Information on Solo Mode, SBMM and Cross Progression

by CompleatBeet

Original Post

Re: Information on Solo Mode, SBMM and Cross Progression

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Axs5626Sxa5001Let me preface this with a belief that yes the sbmm needs some work on here. It is very reactive and doesnt weight damage and finish properly.

But I have a question. Do you believe everyone is having experience B? I ask because generally the people complaining about sbmm the most are the highest skilled players in the game. People that can achieve predator or master. That is only .2% of the population of ranked. I agree it would suck to only be in those lobbies, especially if you are at the bottom of them, but if the average player is enjoying the game nothing will happen to the sbmm.

Message 21 of 42 (378 Views)

★ Guide

Solo mode will never be added because casuals will be deterred when they cannot be carried and less casuals means less lootbox sales.

Cross progression will not be added because loot box sales. There, added some truth for ya.

Message 22 of 42 (357 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@hayhor While i agree it could definitely do with some tweaks, i have personally found the argument of SBMM slightly exaggerated.

I would have considered myself at the bottom end of pred as i managed it after a long tedious grind unlike some and while i get sweaty lobbies often (and yes, it's exhausting) i still get easier matches occasionally even after wins so to say you ONLY get sweaty lobbies is simply wrong. Although i tried to solo pred multiple seasons so perhaps i'm just a sucker for punishment and used to it now. Tongue out

This isn't to take away from this point that @Axs5626Sxa5001 makes though..

''SBMM makes it so that some low-skilled players actually win more than some high skilled players. So in this fashion, the matchmaking is seeking equal outcomes''

You should be rewarded for getting better, not punished in the majority of matches which are mentally taxing, often leading to an unenjoyable experience and burning yourself out.

Message 23 of 42 (357 Views)

★ Guide

It won't be added because they want to sell more lootboxes 

Message 24 of 42 (347 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@apostolateofDOOM  schrieb:

You should be rewarded for getting better, not punished in the majority of matches which are mentally taxing, often leading to an unenjoyable experience and burning yourself out.

What you dont realize is that some players DO NOT HAVE ANY CHANCE to get better.

If your reaction is bad, your eyes are bad you can't improve this by training.

It's a physical given thing.

I mean yes you could take some drugs to improve your reflexes or you can get eye surgery idk...

And " then do not play this game" is no real answer to that.

I just wonder why players with 2,5 K/D and 10 kills per match complain about how hard it is...

Thats a joke...

Message 25 of 42 (310 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@Flashshark1980 Those that dominate the lobbies they are in consistently should be moved up a bracket just as those that lose often should be moved down but if you have poor eyesight, bad reflexes or those regular randoms that have the mental capacity of a sad fish then you should lose more often.

sad fish.jpg

If we are having a 100m Olympic race, i don't let you travel half the distance, compete against kids or stick you in a V8 just so you have a better chance of winning.

Message 26 of 42 (299 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@Flashshark1980

“For me option B is the only way to play this game.”

But that’s not entirely true. You had the option to play ranked, which would have done a good job at keeping you in lobbies with people of your skill. Sure you would occasionally run into smurfs, but no more so than right now.

You had the option to primarily play the SBMM mode but you wanted SBMM in the public casual mode also, which totally eliminates the “casual” aspect. Every single engagement is now ultra competitive, especially for people of average skill and above.

I hear you that you want to enjoy the game and win, but is it fair that you’re winning MORE than players who are legitimately more skilled than you? I don’t win 4-5 times a week. In ranked I am diamond but I can’t win more than once a week in ranked or in my pubs. Why? Because the SBMM you love so much has locked me into lobbies with the best players in the world— EVERY match.

You HONESTLY think this is more fair than allowing players to choose to play in an SBMM mode? Shouldn’t I have the option of practicing to get better so I can win more often? SBMM makes it so that you can’t win more consistently, because winning just pits you against even tougher opponents, which results in more losses.

Here is what I think would 100% work best:

Two Modes. An SBMM mode and a non-SBMM mode. Provide players with an incentive to play both (different rewards for both). Players like you can exclusively play the SBMM mode. Players who want to try their luck at playing opponents of all skill levels (random lobbies) can play the non-SBMM mode.
Message 27 of 42 (280 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@apostolateofDOOM  schrieb:

If we are having a 100m Olympic race, i don't let you travel half the distance, compete against kids or stick you in a V8 just so you have a better chance of winning.

Well actually there are the Paralympics which put the athlets into categorys judged by their disability (like foot or leg amputation, bothsided foot or leg amputation, blindness ....).

And if you look into any other sport in the world (tennis, soccer, whatever) there are different leagues the contenders play in.

It's a very common thing in all sports. Even in Boxing you have the different weight classes.

I think thats a great idea!

Message 28 of 42 (241 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Axs5626Sxa5001  schrieb:
@Flashshark1980

Shouldn’t I have the option of practicing to get better so I can win more often?

For me this option does not exist as I allready described!

I can practice for 100 years, my reactions and my sight wont get any better...

Message 29 of 42 (239 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Flashshark1980 SBMM is bad in its current state. My k/d is 1.25 and yet if I cross even a 1000 dmg threshold, the game slams me into 4k/20 bomb lobbies. Just make low tier lobbies for people who are at the lower end of skill tree and put rest in a randomized lobby.
Message 30 of 42 (226 Views)