Re: Information on Matchmaking in Battlefield V: Firestorm

by ChazB1987

Original Post

Information on Matchmaking in Battlefield V: Firestorm

EA DICE Team

Hello Battlefield V: Firestorm players!

As you know, we released Battlefield V: Firestorm on Monday, March 25th, 2019. Since then we’ve been listening to feedback from our players around the globe.
One of the key points we’ve focused on is the matchmaking in specific regions – particularly Brazil, Australia/Oceania, and South Africa.

Matchmaking in Battlefield V: Firestorm requires a certain amount of players to be connecting at the same time to initiate a server. Unfortunately, in some regions with lower player populations, this increases matchmaking time or forces players to connect to pingsites that are more populated.

We are continuing to look at options to improve this situation without having players connect to empty servers, and we’re always listening to your feedback. We’ll keep you posted on any updates or changes as we identify and roll out more solutions.

Thanks and we’ll see you on the battlefield!

The Teams at EA/DICE

(Source)

Message 1 of 9 (2,041 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm starting to hate this Firestorm game mode all of them, I can't get nothing completed. I get shot once landed. And in a game, if I shoot the enemy, the spectate and tell the other team mates where I'm at and get shot. this is the worst game mode i every saw, Apex Legends is another game, I hate that too, can't get nothing in that one either.

Battlefield V, I have been playing this game and other shooter games, but this one is really take a hit on me, being hearing impaired, I can't get anything right and feel I did something good, not really. All the people I have played this game hate it. Single more or squad neither one is helpful, any ideas?

Message 2 of 9 (1,778 Views)

★★ Novice
Come on... I don't know how many people are on the Oceania servers but Im sure there is enough to populate some servers. I would be ok with a longer wait time to get a local server. as would many. Perhaps the issue is with the match making system (because BF has always been so good at match making, cough)
Message 3 of 9 (1,720 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I would of thought so as well.  During matchmaking we get 4 players on the squad waiting then the matchmaking  times out. Rinse and repeat, rinse and repeat.  A server browser would be great for Firestorm so at least you know whether to waste time trying.  Sometimes in OC there will be only 1 multiplayer server but at least you know there is only one. 

Message 4 of 9 (1,661 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
Thank you for listening to the opinions of players around the world. And thanks for the quick response.
Message 5 of 9 (1,643 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I am in Australia and today have managed to join only 2 games in about 4 hours. Yesterday it took nearly 5 hours to join the first server (luckily i have 2 pc's so just kept refreshing the one loaded with BFV)

All I get, and everyone else I talk to is a timed out matchmaking screen even though we have a full squad. Haven't found any Duo servers and only been able to join 1 solo server. You can't tell me there are less that 64 players in the OC region trying to play. That said, if we can never join a game you will lose the player base pretty fast.

Either rent servers like you did for past BF games or fix the issue please.
Message 6 of 9 (1,597 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Thanks for taking this issue seriously, unfortunately it really is a problem, the wait times can sometimes be long true, but im a patient saint! However...high latency is making me have to really lead my shots... like if I turned 180 away from target maybe ill get a hit marker, kidding but it is a shame as I really love the BF franchise.
Message 7 of 9 (1,555 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Least you got a game lol ... have been trying all modes for days and didn't get a one Frown Whats going on guys!? Surely there is enough players in a whooooole country to start a game right??!?
Message 8 of 9 (1,489 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Why is this taking so long to fix?
Message 9 of 9 (1,313 Views)