Ingame Kick Voting System?

by Only_a_old_man

Original Post

Ingame Kick Voting System?

★★ Novice

Hi EA / Dice,

why isn't it possible to simple report and vote Cheaters direct in game via the ingame scoreboard? 

Best would be if the players can kickvote the cheater via this scoreboard and if a player gets voted from enough players a additional report to Dice is send out, so his account can be investigated. If then the ingame kick only happened if more than half of all players are voting to kick the cheater, I am sure the false reporting will be very low and the players did not get so frustrated if they have to play against a player who uses a aimbots.

This by the way will be a easy and fast way to find at least the offensive cheater accounts and get them out of the game!

Regards,

Only_a_old_man

Message 1 of 6 (512 Views)

Re: Ingame Kick Voting System?

I like the idea as it would give more credibility to the cheating accusation but, however small, abuse would still be a concern. I can only imagine how many salty players would try to kick a good player on the winning team In custom rooms, it wouldn't really matter since all players are at the mercy of admins anyway.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 2 of 6 (494 Views)

★★ Novice

That is the reason that I wrote more than half of the players, so some of the own team have to vote against the cheater. I am sure that most of player with rank 50 knows the difference between a good player and a cheater using a aimbot. 

Today I encounter a level 19 player, give you a headshoot direct after respawn and have stats above 50 to 1 ,where the next best player in his team had not even reach 10 vs x and if this player kill you and your teammates direct aftwr respawn with headshots from nearly the other site of the map, without using a sniper riffle, I am very sure he uses a aimbot. Even his own teammates tells in chat he is cheating... 

i am still wondering why it takes ea/dice so long to detect such cheaters.

Message 3 of 6 (484 Views)

Community Manager

@Only_a_old_man 

Some rental servers back in previous Battlefield games had plugins to set perimeters such as "50/64" votes to kick X player. This way, you needed a large amount of players on the server to kick someone (including the faction the cheater was on). There were times where this was exceptionally useful in getting rid of obvious cheaters and players exhibiting toxic behavior in chat. 

However....

There were times when legitimate players would be kicked from the server because they were doing "too good." Players would "assume" they were hacking and throw up a vote. You would have the best player on your team getting kicked off. You would have players tossing up other players for vote kicks out of spite and so on. You would see the message constantly pop up in the top right corner throughout the match which was an eye sore. It really took you out of the immersion of the game to focus more on policing at times. To sum it up, it was very open to abuse. 

We hear you loud and clear though on cheating though. The team is committed to improving their anti-cheating efforts and we'll do our best to relay more development around that topic as soon as we hear it. Thank you for the feedback!

Blueberry.png
Message 4 of 6 (412 Views)

★★ Pro

I have to agree with @EA_Blueberry on this one. Even with a large number of players required to vote for kicking a player still leads to abuse of the system. You don´t even have to be crazy good at the game to have this happen to you. In past BF titles I had a couple incidents where I got votekick because I had a really good run in a certain round. So I don´t really miss that system. Moreover when RSP starts there will be many servers with active admins playing and having the ability to kick cheaters. In my opinion that is a better option.

Relating to your first thought, I am on your side. We need an easier way to report cheater ingame. Everytime I want to report a player for a specific behaviour (be it cheating or racism or anything else), I get reminded, that I have to activate Origin in game to be able to do so. However whenever you have any performance problems with the game, the first thing everybody tells you to do, is to deactivate Origin in game, because it can cause problems. So I think we need another way of reporting players right away.

Message 5 of 6 (389 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

I would love to see a Challange when the only goal would be to get so good that your own team gets kicked you. :eahigh_file:

Message 6 of 6 (368 Views)