Re: Ideas for future gameplay modes.

by EA_Darko

Original Post

Ideas for future gameplay modes.

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I'm just gonna put this out there as I had a couple of ideas i thought might be cool to implement:

1.) Have a "Single Legend Solo Queue", meaning Solos but all the same legend, like all Lifelines, all Wraiths, all Bangalores, all Gibraltars, ALL CAUSTIC's =). This would make for some really interesting Gameplay.

2.) Have a normal "3-man Queue" but with 'Random Map Spawning' so as you never spawn close to a team-mate but have the chance to find them on the map. This, again, would make for some great Gameplay.

3.) Have more than 1 Ship dropping on the map - have 3 instead, from 3 different angles.
This will ensure a more even spread of Players & result in less of the "50% of Players are dead before the first circle has closed" scenarios.

4.) Increase the speed with which the initial circles close in & also increase the early damage taken, but without the exponential increases that would follow by reaching subsequent circles/rounds.
This will force more Players in the circle, and may increase the in-circle-combat, rather than, again, many dying outside & on first circle.

5.) 10-man Teams (or anything larger than 5 will do), with a 'max 3 of 1 Legend type for the 9-10-man Teams.
For the 5-8-man Teams, 'max 2 of one Legend Type'.

These ideas are just the ones I remember.

This does not mean I am unsatisfied in any way with the current state of the game - I'm lovin it!

This is a forum, meant for both support & the sharing of ideas, and these are my ideas..

Message 1 of 10 (478 Views)

★ Guide

I'm down for all these...and a preload mode with a constantly shrinking circle for us action *

Message 2 of 10 (469 Views)

★ Guide

@DontSilenceMe wrote:

I'm down for all these...and a preload mode with a constantly shrinking circle for us action *

Preloading area could be on the back of those beasts in the distance maybe?

Message 3 of 10 (455 Views)

★★ Pro

All these sound fun! I even thought about a mode that disables abilities so it's strictly about out-shooting other players. 

Message 4 of 10 (445 Views)

Community Manager

Hey all, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with the community.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 5 of 10 (425 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@JoJo_DeBlahhh 

I didn't expect that all your 5 ideas sounds so appealing to me.

Again, I am imagining what would the future main menu would be like.

Maybe another arrow added to the PLAY APEX button ? Then you get different modes. Well, I don't know.

I hope Respawn would adapt 2 of your ideas, and redesign the main menu.

@jonesy0218 

Your idea is very interesting, but ... isn't legend abilities the most attractive element about this Battle Royale game ?

I mean this is first time I hear such idea so I am still not sure how it should work out.

Message 6 of 10 (419 Views)

★★ Pro

@TJ400000 Yeah, it's definitely about the legends and abilities first! But it would give some variety for those who want a regular match in the APEX world! Standard smile 

Message 7 of 10 (402 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@jonesy0218 wrote:

All these sound fun! I even thought about a mode that disables abilities so it's strictly about out-shooting other players. 

While you are waiting for that to happen in Apex there are many games that offer this type of play:  Battlefield 1, Battlefield 4, battlefield 5, COD WWII, Americas Army Proving Grounds (free), and many more.  Battlefield 4 was on sale in the playstation store for $5.

Message 8 of 10 (385 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

How about Jump Fever , in this mode all guns remove from the map , like racing game there will random give some points where players need to reach , the first player reach the point will earn a score for his team , then system will refresh a new point . In this mode players will find some jump board that will eject player into high sky , then player will search those point on the ground and adjust their flight direction to land .

The team earn highest score will win the game after time out .

Message 9 of 10 (372 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

I play Plants vs Zombie GW2 and my favorite mode: Gnome Bomb

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnfSSM6_ZnE

Where you grab the bomb (randomly spawn), carry to the enemy base, plant it and guard it for 30 seconds until it exploded. There're 3 bases you need to guard and destroy, the team that destroyed the most by the time expired, win the game.

If you die, you will respawn at your base. This mode has a lot of actions, a lot of kills, and can be back and forth, soo much fun. 

Since Apex map has kind this strategic base (bunker, artillery, airbase, etc), we might able to do similar game mode in Apex. We can either split into 2 team which has a similar trait:

Team A                Team B

Gibby              -    Caustic

Wraith             -    Octane

Lifeline            -    Bloodhound

Mirage (wild card, can go to either side)

etc

Or you can either select any of them but you will be highlighted with a different body skin color/highlight in the game so can easily distinguish which side you're.

Message 10 of 10 (361 Views)