Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: If you are still playing Anthem with the current loot and state of the game.

by DanteYoda

Original Post

Re: If you are still playing Anthem with the current loot and state of the game.

★★★★ Novice

Division 2 is working fantastic with minimal issues and great loot 

Message 11 of 25 (241 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Don't you mean Division 1 it sucks just as bad

Message 12 of 25 (232 Views)

★★★ Guide
idk, I fell through the ground tons of times, have had npcs vanish on me and have had loot with NO STATS.
Message 13 of 25 (228 Views)

★★★★ Novice

100% true!! The games doesn’t work!!, and some bugs come back!!  It is a nightmare! 

Message 14 of 25 (223 Views)

★ Apprentice

@Zemerick wrote:

@HolidayIF2 wrote:

If you are still playing Anthem in the current state you are responsible for the terrible games developers are pushing out! I was so excited for Anthem I played both “demo” and continued to have faith until 24hrs after the legendary missions update. The loot, just like every update for loot so far got better for 24hrs then it’s back to the same thing. The bugs,and disconnects that steal your consumables are still not fixed on a triple A game that most paid 90$ for the Dawn edition is not worth the time it took to download. Stop being a shill and take a stand. We shouldn’t be waiting around for it to get better we should be starting a class action lawsuit and not playing until we get the game we were promised when we bought it. This is not acceptable and if you are still playing it you’re the reason they think it’s okay to put out unfinished crap games that were so over hyped that they get paid anyway. BOYCOTT Anthem!!!!!!!!! 

The loot is just as good now as it was the moment the patch landed. I got multiple legendaries in the time it took me to get my key last night. It's about 10 times the drop rate it was before. Still lots of work to go, but it has improved. Same with disconnects. I used to get 2 or 3 per day. Now it's 1 every 2 or 3 days. Some things aren't a simple flip a switch and it's solved, but take multiple iterative steps. With Bioware communicating, admitting their mistakes, and sending out a large amount of updates, I'm happy with the progress. ( Not the launch though. )

You're also sorely mistaken if you think MOST paid $90 for Anthem. I would bet more people have paid $15 or so than $90. ( Personally, I upgraded my access basic from $5/mo to $99 for 12 months of premium...so only about $3.25/mo, or just $6.50 with about 3 weeks to go this cycle. NTM the other bonuses premium comes with. Oh, and I also cancelled my SW:TOR sub, which was $15/mo ... so they're actually getting less from me now technically. )

Oh, and if you play the game, but don't make RMTs, you're actually costing them money, as they need more resources to handle the load.

If you personally want to boycott Anthem/Bioware/EA, go for it. There ARE reasons to be upset. However, don't try calling someone who still plays it a shill just because of your opinion on how things are/went.

im am curious, who starts a boycott on the game or whatever they call it? because i have a strange feeling that this "lets not play anthem for 1 week and see what happens" thing is a move made by the dev company to lighthen the hate on the game. because seriously, who decides wich one of all this people can initiate a ..."boycott" thing and wich ones are just ... you know... considered kids or * for daring to ask such a thing. 2 or 3 weeks ago there was a ... "boycott" thing on this game initiated by some random dude for me, and everyone listened and went yey lets do this... what made that person so speciall that i had such a sway over you and not this one... another random?

Message 15 of 25 (214 Views)

★★★ Guide
LOL....Class action law suit???....Over a video game????...LMAO

I do what I want with my time and my money....LOL....Get a Lawyer
Message 16 of 25 (197 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Why would I stop playing when I’m having so much fun?

Message 17 of 25 (193 Views)

★ Guide

and again...

Message 18 of 25 (174 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Guide

I'm not boycotting it per say i'm just not playing it because there is jack all to do, the loot is garbage and the game runs like a three legged dog.

Message 19 of 25 (166 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I see this type of argument alot, but it's an extremely dramatic reaction to a percieved injustice. Trouble with this is that like-minded people congregate together into a mob and so protect eachother from having to listen to reason and differences in perspective. Protest is good 'n all as long as it remains civil and focused, and the protestors are willing to listen.

