Re: Inclusive and universal badges

by Koochi-Q

Original Post

Inclusive and universal badges

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

We've had the BLM, #noasianhate and LGBTQ badges but some of these are either questionable to support for various reasons or as others have said, they don't think they should be a part of a video game to escape from real world problems.

Some of the issues i have with them have already been brought up but i'll paste the link to one of my replies here for clarification and if you think i'm wrong on anything then i'm more than happy to have a rational discussion (both publicly or privately).

Re: A political agenda in the name of correctness and goodness of the La La Land - Page 2 - Answer H...

As private entities, EA/Respawn reserve the right to show solidarity to whatever causes they wish but with only highlighting minority groups which have received backlash every single time, for various reasons, i thought it might be worth pursuing a united badge that includes (or sounds like it includes) everyone and is pretty much universal that everyone can get behind without many issues.  Feel free to add your own...

#No2racism 

#NooneLeftBehind or #UnitedWeStand (various causes this could fit into)

Ect...

Message 1 of 21 (473 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@apostolateofDOOM The problem with that is, that’s been around for as long as time... in some way or another but it’s always been a lie.

There’s always a ‘superior party’. Even in the olden times. Royalty and wealthy over peasants in greek/roman era. Healthy, literate, scholared and rich over peasants in the dark ages. Man over women just in the last century even.

Nowadays you see ‘everybody’s equal’ but we all know that’s a joke. The wealthy, connected or powerful still are ‘above’ the commonplace which is highlighted by the judicial system. They can buy, bribe or bully their way out of certain things or get a lesser sentence where the commonplace would not. Men still receive bigger paychecks for doing the same work as females in lots of places. Heck, even the money distribution is messed up. The 1% of the world is richer than the 99% xD. If that ain’t the biggest example I don’t know what is.

And that’s why you have ‘minority groups (I’ll explain the parentheses)’ fighting for their rights. Women... yea if we divide men and women you’ll basically have a 50-50 on each side or roughly I guess but they’re still a minority group due to the way they’re treated even tho that doesn’t classify them as a minority group.

Actual minority groups which are fighting for equal rights, power to them, but there are always bad apples in the group and peer pressure is a heck of a thing so it just takes 1 spark and it can set everything ablaze. Just look at BLM movement. It started as something good and ended up with individuals going crazy (with presumed power) and doing things which go against the movement but still claim it’s for the cause... kind of like how feminism was started to empower women and go for equal rights but some women see equal rights as ‘women are above men and as such we want better rights than men, also due in part of the centuries we were seen as lesser individuals’.

There’s also ‘superior white males’ movements which they see as a ‘minority group’ <— I think this example explains itself why I used the parentheses and said I’d explain earlier right? xD The ‘Pointy cloakers’ for one and now those gamers who want a ‘pure white male they can identify with’ or else they won’t play a game and they say it has nothing to do with racism xD.

So yea, thats why an all-inclusive thing won’t happen anytime soon cause I can guarantee, within the shortest amount of time there will be those that will promote their ideologies whether it be the ‘not-so-feminist’ or the ‘keep-it-purist’... and ruin the whole thing.

PS: Everybody is welcome to the church of DOOM. All you need is bloodlust 😜 (to end on a lighter note)
Message 2 of 21 (441 Views)

Champion

Coulda just narrowed it down to a "human equality" badge.

Although I guess if you identify as a chair or something this would still be exclusive. xD

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 3 of 21 (434 Views)

★★★ Pro
@apostolateofDOOM Those badges are not ganna work. Because there is a trend by all corporations, it is not really for the cause just follow the trend. I suggest Drop this, none of them really cares. I got almost perma banned for talking about this lol.

Anyway, Indian players have been asking for Servers, what happened? Asia got the most awful servers, what's the response? We don't have a single East EU server, why? I want community to press for these issues. These talks actually help EA/Respawn from actual issues we have.
PS: I want to show 6 badges for next season, I got some interesting badges on my Wraith, want to be able to show more than just 3.
Message 4 of 21 (433 Views)

★★★ Pro
@Koochi-Q I just started play Doom 2016, I love joining Church Of Doom, being a Doom Slayer is super fun lol
Message 5 of 21 (432 Views)

Champion

@WreckingVi  Rip and tear my dude, rip and tear.

Message 6 of 21 (420 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@WreckingViWe Brothers of Doom can never ascend to The One’s status. The only thing we can do is play the disembodied version of him and hope he blesses us in real life with His Presence.

Rip and Tear, hail DOOMSLAYER.

@MandatoryIDtagexactly. I didn’t even want to touch on that subject cause mine was laced with detailed examples that conveyed the message while already being a thorough read. Any more and it’d become a koochi scripture.

...with those random ppl who see their inanimate never-lived object as having as much right as a human and wanting others to acknowledge that as well... there’s a line to crazy... but that’s not where I draw it! xD I understand them!!! xD

Message 7 of 21 (402 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Koochi-Q  It's just such a delicate subject, which is really hard to debate without somebody getting offended.

I think the bottom line is game developers SHOULD encourage inclusivity, whether it be by badges or game content. However i don't feel that doing it by focusing on singular groups is the right approach , as if anything this mentality just solidifies differences and runs the risk of further marginalising people. 

Or at least that's my take on it, so in summary I'm in agreement with the OP.

Message 8 of 21 (386 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@MandatoryIDtag Everything nowadays is. I liked it better when I was a wee lass in the 60’s... No internet, no fooling, just hard work.

I’m in agreement and disagreement. I support the message for everyone should feel equal to one another, but the medium on which it’s presented should not be this game cause we’ve seen it in the past. As soon as a group is put on a pedestal, an individual or another group is feeling left out. This will of course always happen, but being that this is a game, the point really gets put on blast if that left out group is big or vocal, whereas if this would’ve been done on lets say the news, you’d have less say in the matter cause the message was conveyed and passed.
Message 9 of 21 (368 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Koochi-Q  I think the reason I'm personally for it is quite simple. If you show something to be the norm( in this case human diversity) people are more accepting of it, it's all about education though.

I can see totally see why this is such a point of contention though, it's a subject matter that should be taught at home and schools first and foremost. As let's face it, most people's viewpoints are formed from their environment e.g home, schools, places of worship etc.

People generally fear what they don't understand, and fear breeds contempt. By creating an environment where inclusive thinking is celebrated as opposed to criticised is how we achieve true equality I guess.

Message 10 of 21 (362 Views)