Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: If you are still playing Anthem with the current loot and state of the game.

by HolidayIF2

Original Post

If you are still playing Anthem with the current loot and state of the game...

★★★★ Novice

If you are still playing Anthem in the current state you are responsible for the terrible games developers are pushing out! I was so excited for Anthem I played both “demo” and continued to have faith until 24hrs after the legendary missions update. The loot, just like every update for loot so far got better for 24hrs then it’s back to the same thing. The bugs,and disconnects that steal your consumables are still not fixed on a triple A game that most paid 90$ for the Dawn edition is not worth the time it took to download. Stop being a shill and take a stand. We shouldn’t be waiting around for it to get better we should be starting a class action lawsuit and not playing until we get the game we were promised when we bought it. This is not acceptable and if you are still playing it you’re the reason they think it’s okay to put out unfinished crap games that were so over hyped that they get paid anyway. BOYCOTT Anthem!!!!!!!!! 

Message 1 of 25 (619 Views)

Re: If you are still playing Anthem with the current loot and state of the game.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

(Comment removed, don't attack other players on the forum) - Atic 

Message 2 of 25 (587 Views)

★★★★ Guide

This is true if you play the game and buy stuff for real money through the store lol

Message 3 of 25 (580 Views)

★ Guide

@HolidayIF2 wrote:

If you are still playing Anthem in the current state you are responsible for the terrible games developers are pushing out! I was so excited for Anthem I played both “demo” and continued to have faith until 24hrs after the legendary missions update. The loot, just like every update for loot so far got better for 24hrs then it’s back to the same thing. The bugs,and disconnects that steal your consumables are still not fixed on a triple A game that most paid 90$ for the Dawn edition is not worth the time it took to download. Stop being a shill and take a stand. We shouldn’t be waiting around for it to get better we should be starting a class action lawsuit and not playing until we get the game we were promised when we bought it. This is not acceptable and if you are still playing it you’re the reason they think it’s okay to put out unfinished crap games that were so over hyped that they get paid anyway. BOYCOTT Anthem!!!!!!!!! 

The loot is just as good now as it was the moment the patch landed. I got multiple legendaries in the time it took me to get my key last night. It's about 10 times the drop rate it was before. Still lots of work to go, but it has improved. Same with disconnects. I used to get 2 or 3 per day. Now it's 1 every 2 or 3 days. Some things aren't a simple flip a switch and it's solved, but take multiple iterative steps. With Bioware communicating, admitting their mistakes, and sending out a large amount of updates, I'm happy with the progress. ( Not the launch though. )

You're also sorely mistaken if you think MOST paid $90 for Anthem. I would bet more people have paid $15 or so than $90. ( Personally, I upgraded my access basic from $5/mo to $99 for 12 months of premium...so only about $3.25/mo, or just $6.50 with about 3 weeks to go this cycle. NTM the other bonuses premium comes with. Oh, and I also cancelled my SW:TOR sub, which was $15/mo ... so they're actually getting less from me now technically. )

Oh, and if you play the game, but don't make RMTs, you're actually costing them money, as they need more resources to handle the load.

If you personally want to boycott Anthem/Bioware/EA, go for it. There ARE reasons to be upset. However, don't try calling someone who still plays it a shill just because of your opinion on how things are/went.

Message 4 of 25 (558 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

You're a tool. I paid $60 for this game and I'm going to get my moneys worth out of it. I won't spend another dime unless good changes are made and they deliever on stuff like guild or clan support etc. 

Anyway the base game is paid for, they ARE making patches. That doesn't absolve them of what they still need to do but neither does it empower you, some random mouthpuppet, from telling me how I should play the game I paid for. Its only been a little over a month and most poeple who don't play too often still have content to play. So unrespectively, you can fly a kite off a steep cliff. 
A "class action lawsuit" a month after game release, lol. Whoa you're a BIG SJW aren't you?! Come to put everyone else in their place alongside Bioware have you.

To my peeps out there still playing, and my friends who I still play with and are still having fun with the game, See you on the next mission Freelancers! Sexy Danger!

Message 5 of 25 (541 Views)

★★★ Guide
omg another one? so i'm responsible for the game state because I simply enjoy it for what it is? really get a freaking life kid. I paid for the LoD edition but I am also over 500 hours in to anthem and still having fun. why because unlike you entitled brats I actually know what goes in to making a LIVE SERVICE game. its not like the old days when a game was 100% complete. now days its an always growing thing and anthem will have NO PAID CONTENT. unlike division 2, destiny 2 ect.
Message 6 of 25 (534 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Just leave and stop playing then, no need to try convince others 

Message 7 of 25 (525 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

If playing a game like this makes you happy go for it, just know that you are making it possible for more developers to put games out in this state. And they will know that people will continue to play because of their hollow promises to fix things. Don’t get me wrong I loved Anthem at first but I’m not a fool who’s going to grind for hours without any progress. Days without Legendary drops in the highest difficulty is absurd. You Fanboys are the problem with gaming today.

Message 8 of 25 (513 Views)

★★★★ Novice
  • You’re right no point in trying to show you all a way to fix a game that could be great. It’s like trying to teach a * physics.
Message 9 of 25 (507 Views)

★★★ Guide
@HolidayIF2 so you know how to fix this game single handedly? I bet you cant even program the time on a damn microwave.
Message 10 of 25 (502 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help