Re: Important , SpellForce 3

by BurningFalcon

Original Post

Important , SpellForce 3

★★★ Newbie

Important ! Under no circumstances do not buy SpellForce 3 from Origin. The game does NOT update and 4th day we are at version 1.09. Since the game release the version of the game is 1-3 days behind the official version witch make playing impossible especially for the multiplayer games.

Right now (14.12.2017) my version of the game is still v1.09 , the official version of the game is v1.12
MegalomaniacNG [developer] 6 hours ago
SpellForce 3 Update 1.12 - Bugfix & Balancing Updates
(15.12.2017) New patch is up but still no updates from Origin

The thing is that by the time origin update my game to v1.12 they gona be 3 versions ahead . i'm following this situation since last week with hope that origin will catch up with official version but the problem persists .

I`ve reinstalled the game several times , additional have test it on a second computer - same problem.

So even if your life depended on it, do NOT buy it from this * AF client - Origin.

btw i just bought it from Steam and v1.14 works fine.

Message 1 of 10 (1,512 Views)

EA DICE Team

@Savomir

SpellForce 3 should now have the correct game version patched via Origin - thanks for flagging this so we could chase it up for you and other SpellForce 3 players.

Can you let me know if all is well again in the Kingdom of Nortander?

Message 2 of 10 (1,407 Views)

★ Novice

Hi Tom,

actualy the situation is, that the game loaded by Origin is Version 1.22 released in december 2017.

Now, several weeks later, the most actual version (for example loaded by Steam) is 1.28.

Can it be that there is something wrong with the update mechanism of this game?

The game developers patching the game several times / week. I would expect that Origin is updating it eone time / week at least.

Can you please check what the reason is for this difference?

Message 3 of 10 (1,348 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hello!
It would really be great if this game would be updated at the same time at it is on steam.

If I'm correct, the game is currently running on 1.31 on Origin, while the Update 1.34 was released on steam already on the 22nd of February, which his almost one month ago.
http://steamcommunity.com/app/311290/discussions/0/1692662302105641263/

This update fixes a critical bug, which can get you stuck in one of the side missions (Old Haalayash).

Message 4 of 10 (1,256 Views)

★ Novice

Hello,

i have the same problem (stuck in Old-Haalayash), which should be fixed in V1.34.

This is the second time i'm asking WHY IS THE GAME NOT UPDATED (more or less) IN THE SAME SPEED ON ORIGIN AS ON STEAM?

No answer yet, but the last time the update was rolled out some days later.

Do we have to ask for this each time? What is the problem about this? Is it EA? Is it the developer?

Would be nice to get an answer! 

Message 5 of 10 (1,240 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

It's just sad isn't it? No updates, no answers.
If I would have just seen this before I bought it on Origin...
Taking up a chat with the support now.

Talked with the support. They'll look into it and a patch should be released soon at last.

Message 6 of 10 (1,180 Views)

@BurningFalcon @Corghal the patching process for each version (Steam, GOG, Origin) is up to the publisher (THQ Nordic, formerly Nordic Games). The Steam version is always the first, GOG version usually has a delay between one and two weeks (sometimes, actually skips certain patches, if they come out too fast). Probably the Origin version is in the same boat with the GOG version.

I prefer to buy EA games from Origin, Ubi games from the uPlay store, whatever is DRM free from GOG and anything else from Steam. I avoid a lot of headaches that way. Most of the publishers that add in the uPlay and Origin store tend to conveniently forget that they've released their games there, too. 

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 7 of 10 (1,143 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

@ivrognard @Savomir @BurningFalcon @Corghal

Hi all,

We release third-party game updates to Origin as soon as they are made available to us. As you've experienced, it can happen that we don't receive updates at the same time as other platforms.

We understand this impacts your game experience so we are checking from our side if we can streamline this process.

Message 8 of 10 (1,098 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thank you for the information Tom!

I also would like to inform everyone, that the update 1.35 is now online, and the old-haalayash bugfix is save-compatible (at least if you saved before the conversation)

Message 9 of 10 (1,055 Views)

EA DICE Team

@BurningFalcon @Savomir @Corghal

Thank you confirming that the update has successfully been made available for you.

Happy gaming to you all!

Message 10 of 10 (1,009 Views)