Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Interceptor Deathstalker Blades, how to build and use them?

by Umagon-1

Original Post

Interceptor Deathstalker Blades, how to build and use them?

★★ Guide

Hi guys, the Interceptor's Deathstalker Blades are a Primer weapon, so I think this means no Aura for the Interceptor if you use this weapon? 

How do people who are using it effectively use it?

Message 1 of 19 (963 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice

I use the deathstalker blades with sudden death and absolute zero. Rotating the following combos: melee attack -> sudden death (gives the acid aura and spreads acid even quicker), melee attack -> sudden death -> absolute zero (gives the acid aura and stuns the target in place), absolute zero -> melee attack -> sudden death (stuns the target sets the frost primer then the acid primer, sudden death triggers the frost aura freezing everything around you stunning it and the acid lowers the target’s defense to the sudden death a lot of the smaller enemies will basically be killed in this three hit combo. For the larger targets that can be stun locked this combo works well for them also).

Having a absolute zero with 2-3 charges and sudden death with at least two allows one of the combo chains to be available 90% of the time. The build I use integrates softened blows with a max armor stat to give the setup more standing power, also I got lucky and got a component that has increase to acid effect. I could post the whole build pics if you want. I want to ingrate the razorwing into build, maybe another secondary weapon also.

Message 2 of 19 (940 Views)

★★ Guide
@Umagon-1 Is this the only viable build? I think the Interceptor's other Gear lack synergy.
Message 3 of 19 (904 Views)

★ Apprentice

Sudden death and raneri’s charge are the only detonators in the assault/strike systems as of now. Viable build is kind of situational. If you are in a group on gm2+ end game content and someone else is handling freezing a detonating then you could build differently. But if you do not detonate then you can not get the aura, which generally helps the team by spreading effects.

On gm 2/3 strongholds and activities of that type you will really want the crowd control that absolute zero gives you vs the dash raneri’s charge would give you. The other assault systems aren’t really needed when using the deathstalker blades. I mean yes you can use them but they don’t have kind of synergy needed to lock/burn down npcs quickly.

For the strike systems you could use cariff’s talon to help take care of shielded enemies if not enough people are running some type of electric damage. Or viper’s bite with extra charges with a ult gen build.

The deathstalker blades main benefit is that everything you hit with the melee attacks becomes primed with acid so the group gets combos all the time on top of the enemies taking more damage. So, by running them you boost the group's overall dps.

Message 4 of 19 (871 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Umagon-1

first off why absolute zero? Doesn't serp vail mean the blades do 2x dmg since they do acid dmg? Also, how do you get multiple charges? Is that a super lucky ultra rare thing?
Message 5 of 19 (696 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

You can use Deathstalker blades with Serpents veil to prime for the devastating damage it provides paired with Conductive Lattice to detonate with melee.

You can also pair this with Sudden death as your detonator or the new Spectre's flash (upgraded Wraith strike).

If you pepper a group of enemies with Serpents veil on your approach and use Spectre's flash as you descend upon them half the group is melted before you even arrive, coupled with Deathstalker blades and Conductive lattice any thing left is utterly destroyed with Deathstalker blades less than 50 percent hp buff and serpent veils buff, slicing through brutes etc like butter.

If you don't like the new Spectre's flash you can always use Sudden death to detonate anything primed with Serpents veil.

Message 6 of 19 (673 Views)

★ Apprentice

@Robmartin703 wrote:
@Umagon-1

first off why absolute zero? Doesn't serp vail mean the blades do 2x dmg since they do acid dmg? Also, how do you get multiple charges? Is that a super lucky ultra rare thing?

Absolute zero primes targets hit with ice allowing you to detonate them and obtain the frost aura which freezes npcs in place when you are near them. This makes them stop attacking and easier to take down. Absolute zero is about crowd control. Serpent’s veil is fine for extra damage if you have other means of crowd control on the build you use or other team members are handling the crowd control.

Conductive lattice does not detonate primers, it just creates an electrical explosion. The wording on conductive lattice’s description needs to be clarified. The three charge absolute zero I have was just a lucky drop, unfortunately that is the only way to get items with extra charges. I pair the deathstalker blades with the acid sigil and one of my components inscriptions increases acid effects over the whole javelin.

Message 7 of 19 (655 Views)

★ Guide

If you use Deathstalker blades serpents veil a must wear nothing else will get your melee dmg higher. Deathstalker build alot squishier though so emergency power, softened blows etc. A must in gm3. Wearing death stalker without serpents veil would be as dumb as a collosus combo build without the 200 percent combo dmg launcher.

Message 8 of 19 (622 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@Umagon-1 wrote:

I use the deathstalker blades with sudden death and absolute zero. Rotating the following combos: melee attack -> sudden death (gives the acid aura and spreads acid even quicker), melee attack -> sudden death -> absolute zero (gives the acid aura and stuns the target in place), absolute zero -> melee attack -> sudden death (stuns the target sets the frost primer then the acid primer, sudden death triggers the frost aura freezing everything around you stunning it and the acid lowers the target’s defense to the sudden death a lot of the smaller enemies will basically be killed in this three hit combo. For the larger targets that can be stun locked this combo works well for them also).

Having a absolute zero with 2-3 charges and sudden death with at least two allows one of the combo chains to be available 90% of the time. The build I use integrates softened blows with a max armor stat to give the setup more standing power, also I got lucky and got a component that has increase to acid effect. I could post the whole build pics if you want. I want to ingrate the razorwing into build, maybe another secondary weapon also.

Inty is not my favorite but I do try to enjoy it when I get the opportunity to play these days so thank you for something new to try

Message 9 of 19 (558 Views)

★★ Guide

I tried using DS blades with the New Detonator Gear, it works quite well and I combine with Absolute Zero as well. Thanks for the tips guys.

Message 10 of 19 (524 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help