Re: Ideas for next update

by BLVD69

Original Post

★★★★ Pro
@NeedFor_Burnout1 Sorry Ghost is renamed back to EA Gothenburg and Fake Criterion is hiring to make next game from nothing at all.So this game is dropped and wont get any update.
Message 61 of 70 (1,670 Views)

★ Guide

@GK3512  I wonder what EA was thinking giving the franchise to Fake Criterion 

Message 62 of 70 (1,631 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@theleague_jak Because they have no other dev left for racing games.Also Heat failed to meet sales target again.Which means no NFS made by Ghost is commercially successful.Hence why they are dropped back to EA Gothenburg and out of NFS projects.
Message 63 of 70 (1,609 Views)

★★ Expert

@theleague_jak 

Here is your answer to your question.

https://criteriongames.com/games/need-for-speed-heat/ 

Have a great day.

**Reminder for Community to credit for Solutions & XP for helpful liked comments**

Message 64 of 70 (1,549 Views)

★ Guide

Unfortunately, as Heat's lifetime has come to an end, this thread will be abandoned. Why Criterion, why?

Message 65 of 70 (5,346 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@theleague_jak First they dont have enought manpower,second Heat failed badly in terms of sales,third they need to work on next game from nothing at all.It's not Fake Criterion's fault this game stopped being updated.EA's typical Buy Rush Kill cycle killed too many devs of various series.NFS is no different.With the amount of games each dev did during 25 years of history.I highly doubt Fake Criterion will make any difference as long as EA still lead whole project like in the past.
Message 66 of 70 (1,494 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

If they manage this game like NFS World, it looks like it will just linger on or die...but I vote for linger on as there doesn't appear to be any cheating, yet.  NFS World was a mess, I was Admin/Dev for NFS Times.  Speaking of which, I don't why there is no place where we can find times on this game.  It's definitely due for an update.  A few things needed, like more than 16 players per server, I have to log off and on multiple times per session to find players who are into the same types of races.  There are a lot, and missing are the Drag races...and dammit I wish they'd move the pop-up announcements in Night time from smack in the middle of our view to the top of the screen, can't see what's going on in front of us for the 5 to 6 seconds it's there allowing enough room for crashes etc.  A few other things needed, but for now that's my beef, as I fear I will have just wasted another 15 minutes of my life here lol

Cheers!

Russtyruss aka RTR-Dangerrruss

Message 67 of 70 (1,249 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Well, nevermind, it looks like EA and whoever is involved doesn't care and so far I've seen what looks to be like about hafl a dozen players using cheat engines now, like they still haven't figured out how to make a fail-proof game.  EA I could only have expected so much...same old, same old.  Ughh

Message 68 of 70 (1,196 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Surprizing the game still works...but we can never find any players to race because most of them just want to Drag on the street (using nitrous) and that's all they do, except the occasional exception like myself.  I have to switch servers about 4 to 8 times before I finally get at least one opponent player, once a week I'll get a race with more than one other player.  Sad, sad, why they don't increase at least the number of players per server like to 32 or 48, 16 just seems impossible to match racers while half are in night and the other half are dragging or just plain not doing squat...  Come on EA   Update this game please, it's the best so far, don't let it die.

Message 69 of 70 (1,160 Views)

★★★ Novice
@D4RRYLMESSER
Anna should be KILLED!....she's a waste of a character!...Your F*CKING LUCKY PAPI CAMARO WAS A 67 350 SS AND IT USED TO BE BLUE!💀🔥🔥🔥
Message 70 of 70 (795 Views)