If Anyone Doubted... THE HACKS ARE IN!

by Phantasm_7

Original Post

Re: If Anyone Doubted... THE HACKS ARE IN!

★★★★★ Guide

@Kreahke 

Lol doing nothing they have already banned people I just think it’s funny on this forum people act like they haven’t played pubg or fortnite which have had hackers for over a year but you guys think ea can fix hackers in a month just makes me laugh 

hackers will be in every game that will ever be on pc it is just the way it is if you play on pc it is a part of it

Message 11 of 27 (514 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Try playing on the SEA server. Within 5- 8 mins half of the squads are left. Hackers everywhere.

Message 12 of 27 (513 Views)

Community Manager

@MjNaise wrote:

@Phantasm_7 wrote:
EA removed my link to the YouTube video which made this post make sense. They said I was in violation of "Naming and Shaming" policies. To be clear, I'm not mad at EA for this, I just think there was a misunderstanding.
The video was not of someone cheating and I was not trying to call anyone specific out for cheating. It was a video of the streamer Diegosaurs spectating a cheater after his entire squad was wiped. My only point was that cheating is definitely happening and seems to potentially be on the rise.
I have replied to the warning I got from EA to seek clarification on this. I certainly hope it's not true you cannot even link to videos with cheaters in them regardless of in what capacity or context. I don't think hacking or cheating should be protected above and beyond like that.

you can´t because of severall reasons:

1. the name is usually visible of the cheater

2. EA tries to hide it as good as possible... hence why there is no statement on that topic right now, only some celebrations of 50M accounts (even a lot of cheaters created severall ones... one cheat streamer for example has already 17 accounts)

@MjNaise  You can find the latest announcement around cheating from the Respawn team below from a check in they had a few weeks back. We're all gamers over here too and hate coming across cheats/hacks in all the games we play. It's frustrating and not fun. The team is committed to taking action on this topic.

CHEATERS

As of today over 16,000 cheaters have been identified and banned from the game. Cheaters suck. If you run into one, please try and capture the evidence and let us know here: https://www.easy.ac/en-us/support/apexlegends/contact/report/

Even if you don’t get proof, get their ID and flag it and we can investigate the account. We have heard your feedback about a report feature in the game. I’ll just say that’s a very good idea Standard smile

Source: https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/2-15-2019-An-Update-From-Respawn/m-p/7499686#M3821

Blueberry.png
Message 13 of 27 (476 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Stop it Blueberry...  2 plus weeks ago they banned .00000000000000000000000000000001% of the cheaters and as of today it's out of control cheating in every match.. We are not stupid customers,, and you are going to see the ire of the customer base when they walk away in the millions.

Message 14 of 27 (472 Views)

★ Guide

Fam, cheaters been in this game since release week.

That said, I've played ~120h so far and I think I can count on one hand how many times I've encountered someone cheating.  I've had more games where I don't even load in with teammates than I've run across players cheating.

I do agree that more steps need to be taken to rid hacks and cheaters from this game, but I also think a fair amount of these people that are screaming on the forums and sub are just getting beat by someone better more often than not.

I hate the "git gud" mentality, but next time you feel like you were cheated take a step back and review what you could have done differently in that fight.  (easier said than done, I know...)

• Maybe you could have positioned better?
  • Maybe you could have engaged later?
  • Were you full health/shield before you engaged?
  • Was there a third party throwing damage your way at the same time?
  • Maybe you potato'd your aim?
  • ...etc

A lot of times there were things that you could have done better.  It's quite hard to reflect on a bad encounter.  I lose my sh_t and call BS in the moment, but after that kneejerk reaction I realize I did something wrong and try to correct it so I don't get in that situation again.

I generally don't think it's cheaters that are beating me, just better players.

Message 15 of 27 (457 Views)

★ Guide

Just because you have rose colored glasses on doesnt mean the rest of do.

Message 16 of 27 (449 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

How dare you say I died to a better player that is impossible no one can be better than me anyone who gets a kill on pc are cheating has nothing to do with my skill everyone that has ever won on pc is a cheater that is the only way to win and you want proof just read the forums everyone agrees with me lol

noobs make me so sad

Message 17 of 27 (437 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Edited by CM

@the_ambieneer I actually completely agree with you. Not sure if you were primarily addressing me or people complaining in general, but my original post was not about my performance in game or my experience with hackers in general.

As I said, I think there has been no cheating in the vast majority of games I have played. I think 99/100 times I lose it is because I didn't play well enough to win. The rest are random extenuating circumstances and possibly cheaters.

Basically, I know cheaters aren't why I lose, I was just posting a video I found insightful and bringing more attention to the issue so EA and Respawn stay on top of it. Unlike other games such as BFV for example. The reason my video link was deleted by a CM was because the name of a hacker was clearly visible in the video and is against the rules. 

Message 18 of 27 (369 Views)

★★ Guide

@neillkorey Yeah right, cheaters don't exist! If you die they were just better than you! That  level 16 dude that kept shooting at exactly where you were standing even though you went behind a solid wall just has that good tracking and doesn't care about wasting his ammo into a wall. The same dude then killing 3 squads alone with exclusively headshots with snap aim from every angle imaginable is just that good. He's surely the next shroud.

Message 19 of 27 (358 Views)

★ Guide

@the_ambieneer wrote:

Fam, cheaters been in this game since release week.

That said, I've played ~120h so far and I think I can count on one hand how many times I've encountered someone cheating.  I've had more games where I don't even load in with teammates than I've run across players cheating.

I do agree that more steps need to be taken to rid hacks and cheaters from this game, but I also think a fair amount of these people that are screaming on the forums and sub are just getting beat by someone better more often than not.

I hate the "git gud" mentality, but next time you feel like you were cheated take a step back and review what you could have done differently in that fight.  (easier said than done, I know...)

• Maybe you could have positioned better?
  • Maybe you could have engaged later?
  • Were you full health/shield before you engaged?
  • Was there a third party throwing damage your way at the same time?
  • Maybe you potato'd your aim?
  • ...etc

A lot of times there were things that you could have done better.  It's quite hard to reflect on a bad encounter.  I lose my sh_t and call BS in the moment, but after that kneejerk reaction I realize I did something wrong and try to correct it so I don't get in that situation again.

I generally don't think it's cheaters that are beating me, just better players.

Right, and then the player who just solo wiped your squad in one clip just stares at the ground or spins in circles for a few minutes when you spectate them, cause thats what good THE BEST players do!

And when you dont stop spectating they just run into an enemy squad to suicide without firing a single shot.

Seems totally legit and I'm sure this is exactly what all the largest streamers do once they "Git Gud"

I have been practicing this awesome technique to try and improve but for me when i stare at the ground and spin in circles I just seem to hit a skill ceiling or something, its like I either die from not paying attention to the game or I just stay there doing nothing seemingly....

Please oh master gamer tell me how to stare at the floor with enough skill to wipe squads solo with one clip.   

Message 20 of 27 (292 Views)