So some history. Bioware were one of the first devs to adopt the frostbite engine when EA made their first parties use the tech as a company policy. It makes sense since frostbite has really impressive graphical prowress, but it lacked tools to allow it to be use to make other games like action adventure / 3rd person / etc... So lot of devs for games using it like garden warfare, entangled, anthem, andromeda etc, had to build the engine IN ADDITION TO THE GAME. There were casualties like visceral games and the canceled starwars amy hennig uncharted game. Consequently, you get more bugs than you would had you used a familar engine that you built the previous game on before... (like Division and Destiny 2)

{Tangent Start} The recent exception to the frostbite first party use is Respawn's Apex legends which used a heavily modified source engine: the titanfall engine, since lots of source have been ripped and replaced for TFall2. EA probably gave them special license to do this while the Titanfall 3 team prepare for a port to frostbite {End tangent} 

Additionally, EA's public relations are not in a good spot after the SWBF2 loot box fiasco. Honestly, EA just used the formula that DICE did for their battlefield games, but it backfired due to the greater appeal of StarWar's Ip with other gamers not accustomed to that buisness model. So internet fire-storm, EA are evil... again (memories of the 'season pass' dark ages stir)... Yet people quickly forgot about the paid early access of Epic's fortnite which really got people annoyed with paid loot boxes. Epic set the gun powder in a dark room, EA walked into that room with a match... Meanwhile Activision and Ubisoft continue to sell paid 'premium' DLC for their games because they can, and no one calls them anti-consumer...

When Anthem was revealed Bioware "Fans" from Dragon Age, Bauldar's gate, Mass effect, got annoyed about the live service design of the game. They regard Bioware as a paragon of single player story telling and multi-choice RPGs but those genres are being crowded by indies now (either of former Bioware devs that made those games, or newcommers like CD Projekt Red), so it was wise to take a risk on the emerging social-world looter shooter genre that is relatively competitor free.

EA invited the Destiny community to play the game as a marketing tactic which worked, but invited mostly the PvP youtubers, so not really the best crowd. Some of the fairest coverage from the Tokyo conference was from PvE and Lore focused channels that apprecieated the world and fantasy and social elements in the game, and ackowledge the bugs as temporary; while PvP focused channels focused on loot rewards and power fantasy progression, and got overly annoied when they encountered bugs...

Then EA early access was misconstruded as a launch when it was early access, so the youtubers flooded their dissapointment about the bugs and all. But it was early access! You're helping to test a live service game for networking issues that small QA would have difficulty simulating... Hence the popular misconception that Anthem is unfinished.

The one criticism I have for Anthem, and other looter shooters do this as well, is they obfuscate their mechanics. This leads to people assuming things and thus playing the game in strange ways that maybe self sabotage. Great example is people playing only GM2 because GM3 takes 'too long' but then get annoied that they don't get MWs and Legendaries. If the game showed us the drop chances people would have eureka moments and realize their mistakes, and not blame the devs for a broken game... People say Diablo 3 is a good example but that game is too information dense (they show you too much); no one has yet found the good balence yet.

So with all that gunpowder history, I can see why people are trying to take a stand against Anthem as an unfinished lackluster product, but really, it's misguided and incorrect. Anthem is the recent straw man of gaming: a symbol for AAA ripping off the lay-men gamer by not rewarding their time and money to an expected level. I've been enjoying my daily 2 hour game sessions with Anthem because I don't focus on loot rewards, I explore the world, I like the flying, I like experimenting with weapons and gear that come my way... I don't rush content and I emote to other players to be social.

Plus the irony is that both Destiny and Division had their year one blues periods with bugs. It takes looter shooters about a year to get good and content rich. Like Destiny 2 forsaken overhauled the mechanics and added lots of content which reinvigorated the game. So Anthem will be no different. Bioware will announce their Urgoth Act content and overhaul the game and people will come back to the game. Looter shooters play the long game; a game you can play sporadically for years...

So really, people expect too much too soon.

Message 20 of 25 (55 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help