Implement Shadowfall Legend death into Ranked & Cas.

by iBlockHead

Original Post

Implement Shadowfall Legend death into Ranked & Cas.

★★ Expert

So as many of you know or have noticed, when a Legend dies in the new game mode, they drop some loot. The loot could be anything from backpacks to armor or even ammo and I was thinking how cool this would be to place into the normal game modes we already have considering it rewards those who push a fight with instant loot to grab without having to stand still. 

It's a good feeling knocking players down in Shadowfall and having instant access to loot the player you killed did not have themselves. 

Or at least have players instantly drop their current armor/helmet when they die so that you can quickly switch to something better as a reward for coming out on top in a gun fight. 

Message 1 of 5 (289 Views)

Re: Implement Shadowfall Legend death into Ranked & Cas.

★★★★★ Expert
@iBlockHead I can kinda see this working but also don’t... the dont part is Fortnite horrors. Seeing alot of stuff in a small place cause most of the times you will have 2+ ppl dying in a small area. The do part is that it’d speed up looting. At least for consoles since those stupid pc ppl can actually still move while looting.

You pc ppl are all hackers! Stand still like a man and take those bullets! Who walks while looting! PC is unrealistic, console is reality! XD
Message 2 of 5 (266 Views)

★ Pro

While i swap shields like everyone else, i also wouldn't be opposed to nerfing it, and having shields be broken after i fight, i mean we did break them in order to kill them... why does it magic heal on death? 

Message 3 of 5 (248 Views)

★★ Pro
@iBlockHead i love the looting just the way it is, it's the art of it.

You gotta have smart decisions, it determines how well you know the phase of the game. Is it safe to loot? is it a time to recharge? is it a time to run away? and so on.

The loot drop is kinda fun but then the grind of recharging is gonna be gone. People gonna swap shields as twice as fast now, not to mention players can already swap shields fast nowadays.
Message 4 of 5 (240 Views)

★★ Expert

@Koochi-Q Shadowfall has at most 3 random items drop so for a squad that would be 9 items on the floor that would probably be looted right away if they all somehow managed to group up and die together.

I saw on the dev tracker they are adding cursor speed to console when looting, finally.

Overall though I would like to see some kind of bonus or something for killing another player. I always liked playing games where you get some kind of plus for killing players.

Like how Fortnite has the siphon ability where you gain some health after defeating and enemy for their Ranked mode. Something like this should be brought into Apex to make it more competitive as players won't have to rely on the RNG that the loot is but rather go out and find kills in hopes of gaining a better piece of armor, backpack, ammo or whatever they might need and can't find on the map alone. This also would resolve some 3rd partying issues, giving you a chance to run to cover and process the situation you're in. 

Message 5 of 5 (232 Views)