In what world is Loba at all better than Pathfinder?

by Mad_Dog8762

Original Post

In what world is Loba at all better than Pathfinder?

★ Guide

So ive been trying to use Loba for a few days now

And im seriously NOT impressed

People claimed that her tactical would be better than pathfinders (since his nerf)
And that's simply not true

Any attempt to use Loba's tactical against an enemy paying attention is straight suicide, as not only do you mark where you come out

But you cant do anything for a good second when you come out as well

It feels every time I try to apply the tactical, im just signing my own death warrant

Her tactical is handy, for positioning, sure

But for flanks, and rapid combat, not at all

Message 1 of 23 (673 Views)

Re: In what world is Loba at all better than Pathfinder?

★★ Pro
Completely agree with this, but the thing is, her tactical was never meant to be a pathfinder grapple replacement, but rather a handy positioning tool. Not meant to be used mid firefight.

Unless you're in Bronze. Then you can do that all you want.
Message 2 of 23 (661 Views)

★★ Expert
@Mad_Dog8762 Being nitpicky, the ult is better at looting and support, I guess.
Message 3 of 23 (648 Views)

★★★ Expert

@CrazyPlays54 wrote:
Completely agree with this, but the thing is, her tactical was never meant to be a pathfinder grapple replacement, but rather a handy positioning tool. Not meant to be used mid firefight.

Unless you're in Bronze. Then you can do that all you want.

Wrong sir!

Her tactical is to get to the next POI before your teammates and snatch up all the purple and gold stuff before the nobs get their hands on it.

Message 4 of 23 (640 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@Mad_Dog8762 The true potential of Loba is around buildings IMO. Pathfinder will always be better than Loba in terms of mobility, he has more speed and his zip line makes it possible to reposition the whole squad quickly(mobility for the whole team). It's funny how many people now say Pathfinder is inferior to Loba after the nerf. 

Loba's tactical has its usage. You can't push a squad head-on cuz her tactical leaves her vulnerable if she is in line of sight. However, if used in the right way around cover you can pull off some amazing flanks tbh.

The last 3 squads left, it's a third party fest. One squad goes down, my teammate is dead, I am on 70 hp and one guy is alive with full health(gold shield). I scurry inside a building with the Wraith trying to push me, close the door behind me, and use a battery. The Wraith takes out her thermite and as soon as she backs out to throw I open the gate and manage to do around 50 dmg or so. She runs away behind the building to heal, but there is thermite on the door so I throw my bracelet quickly outside and push her aggressively. She had just completed her cell recharge, but she didn't expect me to push with that thermite on the door. No other legend could have done that. I beat her with the element of surprise on my side and clutch the game. Flank and rapid combat in a nutshell. Standard smile 

Message 5 of 23 (591 Views)

@Wingmannedbro Yup, there are some really toxic loba mains in the game right now. I've actually quit playing with a few friends because Loba has turned them into loot goblins.

That aside her abilities are not OP as people suggest.

The biggest issue for me right now is lag related. Apex was unplayable tonight. Looting was difficult and slow, climbing buildings was a nightmare. Then there are the hit registrations issues. Here is another lag related issue I'm having, I was 2 shot by a longbow tonight. I did not know I had been shot until the second shot was already fired. I had 0 time to respond or do anything.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 6 of 23 (561 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@Mad_Dog8762 Path has better tactical, better ult and better hit-box... his only drawback is low-profile... poor things.
Message 7 of 23 (529 Views)

★ Expert
@Mad_Dog8762 Honestly I can't understand why people keep comparing Loba to Pathfinder. The only same thing they do is that they both have a mobility tactical ability and even then it's different mechanic one is teleport and the other is grappling. It's like comparing Bloodhound to Crypto just because their tactic gives vision. It just doesn't make sense.
Message 8 of 23 (516 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Daze623 Pathfinder mains are mad so they are grasping at straws. Desperate times, desperate measures lol
Message 9 of 23 (455 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

If you think Pathfinder is better than loba at anything other than the fact that he has a zipline then you're just not playing loba to her full potential there's definitely a learning curve and anyone who says otherwise is fooling themselves

Message 10 of 23 (436 Views)