If you don't own a mic, please don't play this game

by ImKMan

Original Post

Re: If you don't own a mic, please don't play this game

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@ImKMan
You guys know you can mute players ping.

Normally when I get little kids as randoms.
They will run off by themselves and get themselves killed, then they will banner spam.
Then I mute their mics and pings.

I try to help the little kids, but if they are being annoying, I will mute their pings.

Message 31 of 49 (581 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@hhnbbfggty66huh weird, i do the same thing with rusher people.

and when finish the job or get the banner he quit.

Message 32 of 49 (576 Views)

★ Apprentice
@ImKMan Get some friends.
Message 33 of 49 (560 Views)

★★★ Expert

I have mic, but don't use it when I que with randoms, and I always mute random players.

Something about music being played, hearing someone's relatives talking, people not speaking English, loud obnoxious breathing into the mic, and coughing into the mic that really makes me think that pings are better to be honest.

On top of it all, the quality of in-game voice comms is really bad. Gotta use PSN parties or Discord to actually understand what anyone says.

Message 34 of 49 (551 Views)

★★★ Guide
@Wingmannedbro same about in-game voice comms. hear someone is like he have lag.

oh and you forget the people play with speakers
Message 35 of 49 (540 Views)

★★★ Expert

@ElBirri wrote:
@Wingmannedbrosame about in-game voice comms. hear someone is like he have lag.

oh and you forget the people play with speakers

Oh yeah, and those too Angry

Message 36 of 49 (537 Views)

★★★ Guide

I see that pretty much everyone I ever play with has a mic. The problem is that nobody talks anyway. People just do their own thing and maybe stick around eachother long enough to not get instakilled at the drop site.

Message 37 of 49 (529 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@ImKMan There are a few situations where Mics are absolutely necessary since the Ping system can't convey everything. Its more effective to call out a retreat over mic or to game plan how you're going to engage in a fight. There are a number of situations where you need to communicate something specific that the ping system simply can't do.

That said 90% of the time mics are unnecessary and can be a hindrance. I can ignore it if a player spams his ping because he wants to be picked up but I can't ignore someone screaming through his mic "revive me". I idiotically have to turn towards him and explain why its a bad idea to revive in the middle of a hectic fire fight instead of ignoring him and finishing the enemy.

Its good to have a mic so you can decide on a plan of attack before engaging. After that pings are good enough. Typically you can read how your team wants to play a fight even without communicating so a good player doesn't NEED a mic to at least reach Platinum or maybe Diamond.

No hope of reaching Predator though so I'm clueless there.

Message 38 of 49 (499 Views)

★ Pro

One thing is when you live in US and all players speak the same language. In EU situation is different. I assume huge % of players know English, but when it comes to speaking all what comes out is mumbling. And the worst thing is that they mumble in fights... instead of hearing enemies, you hear mumble + kids screening + insults + some noob is teaching you how to play and so on.

I personally prefer to set mic volume to 0.
Ping system in most cases is enough.

Message 39 of 49 (488 Views)

★★★★ Guide

i find it funny when someone says "blabla wrong server", england won't be in eu anymore soon and english should remain the main language?

Message 40 of 49 (405 Views)