Re : Introducing Origin Spotlight - Feedback is welcome!

by cybercombattant

Original Post

Introducing Origin Spotlight

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

original.jpg

Hello everyone,

We would like to welcome all of you to the new Origin Community forums. And with the launch of our new community forums, we would also like to announce changes that we are making to improve your experience with Origin.

In September 2016 we released our new Origin 10 client update. We’ve put our heart and soul into creating this update, and we are proud of the possibilities that the new client gives us in terms of functionality and content that it can deliver to you, our players. We have received a good amount of positive feedback about the new client, but there has been negative feedback as well, which we are continuously working on to address.

We are also aware that the launch of Origin 10 came as a complete surprise to many of you. As a result, some of you felt overwhelmed or lost with the new changes to the client. We have since learned from you that you want more insight into upcoming changes, and more discussion on how to improve the existing features.

To do that, we will be expanding upon our existing monthly thread series called Origin Spotlight. The expansion of the series will focus on bringing you updates directly from the Origin team to give you a sneak peek into the future of Origin. It will also serve as a dedicated channel for you to talk about desired or upcoming changes with us. We strive to always offer a great gaming experience with Origin, and we want you to be a part of that.

Assuming there are no development delays, you can expect the first new Origin Spotlight post to go live around mid-March. Until then, we would love to hear your ideas on what you’d like the Origin Spotlight series to do for you. Please let us know!

We look forward to hearing from you,

Message 1 of 17 (6,867 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

The actuel model for the download is very slow. And i think that it is insustainable for two reasons: The games are getting bigger and your catalog is getting bigger.

The solution is:

-  Keeping the actuel model for the people how want to play while downloading.

- Create a new mode based on the torrent technology for the people how want all theirs downloads in less than a night.

Message 2 of 17 (6,658 Views)

Re: Introducing Origin Spotlight - Feedback is welcome!

★★★ Apprentice

I would like to know that when games are becoming availible it shows a timer when that actually will occur.

It is always very vague ...

for example I see ME:Andromeda is coming out tomorrow for Origin members.

GREAT!

But when I see on my origin, it says preload date 17 march. Strange since I can play it from the 16th.

Also on the 16th... when will that be in my country? Will that be in the morning of the 16th? right before midnight ?

It would be much less frustrating if that would be crystal clear when you are eagerly awaiting new launches.

Thanks!

Message 3 of 17 (6,634 Views)

EA DICE Team

@cybercombattant

Hi there,

Could you clarify what you mean with the actual model for the download? Are you referring to how our download system works? Ultimately, the speed of your download depends on the speed of your internet connection.

If your struggling with download speeds on Origin, then perhaps you could ask other players for some help on the Origin - Technical Issues board:

Lastly, what would you like us to talk about with Origin Spotlight? Is there anything else about Origin that you are unfamiliar with and would like us to talk about? We would love to know.

@Kozzzmozzz

I noticed that Alex from the Origin team already answered your question regarding this - I hope he was able to clarify everything for you.

In the meantime, is there anything else that you would like us to focus on in the Origin Spotlight series?

Message 4 of 17 (6,609 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The only thing I'm interested in about the Origin client at this point in time is knowing what the dev team is doing to include a built-in bandwidth limiter.

Message 5 of 17 (6,492 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Limit bandwidth

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/How-do-I-set-maximum-download-speed-in-origin/td-p/1444230

If you look in this thread, this basic quality of life feature was requested 3(!) years ago! Why it hasn't been implented yet and how something like this can be overlooked, while Steam had this pretty early on, is beyond my comprehension...

Message 6 of 17 (6,477 Views)

Re: Introducing Origin Spotlight

★★★ Apprentice
I would really like some way to take screen shots in a game.
Message 7 of 17 (6,298 Views)

★★★ Novice

My problem is fixed with an update. Microsoft have a lot of problems with the intel I7.  Like games with overlapsing dialog and music.

Message 8 of 17 (6,280 Views)

Re: Introducing Origin Spotlight

★★★ Novice

koreolis a écrit :
I would really like some way to take screen shots in a game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8j__cTNr9g

Message 9 of 17 (6,277 Views)

EA DICE Team

@koreolis

We're aware of that request and have it logged in the following thread:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/Origin-Feedback-so-far/td-p/5862052

@cybercombattant

That's great news!

Message 10 of 17 (6,258 Views)