Re: If you want better games develop for better computers and consoles

by 2042onthemove

Original Post

If you want better games develop for better computers and consoles

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Sorry to the old systems. but, you have to say 'goodbye' and start making better games that play on better PC, XBox, and Playstation Consoles. Yes, some will need to drop a few hundred and get the better console. It's about time anyway.

If we want better games than we have to develop for better computers and consoles.

Right?

Message 1 of 7 (492 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@2042onthemove 

There's a global shortage for microchips right now. People are holding onto their old hardware, because they don't have an option.

Message 2 of 7 (438 Views)

★ Expert
@Popa2caps True.

Still I think PS5 is still selling at the same clip or better than PS4...just more demand for it. And so many people at home just staring at their devices looking for a notification means they are gone the instant they show up in inventory...not to mention bots, etc.

I think also, the fact Sony has around 120 million PS4s sold is such a staggering number that developers want to tap into all those users still if they can.

It's not unusual for cross-gen to happen the first year or so anyway. BF4 had a PS3 and 360 version even though it launched with PS4 and Xbox. One.

Message 3 of 7 (430 Views)

★ Expert
@2042onthemove The PS5/PC/Series X version is going to have 128 players and much larger maps. So it will be a bigger game for sure on next level hardware. They've been doing dynamic weather/destructible environments/64 player matches/large maps/tons of vehicles for a long time...things all these other games are just now adding. So going bigger with more players is about all they can do.

What else do you want out of next level Battlefield?
Message 4 of 7 (418 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

But the old consoles don't hold them back, EA did the same thing for other games, The Sims 4 have a Legecy Edition for older 32 bit computers, supporting DLC only to a certian point, and FIFA 19 have a PS3 and Xbox 360 version (Again, FIFA 19) with few modes stripped from it, I don't see how the Last Gen console version held back the PC/Next Gen version, since the major update for the game (larger maps and twice the players) isn't coming for PS4 or Xbox One, so if you have a Next Gen, you defentlly get more, but Last Gen can at least get something.

Message 5 of 7 (402 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@ArchAngeL-PCX 

@ArchAngeL-PCX wrote:

Still I think PS5 is still selling at the same clip or better than PS4...just more demand for it. And so many people at home just staring at their devices looking for a notification means they are gone the instant they show up in inventory...not to mention bots, etc.

I would think all new consoles are selling as fast as they can. PS5, Xbox Series S|X are true next generation consoles no matter how you look at them. The calculations they can achieve are far greater than that of the previous generation. Not only do they have amazing CPUs and/ GPUs (all of them), but each has an SSD NVMe drive for internal storage.

@ArchAngeL-PCX wrote:
I think also, the fact Sony has around 120 million PS4s sold is such a staggering number that developers want to tap into all those users still if they can.

Very true companies want to support a huge, already established community. It's good for business.

@ArchAngeL-PCX wrote:

It's not unusual for cross-gen to happen the first year or so anyway. BF4 had a PS3 and 360 version even though it launched with PS4 and Xbox. One.

Two issues pop up in my head with old consoles from 2013-2017 for games being created currently.

One, the central processing unit (CPU) is quite slow.
   Two, the internal storage device (HDD) is very slow.

Yeah I remember the Battlefield 4 launch very well, I was crashing every 2 minutes on my PS4. I bought that game 3 times if I remember correctly haha

Message 6 of 7 (379 Views)

★ Guide

Yes, if I was CEO.

Make a special version that will work with the PS4 (when you have millions of units).

Still make the game for higher level machines.

Just make another version is all.  Come on! They can do that.  If they want $$ that is.....

Message 7 of 7 (355 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help