Ineresting news article on Anthem.

by ChiTownTx

Original Post

Re: Ineresting news article on Anthem.

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@SofaJockeyUK wrote:

@NoInstall wrote:

though it took a month to …… hahahahahahahaha. And it's still not there!!

That's just a good a joke as when you said the game gets better and players get more salty

I'm pleased to bring you joy, but I do think they are both entirely accurate statements. Standard smile

If you think this is how it should be in the games industry or you think this is how it should be, you are part of the problem, not the solution

@Fachverkaeufer wrote:

@ECKHART974 wrote:
Can you guys imagine if they had properly worked on this?

Trying to look for the positive in all that, I believe we will see the game grow overtime like it already has made improvements, slow and painful, but improvements nevertheless.

I bought a product, not a project!

No, you bought a "games as a service" game, and the first one Ive played (that I know of anyways) so to me, "games as a service" means "I got ripped off"

@uk_spawn wrote:
I think they did a great job considering all this. Who knew vidya game industry was a nasty money hungry place to work full of stress and pressure and everything rushed and released early?! - well, everyone knows that. Nothing here really surprised me at all...

In spite of all this, I am still enjoying the game. Maybe that means there is something wrong with me... I don't really care, Im going to play anthem so Bye Standard smile

GL when theres noone in the queues to play with. Im already having that issue with GM3 SHs. Coming into GM3 HoR and youre the only one in the instance over and over.

Message 81 of 120 (247 Views)

@buddahcjcc wrote:

*stuff*

I wish you would take issue with what I said, if you want to do that, not some idea you made up that I didn't.

On Xbox One at least, the main bugs are addressed.

Some remain, but most game launches will have some.

Balance is another matter, that's a choice not a bug.

Each patch made more bugs, but fewer each time than were fixed, so again, things are improving.

No, it shouldn't have been the way it was at launch, that I can agree with. Standard smile

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't work for EA, but I adore BioWare's Mass Effect, Dragon Age & Anthem.
I can be found here on EA Answers HQ and on BSN forums: http://bsn.boards.net
Message 82 of 120 (235 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@SofaJockeyUK wrote:

@NoInstall wrote:

though it took a month to …… hahahahahahahaha. And it's still not there!!

That's just a good a joke as when you said the game gets better and players get more salty

I'm pleased to bring you joy, but I do think they are both entirely accurate statements. Standard smile

By your own admission you admit you are not up to speed on the state of the game (stability) on other platforms so how "accurate" are your statements really?

They may be accurate for you and a number of other players but hardly accurate for people who had or still have issues so are your comments globally relevant?   Not at all!!

Maybe when Bioware get it right you can come back and make factual statements for everyone huh?

Message 83 of 120 (206 Views)

I wont say it ...but...

★★★★★ Apprentice

I told you so.... All of you apologists out there...."your over reacting"...."Your just hating"... 

No, the truth has come out and EVERYTHING that all the upset fans were complaining about, all the conspiracy theories,,,they were all true.

My theory on why the content was drip fed and repetitive,I.e not even having new content ready and barely making it as they go... all true..

The apologists should hang their heads in shame for defending this garbage travesty. It was all based on lies...every bit of it. BioWare... you should be ashamed. I'm only happy I didn't waste my money on this.The best thing EA could of done was put this on their vault for people to try. Thanks for that EA. Saved me 45$.

Message 84 of 120 (276 Views)

Re: OMG...This is Very Sad...

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@MaireDevylin wrote:

Everything I've ever heard about EA is that they are a nightmare to work for.

They got voted worst company two years in a row.  Worst out of everybody.   That's pretty messed up...and they still didn't learn anything with all their followup microtransactions and lootboxes.  EA used to make really good games in the 90s.

Message 85 of 120 (189 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@frauzet wrote:

@IRDaWinrar wrote:

Wait, I thought everyone thought that kotaku sucks? Why do their opinion suddenly matter? Is it because it helps people leverage their unruly demands?

I don't really care what happens behind the scenes. As long as the game is enjoyable to me. It's like expecting me to stop eating chic fil a just because their lead dislikes gays.

Anthem 2019-02-17 20-05-27-84.jpg

I assume everybody thought this guy sucks. Still, a lot of people would probably listen to him if he talked about someone they disliked.

He vanished after the story ended.  (shrug)

Message 86 of 120 (189 Views)

Re: I wont say it ...but...

★★★★ Guide

But, you just said it...

Message 87 of 120 (242 Views)

★★★ Guide
im sorry but I will defend the developers until my last breath. I will not defend EA who is the reason * went sideways.
Message 88 of 120 (239 Views)

★★ Guide

I don’t see what people are complaining about. It’s an amazing game. Most fun I’ve had in a long time.

Anthem has completely killed my interest in Division 2 or any other game for that matter.

i don’t know. Gamers aren’t into fun anymore. That’s the only conclusion I can make. Gamers want an alt life that is about loot or some bullsh*t thing but they just aren’t into having fun I guess. 

Message 89 of 120 (229 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

I've been thinking about that article / BioWare reply quite a bit today. I can't help but wonder about all the people who criticize the games industry and turn hate into entertainment. I wonder if they have ever taken on a task as large as being responsible for making a game or anything creative for that matter. I wonder how they would respond to someone basically doing a hit-job on their work. Digging into their work process and using anonymous sources to paint a broken narrative.

Do people really need to be told what to like and what not to like and why? And, do we really need someone who has never made anything culturally significant doing the telling? I don't know. But, I do know that folks like Casey Hudson, Mike Gamble and Mark Darrah have made things that gave me so much enjoyment that I remember them 10 years later. As a creative professional, I will always give other proven creative professionals the benefit of the doubt. As with Mass Effect Andromeda, "the internet" can beat on Anthem as much as it wants - I'll be quietly playing it, while I'm waiting for Dragon Age 4.

Message 90 of 120 (173 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help