party. I say hey, I have nothing don't push.. They push anyways and put the entire team in a difficult position. What's comical is when you pull off the miracle and get the "party invite" after pulling off the miracle.

My friends and I have good fun talking trash to each other. When they are having bad rounds, I tell them we were all noobs at one point.. The other one I like to do, is ping the gold knock down shield.. Can you come grab this? You're the most likely to use it. 

Message 4 of 10 (480 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@DarthValtrex Yes they were together. I have the occasion toxic guy but this dude went all out on his mic for the full round and then some.
Message 5 of 10 (470 Views)

@apostolateofDOOM I get them in DM from time to time. Depending on how rude they are, I either try and calm them down or just ignore it. Most of the time I just ignore it. The ones that make me scratch my head, they yell at me.. Then invite me to game with them.

The funny ones are when you get a DM from an enemy you've killed.. They tell you, you are not that good.. Then proceed to tell you, you cheat. My typical response is, okay commander conundrum.

Sometimes they are cool about it though, I had one who thought I was playing Duos with a second squad. I was not, that's not something I would do. I actually clipped the fight and sent him a video of it. I just happened to be solo and was trying to steal kills with a sniper to keep my K/D decent. He assumed I was playing with the enemy squad because I did not immediately engage them once his team died. I just waited for a third party to attack that squad.. Then started taking shots again. But I was not working with anyone.

Message 6 of 10 (460 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@DarthValtrex I have been accused of all sorts but just ignore them or make a funny to lighten the mood and the only reason i joined this guy was because i was laughing so hard at the time.

I'm on PC so rarely get messages after, unless i have killed or been killed by someone on twitch followed by a vid clip. I love these. xD

Most recent was shiv fps, killed my mates and his team hunted me across the entire map, their bloodlust managed to get me in the end but the comments were hilarious and i gave them a good run for their points.
Message 7 of 10 (420 Views)

★★ Pro
I had someone who messaged me 'get stomped on' when he killed me. I don't even know why. Did I offend him?

I still don't know to this day.
Message 8 of 10 (404 Views)

★★★ Expert

Here's a pro tip, if you're ever annoyed by your teammates, use the text to speech function and just put in lot of zero's like this 000000000000000000000

I promise it stars to make an insanely annoying sound Standard smile

Message 9 of 10 (360 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@bosourd Notice that the people who always never get any kills and die instantly are the ones talking trash. They suck, you downed 2, f em. Good Job.
Message 10 of 10 (353 Views)