Re: Improvement ideas

by WaterzMelon

Original Post

Improvement ideas

★ Guide

Here are 2 small improvements that could make the in-game experience better. Do you guys agree?

1- Auto selection

Current behavior :
When in the legend selection menu, the system auto-selects the active legend on your account. To make a legend active, you have to either have played it in the last game or to click the desired legend in the "Legends" menu tab. If you are unlucky enough to have a squad member select your active legend, you will be provided with a random one.

Modified behavior :
When in the legend selection menu, the system auto-selects the last played legend. If you are unlucky enough to have a squad member select your last played legend, you will be provided with your second or third most played legend.

Explanation :
To have a randomly selected legend is not user-friendly. It can be frustrating if you dislike playing some legends and are assigned one of them.
Also, the current way to make a legend active in the main menu using the "Legends" menu tab is not clear enough. It could lead to unexpected legend selection for newer players that don't know this unclear mechanic.
Changing this behavior will make sure taking a quick bathroom break between matches won't leave the player with a negative auto-character selection experience.

2- Death animation

Current behavior :
When a knocked down player dies, an animation starts preventing the player to spectate his teammates right away. The animation first consists of a grey filter appearing and the camera slowly going away from the death box. Then, another animation starts completely hiding the spectator view. Once the animation finishes, you are allowed to start spectating your squad members.

Modified behavior :
The current animations can be skipped, allowing the player to spectate his squads members more quickly.

Explanation :
The current animation is so long that it can prevent the player from spectating the end of a match. So many times, I wished I could have seen how my squad member died or got to win the final fight. Allowing the player to skip the animation will fully fix this issue.

Message 1 of 5 (325 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Newbie
Good Idea !
Message 2 of 5 (299 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Nice suggestions! 

Message 3 of 5 (277 Views)

★ Guide

ROFL

Message 4 of 5 (255 Views)

★ Guide

@napalm51 wrote:

ROFL

I'm not sure if your comment is in agreement or disagreement with the ideas above. Could you please give more details?

Message 5 of 5 (212 Views)