Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Interceptor Aura Effect

by daemontonio

Original Post

★ Apprentice
Unfortunately, no one answered the question what gives a buff. And the urns Combo Plus effect, it doesn’t increase the number of ticks adcombo aura doesn’t increase, the frequency of these ticks doesn’t increase nothing is done somebody explain I checked it all Aura Effect combo no matter what neither the amount of incoming damage affects the impurity of the tick of the same damage
Message 11 of 14 (117 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Guide
@Kharneth88 Try Way of Integration. I can feel the difference in damage dealt by Serpent's Veil and Deathstalker Blades. Try also equipping an Acid sigil before your expeditions.
Message 12 of 14 (86 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@Kharneth88 wrote:

What exactly does the Interceptor Aura do? I know it gives you an elemental buff that follows you around for a time. Does it change the damage type of your melee or add elemental damage to it? Does it prime targets or does it only cause a status effect? 

I'm wondering how to make the most out of Serpent's Veil's +100% acid damage buff. Does it affect anything other than its own damage (if at all) and Venom Spray?

The aura tics deal little direct damage, and the status spread by the aura can inflict  a bit of dot. I don’t think status effects resulting from the aura can be detonated. 

The Death Stalker blades have some small acid effect, but isn’t also their base damage of type acid? I thought the passive bonus from Serpent‘s Veil applies to your melee attack, if and only if you are using that weapon type. 

Message 13 of 14 (77 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@eQuivalenToSome detonators trigger aura buffs off primed targets - like the new L66/80 specter. They have it in their descriptions.

Overall, a bit too complicated and unreliable mechanic. Especially considering huge melee damage nerf in 1.30 patch combined with Interceptor's non-existent survivability: more often than not Interceptor dies faster than debuff procs or let alone detonates (although this part is easy with new melee detonator). In the end it's easier and faster to one/two-shot everything with Rainmaker - at least until its inevitable nerf a patch or two later.

Message 14 of 14 (70 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help