In-game Chat Filter Feedback.

by flyinghorse101

Original Post

Re: New chat filter is idiotic

EA DICE Team
@CrazyMerlin1509 We do but there are a lot of words around the world that being looked at.

@HolyDonkey Lets take a step down shall we and relax. Feedback regarding this is being looked at by the teams.

/Atic
Message 31 of 498 (1,765 Views)

★ Apprentice

@EA_Atic Feedback is the way it is because of all the other issues we've had to deal with over the last year.

I personally love playing the game, when it works and there are no script-kiddies in the server. I've had a number of games that had great fun rhetoric between the teams, and really acceptable losses. But they are few and far between, this game makes you angry because of the constant issues, but at least we should be able to vent about it.

We have soldiers running around cussing, but the players can't? What is the logic behind that?

We murder each other with all kinds of items, but we can tell each other to * off? That just makes no sense.

What is the audience these restrictions are aimed at? This is an adult war game!

There is absolutely no need to have any censorship other than sexual or racial, and it truly is censorship and not moderation.

"We", the community are really frustrated.

Message 32 of 498 (1,746 Views)

★★★ Expert
@CrazyMerlin1509 BFV is not really an adult game as rating is 16 years, but I agree on the fact there is censorship. To be honest I had this by the start of the game.
Good to know , there is a way to report players on harassment as well. I'm sure chats are logged so a team can view this and place action when someone is totally out of books. An other methode can be the vote kick system.
2 years later I accepted and are used with some words censored. In real life I'm against it and see more censor in media, Europe, US, and even youtube taking opinion makers offline. But let's stay on topic.
As this is a game I have accepted that part. But I would love to rethink this in any other game which will be launched in the future. Anyway people are creative so I see all kind of "rude" language spelled in a way it comes true. Hence as well the point, besides some discrimination words and what you can find from investigation of chat, it would be great just to keep it to a minimum. I'm perhaps from an older generation, not sure how the age of 16-20 thinking about this?
Message 33 of 498 (1,709 Views)

Re: Cant type in chat

★★★ Expert

Can you record a video or post a screenshot. 

Or can you type but see ****** ? 

In case of ***** see https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/Freedom-of-speech-in-chat-A-war-game-which-blocks-the-w...

Message 34 of 498 (1,685 Views)

★ Apprentice
@flyinghorse101 I have found out that my gamer tag -1xThugx1- is offensive for some reason to the chat filter. If I change the T to a 7 I can use the chat. Been using xThugx since BF1942 and now its offensive.
Message 35 of 498 (1,655 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I can add to the filtered words list a common word "mean". Even in the "mean" meaning it's not any offensive, but it's also "I mean something", not only "Stop being mean!"

So actual list:

• "as"
  • "do"
  • "but"
  • "mean"
  • "full"
  • "snipers" (you said it was removed from the filter, but not sure about it)

From other languages (Polish) it's pretty annoying that word "klan" is being filtered. It means "clan". You can't even say "can I join your clan?" in Polish. Not everything is about KKK. In fact most of the European players don't really know what KKK is.

Message 36 of 498 (1,559 Views)

★★★ Expert
@HolyDonkey Thanks for the input. For me it is still interesting , and we use chat a lot with all people I really do not know, but to agree on capturing certain points, or say like, Leave A and defend all B. Especially when enemy tickets are low and in last sector of Breakthrough. Last night was the first time I have reported players for harassment. Language like Hang yourself up, I * your mum, go suicide yourself are in my opinion not community friendly. A f* off can't do no harm in my opinion, although not using that myself.

I think a solution can be in a next game to show some standard orders but expand them to whole team.

1. Have bigger squads - But then leave squad wipe out
2. Show in a customization screen the orders others squads are giving and adapt to this as squad leader.
3. Start more using voice chat and have the possibility (besides 3rd party apps like discord) to place yourself in team channels.

I'm not sure if there are legal restrictions in having a chat function. 99.8 of 100 it's a friendly community. Myself definitely would allow more words but promote blocking players in chat, Vote kick, or standard orders as above and community needs to get used to more voice chat. Sometimes I really have great squads with all nationality's, we assist and support each other true voice.
Message 37 of 498 (1,528 Views)

★★★ Expert

@EA_Kent  , can you merge this topic into https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/Freedom-of-speech-in-chat-A-war-game-which-blocks-the-w...

This way development team can see impact on change. And the provided feedback. 

Message 38 of 498 (1,702 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

the link you gave does not exists

Message 39 of 498 (1,673 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

another insane filtered word I found is a game mode "domination", you can't write "domination"

Message 40 of 498 (1,665 Views)