Interesting Turn of Events

by Lord_Scorpion34

Original Post

Interesting Turn of Events

★★★★★ Expert

I hadn't seen an Emergency Meeting but what do you guys think about what's in this article? I mean I know some of us aren't surprised right lol? But doubt it'll make an impact.

https://www.xfire.com/web-stories/players-are-planning-to-boycott-apex-legends/

Message 1 of 12 (346 Views)

Re: Interesting Turn of Events

★★★★★ Expert

@Lord_Scorpion34 Saved me some money since I was supposed to buy an heirloom this anniversary. Skins in an FPS should not cost that much since all you see are your gloves unlike heirlooms. I doubt that people will boycott apex though since there’s no real replacement yet for Apex. I think there’s this line where the skins are worth their price depending on how they look and what additional cosmetics that come with it etc. This BH mythic skin just gives you 2 meh skins and 1 good skin with a finisher. 

Respawn should have added these things to at least make the $160 skin “worth it”

- New animation in legend select screen like the SFTO skins.

- New banner animation like the heirlooms

- New quips like the heirlooms

- The skin should have been a reactive skin where it changes mid-game. 

But nope it’s just 3 pairs of gloves and 1 cool finisher. According to Respawn no one uses finishers that’s why they don’t new finishers in the game anymore. I think from now on they’ll try to do 2 collection events per season. 1 being a mythic skin and another for the usual heirloom. They’re slowly making these Thematic events look like collection events recently.

Message 2 of 12 (340 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

@Cheese9ManAnd then it'd still be worth max 3 bucks. It's skins... in a video game.

Message 3 of 12 (332 Views)

★★★ Pro

@Lord_Scorpion34 It's all just hype.  Nobody is boycotting anything.  It's like these low quality apex posts you see on various Facebook groups "APEX players DEMAND x" - no we don't. 

Simple. If you don't like it or think it's overpriced don't buy it.  Not sure why this is difficult to grasp.

Message 4 of 12 (325 Views)

Champion
@Lord_Scorpion34 I'd love to see the sales numbers for this event. I don't think it's gone over very well. In heirloom events for 2 or 3 weeks you see the character with the heirloom in every team. I'm rarely seeing this BH skin.
Message 5 of 12 (291 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@hayhor Do you think this BH mythic skin will sell more than the crypto heirloom?
Message 6 of 12 (287 Views)

Champion
@CCbathwater We seem to be of the same opinion, Lol! I have a hard time justifying paying more than a couple dollars, for any cosmetic on any game. There is no scenario where I am paying $160 for a dang skin XD

I have saved so much money over the years, by not purchasing cosmetics. Doesn't hurt my feelings one bit!

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

"Play me online? Well, you know that I'll beat you.
If I ever meet you, I'll control-alt-delete you!"
Message 7 of 12 (267 Views)

Champion
@Cheese9Man It should based on pick rate. That's why I find it interesting I'm not seeing a lot of the skins. BH is in lots of games and teams. Rev and rampart are used far less but when their heirlooms were released they were in every team. It seems people understand you can't see skins.
Message 8 of 12 (259 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Well I can only speak for myself.

I'm refusing to play for at least a few weeks as the new season brought about some unseen change that's greatly affected my movement in game.

As for a 160$ skin, i'm sorry what? That's literally weeks worth of gas for me, or groceries for a couple weeks.

I learned my lesson in TF2 and that was just buying 2.50$ keys.

Skins are cool and all, but that's a fairly outrageous price when the game itself isn't getting the quality of life updates it needs.

Or at least some consistency, regardless of how I feel about this season. It always seems like there's a weapon or character benched due to some kind of broken mechanic.

As fun as this game is, its hard to stay interested when day to day the game can feel entirely different. 

And instead of focusing on maintaining consistency, they are consistently putting out the ridiculous money grab events that push kids to steal their parents credit cards.

Best of luck to you all.

Cheers,

Carrymeplzisux

Message 9 of 12 (250 Views)

★ Guide

I dont really care, it's just a skin.

Message 10 of 12 (240 Views)