Input based matchmaking and permanent xim bans

by HamoHitman

Original Post

Input based matchmaking and permanent xim bans

★ Guide

Need input based matchmaking asap as well as coding to detect xim user...  Tired of playing against kb+m cheats all night long

Message 1 of 59 (15,565 Views)

Re: Input based matchmaking and permanent xim bans

★★★★ Guide

how do you know you're playing against mouse and keyboard players and not just getting wrecked by the world largest player base 

Message 2 of 59 (15,553 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Not too hard to tell who plays what if you spectate...4 head shots with a scout from 200m while your running is most likely a mouse...sub 100 gamerscore is a good indicator as well...youve have absolutely no Xbox play history yet you nailed me with 10 straight shots while sliding sideways? Okay sure...xim users on Apex is and other fps is alot more common than you think...just YouTube it...xim 4 Apex legends...here's one 4 ya....

https://youtu.be/c4B2IUNX_aI

Yeah I think I should be forced to play against cheaters like this

Message 3 of 59 (15,543 Views)

★★★★ Guide

OK, I watched the video, it's a sizzle reel. I didn't see anything unfair. I didn't see any cheating either. how does this look like cheating to you? where's the cheating and unfair advantage? it's not even against you. we're you one of the people he killed in the stream? 

Message 4 of 59 (15,530 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
Spoiler

@full951 

He has no clue yes there are videos on YouTube of it being used but they are very rare it is just something bad players use as an excuse because they can’t believe someone is better than them 

no point of even talking to these people because in there head they honestly believe 30 to 40 percent of the people playing this game are useing them but funny thing is I probably have around 100 games and have never seen a player that I thought oh that was impossible he must be using xim 

kinda surprised he didn’t say he has way more headshots than kills he has to be cheating like every other bad player on the forums

Message 5 of 59 (15,516 Views)

★★ Apprentice
Last time I checked, Xim isn't detectable. Microsoft has to come up with a way to detect it, not EA. Also just because you believe someone is using it, there isnt a way to be sure. That low xbox gamers ore could just mean they are using a smurf account.
Message 6 of 59 (15,506 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I agree, seperate the xim users and keep it a level playing field. EA would win back so much lost respect from the playerbase if the did this. Just look what happened last october regarding fortnite and xim not working, the playerbase loved it......until the xim developer found a workaround and epic didnt bother anymore. Definitely would be a chance for apex to stand out from pubg and fortnite where they failed. Plus lets be honest the only ones complaining and stating xim isnt cheating are the xim users. And yes xim is detectable, at least on xbox.

Message 7 of 59 (15,469 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@jobe95 wrote:

I agree, seperate the xim users and keep it a level playing field. EA would win back so much lost respect from the playerbase if the did this. Just look what happened last october regarding fortnite and xim not working, the playerbase loved it......until the xim developer found a workaround and epic didnt bother anymore. Definitely would be a chance for apex to stand out from pubg and fortnite where they failed. Plus lets be honest the only ones complaining and stating xim isnt cheating are the xim users. And yes xim is detectable, at least on xbox.

Is using a steering wheel cheating on Forza? That would be a nope. Are all steering wheel input devices made by Microsoft? Again nope! Do any third party companies that make steering wheel controllers get banned for making a better input device for driving games? Again guess what, NOPE! The Xim movements are sent thru and translated thru the controller. Meaning simply the keyboard and mouse movements go thru the Xim then thru the controller so to make sure those movements can’t exceed  anything that a controller can’t do. Sure, it can do it a hell of a lot better. But, sorry if you choose to use a device that is less capable of doing a job then another. I’ll use a steering wheel when playing Forza and I don’t get separated into any “Steering Wheel” only servers. And to be honest I’ve never heard any controller players on Forza whining about steering wheel users like FPS players do. So I’m personally not asking any Xim user to apologize for playing a game how they choose!

And as far as EA winning back respect or player base if they did what you ask. I think if EA just enables native Keyboard and Mouse input for the game, which both Xbox and PS4 are capable of. They would win ten times the number of players that would come over from PC because they are tired of all the hacks and cheats that PC players have to deal with. And I do believe this will happen soon. Times change, input devices change. Adapt, overcome, improvise.

Message 8 of 59 (15,453 Views)

★★★ Novice
That guy on the highlight real is not cheating, you can tell based on the movements it is a controller.
Message 9 of 59 (15,428 Views)

★ Guide

Input based match making??  This game does not support any other input on consoles.

U R talkin about 3rd party software which the console sees as a regular controller.  There is nothing to base this match making u wish for.

The only solution is EA stop blocking native kb/m devices on consoles.  Both consoles support native m/kb, it is only the game which blocks these input devices.

As long as the game blocks legit input devices people will use 3rd party devices.

There is zero reason to block m/kb in this game, so why did EA do it?

If EA stopped blocking m/kb on console all those dollars spent on 3rd party devices would be worthless as native support would be much better/accurate/faster/etc.

Blame EA, Blame respawn, dont blame the players who are just using the work arounds provided for the games short comings.

These guys arent hacking, heck Sony even licenses a m/kb peripheral for use in games that have blocked this type of input, Sont wants us to use m/kb, EA/Respawn just being ignorant of this.

Message 10 of 59 (15,417 Views)