Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: If your hoping loot drops rates get better with cataclysm they don’t.

by Alvanian

Original Post

If your hoping loot drops rates get better with cataclysm they don’t.

★★★ Apprentice

Just a pass here.  About one in sixty chests will get you a legendary.  And test it will take forever to get sixty chests from doing the cataclysm.  

So in other cataclysm will be another waste of time nobody wants to run after their first time in and nobody will be playing more than a week after it drops 

Message 1 of 13 (536 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Thank you for your take on this (seriously), but...think I can speak for myself on if it's a waste of time for me, so the assumption that nobody wants to run more than once or will stop after a week is incorrect. 

Message 2 of 13 (528 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

The PTS is not closed yet, so where did you get your results from? Devs should be tweaking drop rates for final release of Cataclysm, max luck means more Legendary loot.

Do you speak for the Devs? 

Message 3 of 13 (522 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

My experience after doing 100+ beta/alpha testing in many games over many years and the result is 99% whatever you saw in beta or on PTS will hit LIVE, some BUGS will also hit LIVE unless the bugs/glitches effect the game play like unstable instances, broken game mechanics or server performance then it will get some bandages fix, other than that all minor bugs will hit LIVE and gonna get fix later date. I don't count or get my hope high with EA because after 8 years on and off with SWTOR there are plenty of bugs/glitches we found in beta 8 YEARS ago still exist in game today (I did sent bugs report to dev team and their reply is always the same after 8 years that "The issue is known bug and will get fix on later date..."   

Message 4 of 13 (502 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
From what i understand the whole "max luck after cata" is not... that

They said something like "were not giving everyone max luck, were giving everyone %100 luck"

Even then i myself and many others already run 100+ luck some nearly 200 luck with no effect.

Result - no drop change - but now players cant gripe about luck anymore either.
Message 5 of 13 (454 Views)

★★★★ Novice

So if they increase the drop rate, you run it for a week , gear out and then what? Come back and complain some more? gaming is enjoying the journey, the drop rate on live server is just fine, we all have lots of legendaries not they don't drop every run neither should they we average 1-2 per day in about 3-6 hours depending. Its all rng, I like the drop rate cause after all the legendaries are end game items. As far as legendaries dropping more on gm 2 or 3 is hard to determine cause they take so much longer to complete. We run them for the challenge not the legendaries, if we get one wow lucky. Todays gamers are all about finishing and moving on and yelling when they don't. Old school gamers have more patience I guess, the way we grew up.

Message 6 of 13 (442 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice
drop rates are not good.

Im a casual gamer. I play 1-3 hours a day. Most adults prbably dont havetime for more than 3 hours to sit on their * doing nothing.

At that rate i get 2-3 a week.

Majority of the items dropped are duplicates seemingly dropping from a specific alphabet range... thats beside the point.

I havent seen a legendary thubderbolt of ynova, recurring vengeance, last argument, or... many many others and ive been playing since alpha demo.

Now if i finally do get one ofthose chances are the stats arent gonna be what im after making my current masterwork better.

Takes months to get the drop your after, potential years to get item with stat roll.

Nonody should have to be "year long patient" per item
Message 7 of 13 (434 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Well gaming with end game is not for casual and companies that go that way makes the games die sooner. Sorry but truth. Lotro catered to the casual gamers and it loss its client base and ruined a once great game. Games that make you farm for items, which is all btw, do so to keep you playing. I have been playing this game since the beginning just enough to do 4 toons, have approximately 150 legendaries and finish my deeding and what not. I don't play like the 12 hour per day players but it keeps me busy until next update, Cataclysm and that will keep me busy till something else, it seems I found a way to balance time vs rewards vs boredom. Like I said todays gamers want everything now, now, now and they play 23 hours a day, finish the game and complain about content, drops and whatnot. I have had no problems with drops neither have my buddies who play just as much or just as little as I do. 

Message 8 of 13 (427 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

LOTRO did not lose it's client base so that is a bad example. My wife has been playing it for 9 years and it's doing just fine. That game is about a lot more than just loot. WTH does this one offer?

Message 9 of 13 (408 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@Steal107 Hah he played lotro? Prolly never did bg, watcher, turtle, that stupid dragon lol. They all dropped gear when you beat them. I remember hoarding and going all out spending dkp to get a symbol so I could make a legendary weapon.
Message 10 of 13 (354 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help