Re: In-game Chat Filter Feedback.

by TheDaggz

Original Post

Hero
@MuiGuro How to post this without getting told off...I'll use the Wikipedia definition: "is an artistic genre that puts its focus on eroticism, sexual corruption, and decadence".

If that is what's stopping you from chatting, in case the filter is picking up that bit of your name, then I think you'd either need to hope Dice remove this word from the filter or change your name.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 121 of 498 (642 Views)

★★★ Novice
@ElliotLH Yea i saw that, Guro may be a bad word somewhere far away from where i live but MuiGuro is not and have no meaning at all.
Message 122 of 498 (630 Views)

Hero
@MuiGuro I'm sure it doesn't. I believe it's also a word for teacher in Indonesia (Google may be wrong) for example.

My thinking is though that because it's a 'bad' word in one context it might be triggering the filter. It does seem like it needs so serious improvements as a lot of what it blocks seems very peculiar, going off what people have reported.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 123 of 498 (614 Views)

★★★ Expert

I still believe in 2 options: 

1. Stop chat filter at all, people can report for harassment, though not sure about the legal part in this world where everybody is offended in a blink of an eye. It is making a filter for a problem what should not be there. Also game has labeled an age. On internet the "kids"can look up the craziest things , and even media is zooming in on corpses on the news. 

2. Stop chat completely and use some standard commands with Q, the alternative is teamspeak, of ingame squad speak by microphone. 

Message 124 of 498 (580 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Atic

When can i expect an update on my username alcoholic1 been unbanned? 

Message 125 of 498 (561 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Tyrants names, such as "Adolf *" is banned, but similar tyrants such as "Joseph Stalin" or "Augusto Pinochet" is NOT.
Why?
This goes to show the political ideology EA and DICE are behind and which ideologies they sanction and do not.

I don't care for politics, especially in a game, I am there to get away from politics and such nonsense, not be nudged into specific ideological directions.

This is an obvious attempt at subtle social engineering and the developers are clearly biased when it comes to which tyrants and mass-murderers are "ok" and which ones aren't.

It's funny how a logo with the Hindenburg says "lest we ever forget" or something like that, is in the game, but discussing our species history isn't possible.
So are we supposed to forget, so this madness could repeat itself? 
I was taught in school to never forget what happened in those days, so it could never, ever, repeat itself. And nothing was censored, the brutal reality was conveyed to us students, so we would remember what atrocities were committed in the name of political ideologies. 
I do not sanction any ideology that differs people from people or that supports genocide. 

I find this repulsive and disrespectul to all the millions of lives lost to these murderous tyrants. Left or right, I do not care. 
A psychopat murderer is exactly that and nothing less, no matter how much you believe in their ideologies. 

Did any of the DICE developers attend to history class?
It would seem not.

Message 126 of 498 (648 Views)

★★★ Expert
@TheDaggz Although not agreeing with everything in your post, just wanted to leave my respect and XP. It is not Dice or EA only but a wave which is going on in the world. Like a new generation has been created , indoctrinated from school / college, media, office. From your post I assume (always need to be carefully with that) you are not a millennium. Where in the 90's in my opinion more proper education was given , and there was a freedom of speech, and more respect for each others opinions. I guess because what they now call the "boomers" didn't forgot the blood,sweat and tears it costed to get the freedom. We see this back in covid 19, I'm taking covid very seriously, and can only hope it will be back to normal soon. Although everybody who is asking questions or criticism on the government is set away as a crazy person, a complot theory one.

So back to EA / Dice ,I do not believe they filter and have the emblem text on purpose. It is how the world is changing and some people , never knew better.This behavior is exactly the same as in European politics, and cancel culture is hotter then ever.

So again,there should be no chat filter or censorship. And people need to work on not being so offended easily.
Message 127 of 498 (637 Views)

EA DICE Team

@TheDaggz @flyinghorse101 

Hey folks,

Work in progress!

The Chat Filter is still undergoing configuration, so what we'll do is forward the examples you've listed to that team for review. We appreciate your time in flagging these to us. 

With that said, let's not dive into politics, and stick to talking about either the filter, or the game itself. Anything you see in the filter that raises questions, just let us know - we'll check it out.

Thank you,

Message 128 of 498 (605 Views)

Rediculous censorship

★ Novice

Was wondering why words such as chute, sometimes, method, bloody, goddam and others are censored? (and in particular chute, sometimes and method).... its getting to a point where it wouldnt surprise me if the asterisk itself Star gets censored. What exactly does EA have against communication with other players?

Message 129 of 498 (610 Views)

Re: Rediculous censorship

★★★ Expert
@Chalk6ix_NZ Hi man, please see: https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/In-game-Chat-Filter-Feedback/td-p/9118539/jump-to/first...
- Nice that you open a topic about this but to keep overview better to keep 1 about this. Meanwhile feedback has given to the team. But I'm afraid this all has to do with legal responsibility and political movement clubs and the behavior of the media.

@EA_Atic will you be able to merge the topic?
Message 130 of 498 (600 Views)