Re: Incentivize winning

by SheepsKing

Original Post

★★★★ Pro
@7cyanide

No, I’m asking you (hypothetically), should they reduce the incentive to win as it is right now? I ask that because you’re linking incentive to win to the prevalence of cheating.

Regarding “incentive to win”, we have three options:

A) Increase the incentive to win
B) Decrease the incentive to win
C) Leave the incentive as is

Which would be healthiest for the game in your opinion?
Message 11 of 22 (348 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@Axs5626Sxa5001 C

"I’m asking you (hypothetically), should they reduce the incentive to win as it is right now?"
"B) Decrease the incentive to win"
You keep saying this.

How would Respawn reduce the incentive further? Or decrease the incentive?
What does that mean?
Message 12 of 22 (338 Views)

Champion

@7cyanide  They could remove all stat trackers I guess?

Less people would move towards cheating if they've got nothing to flex, excluding diehard cheaters and full time trolls.

Doubt that'd make much of a difference though.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 13 of 22 (311 Views)

★ Guide

I don't think thats a legit solution. The thing with leavers is that they're leaving because they think that the game has already been lost for them. The incentive to win is inherent to the game. No one plays Apex because they're trying to lose, right?

Message 14 of 22 (299 Views)

★★ Pro
@Cheese9Man i want a diamond sky trail for not leaving pubs and if i do then i lose my diamond trail for a while till i earn it back.
Message 15 of 22 (286 Views)

Champion
@SheepsKing Are you sure? I mean it certainly seems like lots of people play it to lose.
Message 16 of 22 (276 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Expert

@SheepsKingMost leavers leave because they think game is lost and others leave because of the horrible respawn system. They need to try and change the respawn system and see how it affects leavers.

Message 17 of 22 (270 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@7cyanide

“Reduce incentive.”
Take away stat trackers and take away experience points and remove levels.

Many level 500 players already feel a reduction in incentive to win or play because nothing is gained in pubs at that point. That’s why I personally wouldn’t pick C. I am all for rewarding people for sweating; the existence of cheaters isn’t going to change my stance on that.

And I’m not even specifically suggesting that free packs be given for winning. Maybe they can increase the level cap. Something. Give people something to grind towards. 

Message 18 of 22 (259 Views)

★ Guide

@Daze623 I mean, even if you think the respawn system is horrible, it's made to be fair right? They're definitely past the point of revamping respawn beacons, but is there some way that you suggest they improve the system?

Im pretty sure that leaving is not the game's fault here. It's just gamers being impatient after losing

Message 19 of 22 (232 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@Axs5626Sxa5001
I see. Well, taking a player's cosmetics that is not theirs to begin with, essentially, is necessary and just. It would be a way to say, "you are ruining sh** way too much, can you just play the game?" and the response, "Nah! I will take another acct! Make another acct! I have a free vpn, lol hahaa" so.. you see again the disfunction in a player's repeated action. Slap on the wrist, still screwing up the entire game with no remorse. Rather 'fit in' then be themselves.

I don't really play it this way, uninstalled for now, enjoy that game state. Cheaters succeeded again! Stonewall all other players, only play with cheaters.

Why play a stressful version of a game that could be so much more enjoyable? It's made by the players. My point to you is the same, is that the lootbox won't satisfy your little fix, you'll still feel like you lost the match when you won, cause cheaters aren't playing the game. Literally turning the screen so it can shoot for them. with EZ throw nades and 'if  I don't  look at their boxes, they won't look at my box.. duhh' God.. what a way to play an FPS. Why do I ramble about cheaters to you, cheeseman, hayhor, and mr-griddlex or whatever his name is? Cause... sus asf. Simple. Stand out like sore thumb. You have 50 characters in your name.

It would've been an extra reward on the Win if the game was in a better state. A bigger incentive to Win, higher ranked rewards, etc. but that just isn't tackling a major problem first. Maybe one that is too out of control, due to these players. If you want it this way, enjoy Apex this way, cause it's not good.

oh right, lv 500 cap increase.. yea good idea

so you  can go back on your main acct and sweat to level 600, now that cheaters are sussed out.. after stepping on and spitting on respawn's game; not yours, mine, or anyone else's.

predictable and boring tbh.. how many accts these people have? good god

Message 20 of 22 (215 Views)