Re: If given the choice to become a simulacrum would you do it?

by DoYaSeeMe

Original Post

Champion
@MandatoryIDtag Wait what? Death is more exciting? While getting older introduces new things so does living forever.
Message 11 of 29 (404 Views)

Champion

@hayhor  Humanity has basically gone in circles throughout its entire history, the only variation really has been they way in which it goes about these pointless circles lol. Tongue out

Technology changes, cultures change human instinct and behaviour basically stays the same.

Plus it would be quite a lonely existence if you think about it, would you want to continuously make meaningful bonds with people just to watch them die over and over again? I doubt it. Tongue out

Well unless you're a hermit like kooch. Tongue out

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 12 of 29 (402 Views)

★★★ Pro

wouldn’t you miss sx, children, ice cream, beach BBQ with friends, you passed family members and many other human stuff if you know you’ll turn into a machine who can remember, live forever, but never experience them again?

Message 13 of 29 (380 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Alphabets You can always delete your 'memory'. What's the worth of memory with a couple of skinsuits in them? Tongue out
Message 14 of 29 (366 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

I always thought that was an insane statement.  The world is very vast and there are tons a things to do.  If you get bored I see that a personal failing on yourself, not infinite time.  Plus once mankind achieves space travel you have a universe to explore.  If you weren't a lazy gamer (I am one to not an insult) then you would find purpose enough to keep busy.  Could be a scientist/explorer.  If given the benefit of infinite time you should be able to become rich and powerful.  Giving you infinite opportunities.  Plus if you became immortal then its a repeatable process that you could share with close friends and loved ones to keep you company till the universe goes into heat death.  Which really is the only draw back to it.  When you reach that portion of the universes existence.  That will suck for sure.  Till then should be awesome.  Unless your imagination is severely limited.   

Message 15 of 29 (348 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

@MandatoryIDtag You could always [Edit - Admin.]

Message 16 of 29 (303 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

Human design is not compatible with eternity. Most of us, if not all, would commit suicide at some point. It would be either self destruction of the body and functions or by slowly ripping apart every trait that makes us human.

Message 17 of 29 (285 Views)

★★ Expert
@DoYaSeeMe That’s true.
But you could always let go, plus being simulacrum is only near eternity. Once your facilities run out of materials/power or are destroyed, it’s game over.
Message 18 of 29 (277 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Luxxtenebri <— so no one’s gonna comment on this individual’s comment?

I just have one thing to say to you sir/madam “indeed” xD.
Message 19 of 29 (234 Views)

Community Manager
Message 20 of 29 (193 Views)