Improvise. Adapt. Overcome - [Updating your deck]

by Azombioso

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Improvise. Adapt. Overcome - [Updating your deck]

★★★★★ Guide

Hello again, friend of a friend, I know you well!!

Our common goal was waiting for Valk decks to end!!!

Now that the victory screen feels far away!!

I crack the game, shape shift and tweak, our decks again!!

Ok ok, enough for that cringy intro.

Hello my good fellas. Today I want to share my personal experience through a deck update.

Soo... as many of you would know, Valk decks are EXTREMELY popular and EXTREMELY un-fun to play against. (or at least this is what happened to me)

I can manage them most of the time with my Rose Control Deck, but that doesn't mean I can handle them ALL the time.

(One time I got completely bursted by a 24 attack Valkyrie when I was full health...)

So I decided that it was time for me to update my deck and I want to share with you that process.

Most of the time this is pretty easy, since you just need to follow 3 simple steps.

1.- Identify what is making you lose.

That's the easy part. Just think what card dealt you the most amount of damage, or what card was the final nail in your coffin.

2.- Think what counters what is killing you.

That's... not so easy most of the time. You need to think between what cards you have, what cards REALLY help you out and how they are going to synergize with the rest of your deck.

3.- Update your deck!!

Take your least useful cards for those that are going to help you out.

So, returning to my case... I followed this rules and created this chart.

1.png

That one was pretty easy and obvious. Hoooowever, I started noticing that the Zombie players would start focusing my Wing-Nuts with Final Missions and other trick cards, and with only 2 Wing-Nuts on my deck, I was still losing to Valk decks...

So, I started the chart once more.

2.png

I could heal the Wing-Nuts so they would not die so easily and thus still blocking those bonus attacks, buuut sometimes I had to chose between healing myself or healing the Wing-Nuts...

SOOOOOOOOOO, I started the chart once more.

3.png

If I can give the Wing-Nuts extra health, I could make them survive longer AND still have the flexibility of healing myself or healing them.

However, Photosynthesizer is a Guardian card and cannot be included into my Rose deck.... So, a new deck was born. A Wall-Knight control deck.

Now taking advantage of the guardian cards, I followed the chart again so I was able to deal with other annoying zombies.

4.png

And I repeated this process many many times until I created my final Anti-Professor deck.

Screenshot_20180309-205918.png

And I have to say... ooooooh boi, the results are delightfully good.

Screenshot_20180304-101400_LI.jpg

Do you even Valk bro?

Screenshot_20180305-143756_LI.jpg

I ALMOST felt bad for him. (Also this was my final game before UL)

Screenshot_20180305-145800_LI.jpg

This works with Going Viral zombies too!!

So, that's it. 

I passed from having a winrate of 40~% against Professors to 90~% since sometimes I just don't draw my Wing-Nuts fast enough.

As always, I would like to read your comments and thoughts of this topic.

Until the next one!!

Message 1 of 4 (784 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Improvise. Adapt. Overcome - [Updating your deck]

Champion (Retired)

From now on, when somebody complains about this combo, I'm just gunna post a link that goes to this thread :D

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (1,045 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

From now on, when somebody complains about this combo, I'm just gunna post a link that goes to this thread :D

Message 2 of 4 (1,046 Views)

★★ Guide

Excellent as always

Message 3 of 4 (725 Views)

★★ Pro
Your title should be instead of guide something like teacher or sensei....
Message 4 of 4 (684 Views)