Incorrect ban, no response

by KrMees

Original Post

Incorrect ban, no response

★★★★ Novice

Hey people,

I'd like to know if anybody else has had this experience. A while ago my Apex account was suddenly banned. I have no idea why, I'm a mediocre player, I haven't dont much interesting in-game. I never leave games and I don't have any software installed that could interfere with the game or give me an advantage. I've always played on my main account with friends who also play on their main accounts. I rarely use voice chat since I always play with friends on TeamSpeak and haven't been toxic in-game at all.

I've sent a support ticket, but after 3 weeks I have had no response. Some readers might not believe me, but I truly don't know why EA could have banned me. if I have done something wrong, I'd like to know that. I'll take responsibility if I did anything wrong, even if I didn't intend to. My hardware and my gameplay is my responsibility. I just want to know what went wrong. My friends are extremely confused by this as well, a couple have stopped playing because of my ban and all of them are afraid of getting randomly banned as well.

If EA doesn't respond to the support ticket they ask you to fill in, what are other ways to contact EA about the details of a ban? If it was indeed an unfair ban, I'd like to get it fixed. If I did something wrong, I'd like to know how to prevent these mistakes in the future. Any advice - from forum members or EA staff - would be appreciated.

-KrMees-

Message 1 of 22 (1,272 Views)

Re: Incorrect ban, no response

★ Novice
@KrMees Literally same, I have been banned last month for seemingly no reason at all where it mentioned that I "cheated" when I have never done anything of the sort, I opened a ticket at the 7th of February and still no response, it mentioned it may take 14 days but it has been more than that already, I don't want to create a new account because I've already put money on this crap, just want my account back.
Message 2 of 22 (1,252 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @KrMees,

If you have sent in a support ticket, you will definitely be receiving a reply. Our Terms of Service (TOS) team that reviews all account actions such as this one is a bit behind currently so it is taking longer than they'd normally like to respond, however I do see see your case is still in their queue and should receive a reply via email as soon as they finish the investigation.

While I can't speak to any particular details about their findings, one thing I would definitely suggest is making sure your account has been secured. In some cases these bans can be applied if someone else gains access to the account and there's been activity from them, so making doubly sure you're the only one able to get into the account can help out. 

As to the specifics for your situation though, I'm afraid waiting for a reply from the TOS team will be the next step here. One should be forthcoming, though I don't have a specific ETA.

@Nelinhe 

In this case while the same information applies, I do see you had recently resumed the case that was sent up to our TOS team. That can pull it out of their queue and delay their investigation, so please open a new case to have an advisor place that back in the appropriate queue for you. 

If you're ever looking for a status update, just be sure to open a completely new, separate case rather than resuming a prior case to avoid further delays.

Thanks for the patience in the meantime here!

Mako.png
Message 3 of 22 (1,232 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thanks for the reply, Mako.

Just in case I don't get a response soon, at what point do I need to contact EA in another way, and how? What's a reasonable waiting period, after the 14 days EA specifies when submitting a ticket?

I haven't been able te see any unauthorized activity on my account, but I must say I couldn't find a clear login history on my EA profile like the ways Valve or Blizzard provide this information on their platforms. If I can find my login history somewhere, I'd love to know.

-KrMees-

Message 4 of 22 (1,221 Views)

Community Manager

@KrMees You should be able to view a list of trusted devices here. Though that's not going to display each individual login, that would be what's available on your own profile.

As far as reaching back out to support, you're welcome to reach out to an advisor using the same method as before . There wouldn't be an alternative method as they would simply be checking to make sure that case was previously escalated up to our TOS team for review.

Just be sure that as mentioned in the last post, you're creating a brand new case to do this and simply referencing the prior case number so as not to remove that previously escalated case from the queue. 

That said, as your case is in the correct queue, really the only information an advisor would be able to provide is that it is in the right spot for our TOS team to review. Cases do not time out or expire so it would just be a matter of the TOS team getting to your place in line essentially. I realize you've already been waiting quite a while beyond that typical window but really don't have any more clear timeframe at this point I'm afraid, sorry.

You can keep an eye on your case history here which will update once they've completed the review, if you don't see their reply via email first.

Mako.png
Message 5 of 22 (1,211 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Well, I still haven't heard anything. My case history remains stuck on 'in progress' since february 15th.

In case anybody has the same issue as me, let me tell you what will happen: If you are unfairly banned, you will receive no explanation and no reply to your email, at least not for the first 3 weeks. I'll update if I ever hear from EA, but if you are banned without any reason, get ready to accept that EA has stolen any money you put in to the game and that your account is gone because EA said so. You could make a new free account to play Apex, but I recommend not purchasing anything, since you might lose it all for no reason. Apex is kind of fun for free, but please keep your money in your pockets.

If any community manager would like to fix this, I'd love to see that, but to be honest I've lost my faith in EA customer support.

Message 6 of 22 (1,101 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Nelinhe Same here, putted money to the game that I can't play. How not to be mad about that.
Message 7 of 22 (1,068 Views)

Hero
@LeBarmalei To be fair with everyone on this post this has happen to. There are quite few features that someone could of done in 30 seconds to fully secure the account.

The system did exactly what its designed to do. Banned a cheater. Even if it wasnt you then chances are the account was compromised due to not having any security set up other then a simple password. So who ever did get into your account was banned for cheating. Aka system doing its job properly.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 8 of 22 (1,062 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@E9ine_AC Still, why someone needs to steal an account to cheating in free game?
Message 9 of 22 (1,057 Views)

Hero
@LeBarmalei account is already past level 10 account level will also play a part as if someone has a ton kills and is cheater or easy access account to easily boost someone. They instantly think ok this dude has this many kills or is this level he is just cracked. A higher level account will help mask them little longer verse being on a new account.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 10 of 22 (1,048 Views)