Incorrectly Banned Account

by TheDarkTemplar

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Incorrectly Banned Account

★★ Novice

My account has been banned since 1-31-2021. I have no idea what got me banned and I have submitted multiple cases but no one has ever contacted me and they keep closing the cases with no response.

I don't cheat or disconnect on purpose and really do enjoy Apex. If this was a free game I haven't spent money on, I might care less but I've spent hundreds to unlock items and feel like this extremely unfair.

Please help!

Message 1 of 12 (494 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Incorrectly Banned Account

Community Manager

Hey @TheDarkTemplar,

The Terms of Service (TOS) team that reviews any account actions like this is currently taking a bit longer than normal to get through the cases due to a high volume, but this has definitely been quite a long wait in particular so I did take a look to see what was up.

It looks like one of the earliest cases you had opened was sent up to the TOS team to be reviewed, but from what I'm seeing that same case was later resumed. If you resume a case that's been sent to the TOS queue, that will remove it from their queue which can delay the process.

Typically in these situations I would recommend opening a brand new case if you're trying to check on the status of a previously submitted appeal, just to avoid any potential delays by removing a case that's already been sent to our TOS team.

In this case I do see one of the more recent messages you sent in was put back in the TOS queue. That's in the right spot now so you will hear back once they get to it, but definitely be sure not to resume your currently open case to prevent any additional delays.

Hopefully that helps clarify why this one has been a bit longer than most, I do appreciate the patience.

Mako.png

View in thread

Message 11 of 12 (478 Views)

All Replies

@TheDarkTemplar When did you submit your last ticket?

Have you received any emails denying any of the appeals? You really only want to submit 1 ticket and wait for that ticket to be reviewed, if they deny the appeal and close it. That's when you submit a second ticket.

You should have received an email/communication by now. Is there any chance you might have missed it? Check your spam/junk folder. If there is nothing there and you can't find any communication let me know and I'll flag the thread for a CM

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 12 (489 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Bro, you're not gonna get any help from these EA clowns. Guarantee you, someone from EA will come on and tell you to fill out TOS forms and appeal. Like they don't even read your post where you said you've "submitted multiple cases". It's just a copy-paste they do. I'm in the same boat as you, and so are a bunch of other people. The issue I have is that we put money into the game and the most they'll do for you is send you an email from a template that someone wrote up while watching keeping up with the Kardashians telling you that there's nothing they can do for you.

Message 3 of 12 (483 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks @DarthValtrex! I got super impatient at the beginning and tried a couple different channels but now I am doing the single ticket. And I looked, zero correspondence from EA which is super frustrating!

Message 4 of 12 (478 Views)

★★ Novice
@RichBoiLarry Yea...I'm thinking you're right but that customer service mentality is super poor and very disparaging.
Message 5 of 12 (477 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@TheDarkTemplar sorry if that was a little too much. Just my thoughts at the time
Message 6 of 12 (474 Views)

[ Edited ]

@TheDarkTemplar Have you tried logging in and viewing the ticket? Just to see if there i has been any activity. And I get it, it would suck if I lost my account. I'm a huge gamer, it's my entertainment. I don't have TV subscriptions or anything like that. So I completely get having gaming withdrawals especially when you really want to be in match shredding people.

If I could do more I would, but I'm not an employee. Simply a volunteer so I don't have access to any account specific information or any of that.

@RichBoiLarry Not true, I have a general idea of what the response times are based off of what other players have told me. If someone has waited that long and not received a response I flag it for a CM. So that there is an escalation on it. I keep an eye on the threads and tell people to tag me at the 2 month marker on the appeal. There was one case in which a player claimed to have waited 3 months, but they missed communication from the TOS team some how. It was resolved shortly after they tagged me and I could bring it to the attention of CM.

The reason I ask for for an idea of when the ticket was submitted is so I can gauge how long they have been waiting. 

Now when it comes to the "my account was banned what do I do?" I do use a macro on those responses. Simply because my response is going to be the same, they have to submit an appeal as the first step. I still read their thread to make sure I'm not missing any details or other questions. 

Message 7 of 12 (471 Views)

★★ Novice
@DarthValtrex I've opened up the current and past cases and only see the response "Once you've submitted your case to us, only our advisors can delete attachments from it. Want to have them deleted? Contact us for help."

I haven't seen activity anywhere; can I look elsewhere for updates?
Message 8 of 12 (455 Views)

[ Edited ]

@TheDarkTemplar I believe that's where all there all responses/actions taken would be. Now it's just a matter of waiting for them to process the appeals that are ahead of you. Once that happens and you're ticket is next someone will review it. I might ask a CM about yours because you submitted yours in January and that seems to be an exceptionally long wait time.

Message 9 of 12 (445 Views)

★★ Novice
@DarthValtrex That would be great! Fingers crossed it helps!
Message 10 of 12 (419 Views)