Re: Increse vehicles again, cuz AT AA Spam

by Psychopski

Original Post

Champion

@CPT_GASLIGHT wrote:

You know this was the case in BF4? 2 jets and 2 helis for a team of 32. Double that for 128 players.

@CPT_GASLIGHT 

Sure, but BF2042's overall vehicle/weapons balance, gameplay, map design etc. etc. are WORLD'S apart from BF4's.

The armored AA in BF4 was an actual threat to aircraft, the Wildcat is almost certain death BF2042. BF4 also had effective handheld AA, static AA, and the .50cal mounted machine-guns actually did REAL damage to aircraft where-as in BF2042 we have none of those. Matter of fact if you use the vehicle-mounted machine-guns or the mini-guns basically all you're doing is alerting the aircraft to the location of their next target.

No comparison between the two.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 21 of 35 (342 Views)

★★★ Guide

@Ironhead841 wrote:

@CPT_GASLIGHT wrote:

You know this was the case in BF4? 2 jets and 2 helis for a team of 32. Double that for 128 players.

@CPT_GASLIGHT 

Sure, but BF2042's overall vehicle/weapons balance, gameplay, map design etc. etc. are WORLD'S apart from BF4's.

The armored AA in BF4 was an actual threat to aircraft, the Wildcat is almost certain death BF2042. BF4 also had effective handheld AA, static AA, and the .50cal mounted machine-guns actually did REAL damage to aircraft where-as in BF2042 we have none of those. Matter of fact if you use the vehicle-mounted machine-guns or the mini-guns basically all you're doing is alerting the aircraft to the location of their next target.

No comparison between the two.

Give me a break. There are plenty of maps with terrible cover in BF4. It wasn’t the perfect game you guys have deluded yourself into believing.

Message 22 of 35 (318 Views)

Champion

@CPT_GASLIGHT wrote:

@Ironhead841 wrote:

@CPT_GASLIGHT wrote:

@CPT_GASLIGHT 

Give me a break. There are plenty of maps with terrible cover in BF4. It wasn’t the perfect game you guys have deluded yourself into believing.

LOL easy there Tiger YOU were the one who made the original BF4 comparisons not me.

I never said BF4 was perfect, but just for the record it is a better more polished, complete game with WAY more content than this game is probably ever going to be Wink

Message 23 of 35 (309 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@Ironhead841 wrote:

@CPT_GASLIGHT wrote:

@Ironhead841 wrote:

@CPT_GASLIGHT wrote:

@CPT_GASLIGHT 

LOL easy there Tiger YOU were the one who made the original BF4 comparisons not me.

I never said BF4 was perfect, but just for the record it is a better more polished, complete game with WAY more content than this game is probably ever going to be Wink

Vehicles were way stronger in BF4 I don’t know what you are thinking? Tanks and Helis had thermals. Attack heli had a TV missile. Jets had cannons that could target infantry. LAVs and tanks had APS. They were way stronger. You’re being blatantly revisionist. With the exception of the Hind/condor, the air vehicles are weak compared to 4. Honestly if you’re being farmed by a nightbird, you’re just bad.

Message 24 of 35 (299 Views)

★★ Novice

I definitely agree and we need a separate section for jets and helicopter since only one attack air vehicle isn't enough. The air combat feels empty  every battle pretty much is infantry based with some vehicles. If it's 128 players there should be more vehicles to use since there is enough infantry to destroy/us them; previous BattleField titles incorporated more diverse vehicular combat even with just 64 and 32 players. With more vehicles on proper categories there would enough for players to use and rank them up instead waiting for one vehicle that 64 other team mates also want to use.

Message 25 of 35 (295 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert
@CPT_GASLIGHTThere was also a lot more ways to defeat tanks, as @Ironhead841 pointed out it was balanced enough you could have that many vehicles. Doubling likely won’t work, that would be too many farmers. Moderation usually works, so a third more vehicles, with added ways to kill them (such as stationeries / TOW) and you’ve got yourself a game. There is zero comparison to the mobile AA between 4 and 2042. 4 was a train wreck when it started, I almost quit numerous times, but within less time than 2042, they’d figured it out. The range of AA is too restricted, the AA missiles are total garbage. I was top 1% on AA in 4, I love AA, yet I can’t even be bothered with the Wildcat.
Message 26 of 35 (267 Views)

Champion

@CPT_GASLIGHT wrote:

Vehicles were way stronger in BF4 I don’t know what you are thinking? Tanks and Helis had thermals. Attack heli had a TV missile. Jets had cannons that could target infantry. LAVs and tanks had APS. They were way stronger. You’re being blatantly revisionist. With the exception of the Hind/condor, the air vehicles are weak compared to 4. Honestly if you’re being farmed by a nightbird, you’re just bad.

@CPT_GASLIGHT 

I still play BF4, actually more than BF2042, it's not revisionist to say BF4 has better vehicle balance. There is a counter to virtually any vehicle in BF4, thermals, TV missiles and stuff like that don't bother me in the slightest either and I mainly play as infantry.

As to the nightbird, prior to that one patch that moved it to the attack slot it was farming infantry regularly so I guess everybody must be pretty bad and need to "get gud" eh? Ignoring flaws in vehicle balance and making specious arguments like "If you're getting farmed by a nightbird, you're just bad" isn't going win any arguments on the matter.

And for the record I'm not anti-vehicle, actually I'd like to see the AA and tanks buffed a bit as well as the jets be more effective vs. other aircraft. I think lowering the ceiling for helicopters and leaving it static for jets would be a positive change as well as removing the AGM in favor of AA. Add a ground support anti-vehicle aircraft like the A10 for dealing with ground forces just don't overdo it when they do. 

Everything needs a counter-balance, cause if it's not it'll just drive more people away.

Message 27 of 35 (248 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@CPT_GASLIGHTdon’t forget BF4 Engineers could place up to 6 land mines, or place AA mines as well as carry AT or AA.

Message 28 of 35 (230 Views)

Betreff: Increse vehicles again, cuz AT AA Spam

★ Pro
@RickLionsHeart42 yeah no fun anymore to use tanks for example...
you rarely see ANY bolte out there als anymore, cause it get killed so quickly.
but it's more due to liz rocket launcher has destroyed the balancing between anti vehicle stuff and vehicles...
some more anti vehicle is good and was necessary but it has became a joke sometimes, you get in a tank, it takes 5sec and you're down
Message 29 of 35 (202 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@SleepyWeasel68 wrote:

@RickLionsHeart42Spam? Then my job here is complete. I’ve made it my mission to ruin the gameplay of infantry farmers. If I don’t kill you with AA, you’re definitely going to fly away.

same here.  i've started running Rao a lot more specifically to mess with transport pilots.  i keep hacking them as soon as firewall is down if they are near the objective (i play breakthrough).  usually (even with good pilots) what happens is after a few min they get frustrated and start taking more chances and then either i or someone else shoots them down.

to transport pilots:  just know that i get more entertainment out of messing with you and stopping your farming than i do running and gunning.  i have NO problem playing an entire game with the specific mission of making your life difficult.  if you kill me i will just be back doing the same thing 10 seconds later. 

to anyone who uses those transports as a spawn point or a way to get on the objective:  if i hack the transport you are spotted so you aren't sneaking up on the objective that way (and if you parachute in from a long way out i will hack YOU and then you will be spotted if you make it to the ground alive)

Message 30 of 35 (191 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help