Re: If i have a pair of total noobs on my team

by cooperal1012

Original Post

If i have a pair of total noobs on my team

★ Guide

Im splitting off doing my own thing

At first, I was like "noobs, whatever, don't bother me"

BUT THE CONSISTENT MATCHING I get with noobs was simply worn out my patience

Hot drop someplace, both die instantly and then I die trying to fight alongside them in a * situation

So my new thing is, if my team is noobs, ill just go solo.

I honestly do better on my own, picking players off one at a time than I do being weighted down by players that are merely baggage

Matchmaking of SOME sort is needed, for real team balancing

Message 1 of 41 (3,389 Views)

★ Guide

Adding RANKED would solve this problem, however, i am aware there are plenty of noobs who die on the spot and it is frustrating, but don't disregard everyone yet, considering how much RNG and luck goes into the playstyle of BR genre, i myself land sometimes and find entire sections and buildings with no weapons, just attachments and other BS, while everyone around me is rocking Peacekeepers, Wingmans and full autos. Respawn needs to work a bit on the loot aswell, as much as i hate P2020 and Mozambique, in those instances they would be a god sent.

Message 2 of 41 (3,366 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

im no pro but,

got killed pretty many times when a squadmate takes off on their own leaving

2 peeps against full squads.

so.

i get your problem but it aint always the salvation to bail out on them.

i get a hard time when get matched with to aggressive players that push

to hard since it doesnt fit my playstyle forcing me to play in a way im not good at.

and pretty often the one that are that "solo rambo" takes all weapons all ammo all armor all attachments

and then dont understand why people gets upset...

and then if we die its my fault cause i didnt run across the whole map whiping squads with my mosabique

and white armor Large smile

so my point is that it´s different playstyles and none of them are wrong. its about adjustments if teaming up

with randoms.

Message 3 of 41 (3,359 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Define noobs, probably in your head it is anyone under about rank 80 with less than 4000 kills.

Maybe you should consider that everyone has to start somewhere and learn and, instead of pouring contempt on them - help out?

I have been playing games since 1982 - 37 years if that helps - and I am only rank 18 in this - am I a noob?  In other games I have never played I am rank 0.

Teach them what to do, explain the mechanics, lead them, even if that just means using ping.

So you have a shorter round and you don't win - and?

You hot drop with new players and then expect them to be able to 1337 uber-soldat pwnge?  Players who know what they are doing usually last less than 60 seconds in that scenario.

Maybe a solo BR is more your taste being as you object so much to your team mates?  Or do you need an audience to validate yourself?

I can see the problem here and you won't unless you can access a mirror.

Message 4 of 41 (3,328 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@halo572 

[Edit - Admin.]

i teach my friends, not all randoms everyday every match.

when i see someone suggests things like this the first thing that comes to my mind is "this guy is a noob"

we are in 2019!!! FPS games NEED RANK SYSTEM! we are not in 2002 playing CS 1.5 here.

Message 5 of 41 (3,301 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Hi @Mad_Dog8762 and welcome to the forums!

If you are struggling with teammates you may want to check out the Find a Squad forum section:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Find-a-Squad/ct-p/apex-legends-squad-en

I hope you find some teammates to play with whom you appreciate. 

warslag

Message 6 of 41 (3,292 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Guide

Just make sure that it is not you who is the noob. I had 18 kills in 2 games as Octane and that was ALL of my games as that character. Still got ditched by some broken-English, trash-speaking MFer. Didn't matter that I had my level on display or that the character had only been out for 3 days, or that I spent those days exhausting other legends bonuses for the battle pass. I was the noob apparently.

Message 7 of 41 (3,286 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Hi @halo572 

I really admire the positivity in your post. :eahigh_file:

You are a mature gamer whose experience has taught you to be tolerant, and to share your wisdom with other players. I think that's great!

I'm also a mature player and yet, ironically, I'm playing with younger players who are brilliant at Apex. They have never had a word of criticism about my play.

A brilliant player who plays with "noobs" because he likes them as friends, and enjoys the challenge of clutching etc. I think that's almost heroic. In a gaming sort of way.

If it's too frustrating then make some friends!

warslag

Message 8 of 41 (3,284 Views)

★★ Guide

10 times out of 10 when our random dude decides to * off alone because he thinks he can do better by himself, he dies before the countdown for the first ring is done.

Just saying.

Message 9 of 41 (3,281 Views)

★★★ Guide

Having noob on your team could truly be a pain, today I did something quick and simple, I got a lvl 2 noob and a spammer on my team, so that means I am along with 1 noob.

I don't want to disconnect, as it would result mean some kind of temperory ban for 15 minutes or something like that.

I don't want to be killed either.

So I pinged this coastside village telling the noob I am gonna land there, then as soon as I am gonna land, I changed direction and take him down to the ocean.

All right, my bad, though I've wanted to do something like this a long time ago but just now I realized it makes more sense if I go solo and going down the ocean by myself.

So I am really sorry noob, I guess those spammer + noob situation just gave me this rush to taking everyone down to the ocean lol ~

Message 10 of 41 (3,268 Views)