Re: Input based matchmaking and permanent xim bans

by BA2VGT

Original Post

★ Guide

@full951 wrote:

@BA2VGT wrote:

How can you not see that native support would destroy the game?  You have zero chance with a controller vs native M&K.  I use mouse on PC...if it handled like it does on PC on the PS4 I woukd faceroll every match vs controller users. 

Faster to turn, faster to stop, easier to slide/strafe and shoot.  More accurate and faster on target.  Just no competition. 

PC users buy console to get away from the unlevel hack fest that is PC...then immediately want to unlevel the field.  No thanks. 

wow, another pc gamer

well, if it was exactly the same on console as on pc, then you would be in luck. you could transition to a hack free environment and only sacrifice ultimate pc visuals while maintaining your gaming perifials and performance. 

that's just the reality of the situation. MnK is better for this game and many other shooters. that's why console manufacturers are laying the grounds for it.i don't know if you noticed but shooters are bread and butteriin the console space. delivering the best possible shooter experience is what they are going for and as everyone keeps saying, playing with a mouse and keyboard is better than using a controller 

plus if you come to console, in the next few years you will see games that were previously exclusive to pc come to console thanks to native mouse and keyboard support. 

I'm gonna give you a look into the future of console gaming. I have a mild clairvoyant sight to these things: it isn't gonna be the shooters that put a mouse and keyboard in front of millions of console gamers, it's gonna be the RTS and MMO's. when that happens, good luck keeping MnK out of your console  shooters my pc gaming friend. unfortunately any game already in development and coming soon likely won't have the native support lest Uber popular like fortnite. do you know of any game that's "fortnite popular"? 

You state that FPS is the bread and butter of console gaming (not sure that's even true) and then state it needs K&M because it's so superior...then please explain why currently the bread and butter is working? How is it if so many are crying out for this that literally every AAA paid shooter game (cod, bf, etc) console dominates the sales? It's already selling, why is it so broken?

I play both PC and PS4. There is no skill based matchmaking etc that will make this work, it would never ever be even. And you cannot have cross play etc without letting the PC cheaters in.  It doesn't work that way .

This supposed move to M&K you are are seeing from your time machine has been predicted for years..just like the mmorpg/rts takeover, which is totally a dieing section of gaming anyway, what's the last great selling RTS?   Warcraft at what, 10 years old?  RTS do not sell.  MMORPG doesn't sell all that well (new games) and I don't see the last successfully running one (wow) going console anytime soon.  Other than wow you have what, STO and little else? 

There is no great call from current console customers to get M&K.  There is no huge untapped market that will switch to console if it happens.  There is no way to implement it fairly without loosing most of your base unless you separate the user base into two groups, controller and mouse, which is bad (bf went to live service just to prevent that). 

Just learn to use a controller.  Is it harder?  Yes. But it's EVEN.  What difference does it make if Nascar runs races with restrictor plates so long as everyone had one? 

Message 41 of 59 (1,229 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Your a 1000 percent wrong there is way more people using keyboards than you think and the advantage you gain in apex. Is on matched thus is why respawn bans because of it they also aknowldged that this is one of there biggest issue when comes to cheating since they dont got input based matchmaking

Message 42 of 59 (1,041 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This ❤️❤️❤️❤️ idiot that isn't even compareable you get no advantage from a stirring wheel...when aiming with your hand versus a thumb that's why theres aim assists on console stfu with your corner ❤️❤️❤️❤️ comment you gain a lot on mouse not even counting aim you can move around while looting death box you jump kick off walls theres a lot 

Message 43 of 59 (1,036 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Dude since when can you not read the button lay out ❤️❤️❤️❤️ idiot it's not a controler

Message 44 of 59 (1,036 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Umm dummy thats cause the movements aren't the same there just not aim is way better easier on pc by far I know I play both so don't try say different you can't move looting death box can't jump kick off walls and last your aim on moving targets its by far an advantage

Message 45 of 59 (1,031 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@LtHitlisIt is this attitude that will ruin console. Want M&K? Play PC. People who use M&K are trying to gain an advantage. As for the people who deny the hack issue on PS4 and XBox, they are probably ones who use it. Common answer, “I never see it”.....Maybe your in lobbies that are too low. The higher up you get the more you see it. Lots of Preds use M&K, hell I’ve even had Pred randoms tell me so and advise what I should buy. Most common I see rapid  fire and anti recoil.....Spectate, you can tell when they have slight screen jitter as the setting is too high.

This is an issue for all FPS games, not just Apex. I do have faith that EA / Respawn will do something. What will be unforgivable is if this exists on PS5!

Message 46 of 59 (1,011 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@SquishyVader Have you see the internal components of the Xbox One, PS4, Xbox Series X, PS5? They are PC’s! These are not the consoles of years ago. These are PC’s with less an option to get into the OS and manipulate files for hacks and cheats. I did the PC gaming for years and will NEVER return to that money pit of having to upgrade motherboards, video cards, processor, memory, sound cards ever couple of year’s to try and stay at a competitive level of frames per seconds (FPS). Not to mention dying to wall hacks, aim bots, god mode, no recoil hacks, radar hacks, and many other hacks available to be hack on a PC OS. So know this. I WILL ALWAYS use a keyboard and mouse on console, which is allowed and NOT a violation of Microsoft’s (Xbox) or Sony’s (PlayStation) TOS (terms of service). So it’s simple, choose what ever controller you want or are better with and I’ll choose mine. I’ve been using a Xim for over 10 years since the original Xim came out for the first Xbox. And it seems Xbox and PlayStations have maintained there need and player base. Choose how you want to play and I’ll choose how I want to play. Enjoy my friend.
Message 47 of 59 (999 Views)

★★★ Pro

The only thing they can and should do is allows native m&k then make separate lobbies. Sure people could still use Emulator and play in controller lobbies. But you'd want to play in native lobbies because you're getting that 1:1 m&k experience. Currently using a emulator on console there's input lag between the devices and users are not getting the same experience as they would on PC. 

So if they able native m&k with separate lobbies you'd plug directly into your console instead of an Emulator and get a better experience. 

Message 48 of 59 (994 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@DankToliet Game manufacturers will never purposely split the player base of any game. When they do that game queue increases, which leads to the sooner death of a game. Guys it’s pretty simple. If you enjoy playing with a controller more then play with a controller. If you enjoy k/m then play with a k/m. If you think your better with one then the other then choose the other. But, don’t blame people because they choose different then you.
Message 49 of 59 (977 Views)

★★★ Pro
@LtHitlis They already do, MW has the option to enable or disable cross play in the options.
Message 50 of 59 (964 Views)