Impromptu Races (GTA Online style)

by TheWaIkingDev

Original Post

Impromptu Races (GTA Online style)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

So for anyone familiar with GTA Online you can pull up next to another players vehicle and challenge them to an impromptu race. 

Races would be set by a player setting a waypoint on the map and inviting nearby players to a race with an option of placing a cash bet. A countdown timer would begin and players would race along the gps route  to the waypoint and that was it.

Having this in Heat would be amazing, no need for a cutscene or minute countdown on a race where youre not sure the one other player who accepted will back out at the last minute. 

Message 1 of 4 (1,691 Views)

Re: Impromptu Races (GTA Online style)

★★ Guide

Having this sort of feature helps the lack of drag races as well since people can set a straight track for a race and be on their way.

I’ve had a few encounters in the stadium where people were lining up trying to use their horns as starters where a counter and a finish line would just make life easier plus also you could y’know place bets and make money.(hell add pink slips I’d be down to risk my car)

Message 2 of 4 (1,675 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@TheWaIkingDev wrote:

Having this sort of feature helps the lack of drag races as well since people can set a straight track for a race and be on their way.

I’ve had a few encounters in the stadium where people were lining up trying to use their horns as starters where a counter and a finish line would just make life easier plus also you could y’know place bets and make money.(hell add pink slips I’d be down to risk my car)

Oh I do that on NFS Heat and Forza H4. Cool

Message 3 of 4 (1,640 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@H0lyb33r I’ll still do it on GTA Online on occasion, nothing like using ya trusty flare gun to act as a starting signal Large smile

Message 4 of 4 (1,611 Views)