Re: If Rux is Selling Items for Rainbow Stars, What's the Point of Coins...

by shurikeninja

Original Post

If Rux is Selling Items for Rainbow Stars, What's the Point of Coins...

★★★★ Guide

Thanks to this post, we learned from a Eurogamer interview that Rux will be selling items for Rainbow Stars instead of Coins. Now, there are players who have everything unlocked and are collecting millions of extra coins with nothing to spend them on. Unlike GW1/GW2, there are no consumable items to use those coins on anymore and for that coins had lost their value. Especially since we don't know what's coming next and when, players might start losing the incentive to play.

So, what's the point of coins? 

This question's purpose is not ranting.. It is just me hoping that PopCap has something for those who own millions. Like a bling color variation or something.*1

*1 I had to strike that out! Before the pitchforks pierce my eyes.

Message 1 of 20 (1,410 Views)

★★★ Novice

I really cant find any purpose for coins other than to just simply level up, I never use my coins on cosmetics

Message 2 of 20 (1,369 Views)

★★★ Expert
@GammaX6 I really hope that the devs are going to stock up the Reward-O-Tron anytime soon. You can even exchange Tacos, Marshmallows or Sheriff Badges for coins. It makes no sense if coins are staying as worthless as the other currencies once you bought everthing in the local shops.
Message 3 of 20 (1,364 Views)

★ Expert

My hope was that Rux doesn't exclusively take rainbow stars. That he has at least some items for sale that take coins, likely in the several 100k to millions range (price range guess from previous PvZ games).

Message 4 of 20 (1,322 Views)

★★ Pro

It's just unfortunate isn't it, but it's acceptable. Good for those players who have literally every cosmetic in the game, but that's the point they've got every cosmetic. Also not 'instead of coins' it's alongisde coins. I think your question really boils down to "popcap this is a legit problem I'm not bsing you some players have 100% the Reward-o-Tron you guys need to add more cosmetics to the game, because, because otherwise some players will have millions of coins and nothing to spend them on!!!11!" Now, I do agree that they should definitely add more content to the Reward-O-Tron every now and then, but it won't bother me if I run out of things to spend my virtual currency on.

Message 5 of 20 (1,282 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I had mentioned the idea before of a currency exchange, (tacos for marsh mellows, badges for rainbows, etc...) in the middle of Giddy Park. I really wish they would do something like this where all currency could be exchanged. Would also like to see the Reward O Tron with a 100-200 million coins of worth of stock and Rux to actually be open for business starting today. This game has so much potential and I hope they take advantage before players start losing interest.

Message 6 of 20 (1,280 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

To this day I have earned 5 millions coins and my plan is not to spend them till 10 millions. After that I'll start to buy capsules but 10 mil will wait if Rux decide to sell exclusive items.

I suppose that he'll offer the opportunity of choosing to spend between ordinary and rainbow currencys!

Message 7 of 20 (1,249 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@Fiky39 Wise choice... I did the same thing at first. But I only kept 1 million at hand not to grind that much when Rux arrives. But now I have almost 5 million with every capsule unlocked. I hope that Rux would sell certain items for coins only. This should reward loyal players who play the game.

You can look at the Reward-o-tron and see how many capsules left (from the top part). Chances are you might have few capsules left. If the top part is full, then you probably have too many locked items.

Message 8 of 20 (1,215 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Guys...

But you could also also have every cosmetic yourself.  I enjoy this game thoroughly and going for Platinum myself. I work a full time job and dedicated all my spare hours grinding 100% on the campaigns and grinding boss fights for coins and xp.

The players who put the 150 hours in to get everything....well THEY DESERVE IT!

Message 9 of 20 (1,115 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

I'm wondering that as well. I'm not yet done with the reward-o-tron but as I only need 2 more legendary hats, I can't be far off. I've never used any to level up barring the stuffy quest to do so, but once we empty that machine out, they appear to have no purpose. Unless they add more stuff to the capsule machine or some other place to use them, they'll only be used to level up new characters when they're added.

Message 10 of 20 (1,083 Views)