Re: Im losing hope...

by Pha1n0

Original Post

Im losing hope...

★★ Pro

Apex has just been getting more and more frustrating recently. 

I usually could hop on for 3/5 games, and get some kills and maybe even a win. Heck, sometimes I could even dump hours into it. I have I think a total of 500 something hours on Apex, and I am sick of it already. I was on the game in week 2, and it was so much  fun. I put day and night into it, playing for 6-8 hours on weekends. 

Season 2 was when I took my first break. I had gotten sick of the game, and went back to Overwatch for a bit. Then I came back at around the end, and grinded the heck outta the game. 

Season 3 and 4 were the peak of the game for me. My friends were playing, there was content and the trailers were cool and hype and epic. 

Season 5 was a let down. Season 6 was even more of one.

Let me tell you; The last time we had a new mode before Flashpoint was 7 months ago, with Deja Loot. In Season 4. It was a drought. The quests and the 'evolved' modes do not count as new modes. 

I havent played the game for anything other than treasure packs since the start of season 6. Because the game sucks complete GARBAGE at the moment. Both balance wise and pace wise. 

WAYS THEY CAN FIX APEX (For me at least):

1. BALANCE THE CHARACTERS please

Like at least balance them regularly. There are legends that have been meta since the start of the game (wraith) and legends that have been garbage since the start of the game (mirage, octane). Like give some others time in the spotlight. Also why would you buff Campy Skill Queen Rampart? Why? Not fun. 

2. BALANCE THE GUNS

Volt. Looking at you. If you wanna have a teir of guns, thats fine. Just dont make the AR SMG the top teir one. 100 damage in 0.001 seconds is not fun, for some odd reason.

3. ADD IN BETTER SBMM (Main annoyance)

Your game is dying. Do you know why? You cater too much to the pros. They say they dont wanna get in sweaty lobbies. And so what? Neither do the casuals. Putting a level 500 with a level 25 is no fun for either of the players. Yes this has happened to me btw. Casuals having fun and pros having fun is 2 different things. Im sure a pro is having fun getting 20 bombs every 3 games. And Im sure a casual is having fun getting killed every 5 minutes by 20000 kill xxfazewraithmaintsmxx. The casuals are leaving in droves. The only games I queue into are the sweaty ones. I dont want to aqueue into someone who has more kills on wraith than I do on all my accounts combined.

4. ADD CONTENT

The amount of time it took for actual content was stupid. Respawn, do your jobs. Either create content now of fix the bugs now. Treasure packs do not count as content. Neither do the season 6 quests. The season 5 ones were content. The season 6 ones werent. Remove the quests if they're gonna be like this, taking all our content.

5. DECIDE THE TONE OF YOUR GODDAM GAME

Do you want everything to die in half a second? Or do you want everyone to be campy mcsweaty? Decide. The Evo change seems like it wants people to be more aggressive, but rampart is enforcing camping. Decide - Camp, or fight?

I enjoyed apex. But slowly, Im losing my passion for the game. Respawn just doesnt seem to care about casual plyers, marketing their unsuccessful ALGS. Also, you just dont want people to know there are more than 2 regions of that do you? Because it seems like you dont, because all you show is the NA and EU regions, never any other region. If I wanna know if my team is doing well, I have to visit the liquipedia page. Disgusting. 

Respawn do your job. Fix the game. 

Message 1 of 6 (369 Views)

★ Guide
@CrazyPlays54 - 100%

But just know - you’ll find very little support here - most of the usually commenters on here are the try hards for respawn.

A lot of them are the high kill count kids that play this game 24/7.
Message 2 of 6 (356 Views)

★★ Pro
@Pha1n0 Dont worry. I was one of those Respawn fanboys until they decided for the 6th season in a row to cater to pros and only pros. And only some pros as well.
Message 3 of 6 (347 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I was just in a game with someone that had 20k kills this * is unfair as hell where is the skill based matchmaking.  

Message 4 of 6 (127 Views)

★★★ Guide

If the MM can't provide a balanced skill-based match, then Apex should not classify as esports, since it's not sportsmanship. Even Wikipedia page on esports mentions EA only once and that in relation to their soccer game only.

And the notion that people should wait, because it's just the start of the season is nonsense. The start of the season has the most players active, so there should be enough even-skill players to match.

Message 5 of 6 (100 Views)

@Dark-Soldier2489 

As this thread is a bit old at this point, we are going to lock this down so that we can prevent any necro-posting.

If you run into any further issues please create a new thread so that we can begin tracking accordingly!

The needs of the many,
outweigh the needs of the few or one. --Spock--

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Please note: I am a community volunteer – I do not work for EA.
Me Too – If you also have this problem – first post on thread has this button.
XP – For helpful comments (and to help others 'level up').
Mark As Solution – To help others find the answer to the issue now & in the future.
Message 6 of 6 (65 Views)