Imp and Mech

by Wwardlord1995

Original Post

Re: Imp and Mech

★★ Apprentice

Well they need to adjust the health for the imp to where they are close to being vanquished  after they have been ejected because 95 percent of them will run away after there mech is toast. And regardless if this isn’t gw2 most ideas and concepts like game modes  where brought over from the previous games so I don’t see how you don’t see similarities between games

Message 11 of 16 (318 Views)

★ Guide
Message 12 of 16 (315 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Oh there are similarities. But in the same sense that when you watch a show & it mentions at the beginning that any similarities to any persons or ideas living or deceased are strictly & purely coincidental for legality purposes.

Just because the majority of the ideas from prior games are present, does not mean that every aspect needs to be kept in line from where those ideas originate.

And if you have enough firepower to take down a mech, chances are there's more than one of you on your team there to focus and the firepower in that area should be more than sustainable. Which means that not being able to kill a single imp is ludicrous that you would even complain about it.

It's time we move on as a community from these psychologically-damaging concepts. We've evolved smarter; I believe it's time we act like it.

If you push this issue, then remove Imps cool-down & make it like Oak/Station. But then people would complain that Zombies have 2x mech-classes where as Plants only have one. Thus the cycle would never end, we need to realize they're separate & leave each class with their distinctive traits. Not every class can double-jump or use any of the other classes abilities. They each have a perk to playing & not everything is meant to be the standardized across the board.

Message 13 of 16 (297 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Imps need to reflect the same percent of health as their Mechs when they eject.

I think the cool down could be 1:00 and everything else is fine for me.

Message 14 of 16 (290 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@bktechAlso agree. I kind of want to keep the imp still being alive after leaving the destroyed mech, but if it becomes a major problem, maybe imp should leave the destroyed mech with 50 health. Imp is in a weird position as he’s the standard mech character, but his mech is that ultimate machine. Things got weird when oak and space station came out and imp isn’t the only one with a transforming into a stronger and larger self.

I would recommend his primary, impkata, and gravity grenade to be a bit more powerful so he could be a glass cannon, while his mech to be more menacing to face, so that there is meaning to his two-minute Cooldown. I don’t see the statistical tracking of imp, so I don’t know how imp should be balanced. I just feel his fragile glass part without feeling that cannon punch.

Edit: typo

Message 15 of 16 (283 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@bktech  I largely agree with you here. One problem in other MP shooters I've played (and some other games too) is the constant cycle of nerf-buff-nerf-buff. While we should expect some tweaks over the entire life of the game, we don't want this to turn into Overwatch where they completely changed how some characters work (like Mercy). 

Imp+Mech is in a strange spot with the Oak/Acorn and Cadet/Station being in the game as well. I really like that the sides are asymmetrical, some of my favorite board games are like that (Cthulhu Wars for example), and while we need the sides to be as balanced as we can get, we don't want to just copy/paste them with different skins. Some are pretty close like cactus/deadbeard, others not so much. 

When I first survived my mech being destroyed I was all 'cool!'. As I said I'm largely neutral to any changes to this situation, but defeating an Imp outside the mech isn't that difficult, even when they jump around and sprint a lot. Obviously some characters are much better at this than others, but as you state in your post, if you can take down a mech, chances are pretty good you can take out the Imp that was piloting it.

Message 16 of 16 (257 Views)