In-game Chat Filter Feedback.

by flyinghorse101

Original Post

Accepted Solution

In-game Chat Filter Feedback.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

With the search filter I found a topic about the chat almost one year old.  It at least stated July.  Topic Chat blocking words 

But I felt the need to create a new topic, and especially in the general discussion. 

This surprised me a lot, and when that feeling went a way some sadness took over. Sadness and a bit upset. I closed the game as I wanted to ask questions about this. And while asking the question I got more upset as with the new forum update no longer video's can be uploaded from my part. Hence I had to upload it to Youtube, which I don't like that much, as the content is for this forum only. Myself have decided to turn chat off now when this continues, If it is by mistake, would be nice to report it as a bug to HQ and place it on a list to fix. Yes it's small but if you have a WWII game, shooting each other in a game but decided to block the word Sniper I cannot take the chat seriously anymore. Then BFV is solo play instead of team play?  

So please see this video and decide yourself: 

Sniper is a bad word.  

To be honest I'm wondering about the opinion of EA community managers. If you see me responding you know I'm the last person who is trying to offend someone here in EA Answers HQ. 

But what I noticed today made me seriously upset and have decided to turn chat off for now. You guys have me definitely shocked and please tell me this is by accident. 

Cheers, 

Crazy

Edit: 19-05-2020 19:57 Typo 

(Change the tile to reflect the topic of conversation more) - Atic 

Message 14 of 498 (21,165 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: In-game Chat Filter Feedback.

★★★ Expert
@Geri_m3ster Change username unfortunately. Go to Origin app, click on Origin, click on EA account and billing and change username. I had the same this week after years using a username and even have been active with this username on this forum without comment. So now changed it , bit forced to do.

View in thread

Message 496 of 498 (3,844 Views)

All Replies

I can't type in chat in BFV

★★★ Novice

Trying to figure out why I can't type in chat in BFV tried a repair and reinstalling...

Message 1 of 498 (19,061 Views)

Re: I can't type in chat in BFV

Champion (Retired)

What system / console do you use and what buttons have you tried sofar? For PC "JKL" are the buttons to use for All, Team or Squadd chat and the H-key cycles trough chat visibility options?

_________________________________________________________________________________

▪Did you find my post useful? Please grant + XP✔
▪Did my post solve your issue/answer your question? Please accept as solution✔

EA Champion

I'm simply a Volunteer, and do not work for EA
Message 2 of 498 (19,033 Views)

Re: I can't type in chat in BFV

★★★ Novice

PC... yea tried all... I guess they don't like my name... Not gonna change it tho I've had it for 10 years...

Message 3 of 498 (19,022 Views)

Can't use in-game chat

★★★ Newbie

So until last week I could use the in-game chat just fine. I can bring up the chat, hide it, type in it, etc. But my messages do not post. Played since the beta and have had no issues until recently...

I understand some users were not able to chat due to their username having censored words. If that's the case and my name has now magically been censored, all I can say is...pathetic. 

Hoping that's not the case. 

Message 4 of 498 (10,339 Views)

Re: Can't use in-game chat

Community Manager

@BaH_HeAdHuNteR 

This may be due to the double H's you have in your name. Are you able to chat if you remove one of them, or chat under a different name?

Blueberry.png
Message 5 of 498 (10,328 Views)

Hello @BaH_HeAdHuNteR

If you have so many "HH" in your name, that can be a problem.. Your name is filtered and blocked for chat. Try to change it little bit and let me know if you are able to chat again. Standard smile
_______________________ EA AHQ_______________________

- Is my answer helpful.? -> Please grant + XP
- If my post solved your problem or answered your question. -> Please Accept as Solution.
- BF1 & BFV DICE FRIEND - WindowsManTv_CZE || Twitter: WindowsManTv

CCP Hero Banner 1 Grande.png

Message 6 of 498 (10,308 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Hello. Are you playing with high pings? Is the kill log displayed in real time?

Message 7 of 498 (10,290 Views)

My name is included in banned words list?

★★ Novice

I have had to change my username I have had for 6 years because for some reason the Hugh-B part of my username is a censored word?

How do I get this taken off the censored word list as I litterally cannot have my name as my username if I want to use in-game chat. Ridiculous.

Message 8 of 498 (12,678 Views)

Re: My name is included in banned words list?

Community Manager

@Hug-Bahnert 

You may have a similar situation to this player:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Can-t-use-in-game-chat/m-p/7824768

Thanks.

barry.png
Message 9 of 498 (12,671 Views)