Re: Ideal jump moment in apex

by Mottis86

Original Post

Ideal jump moment in apex

★★★ Apprentice

Hi, 

I always try to jump out of the plane a soon as the timer reaches 0. Still me and my friends have the impression that immediately we are way behind certain squads. So I'm wondering: is there some 'trick' or ideal timing to jump? Are you being punished for spamming the 'jump' button as the timer is approaching 0? Any ideas on this?

Thanks! 

Message 1 of 9 (711 Views)

★ Guide
Nope, I'm pretty sure it's just server nonsense, we get it all the time, jump the moment it's possible to do so and there's already teams half way to the ground.
Message 2 of 9 (693 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I don't know about server response and such.
If you want the ideal moment to jump, imo is when you're the last squad in the plane.
You should try to land somewhere safe with a lot of loot and bingooo!!!

Message 3 of 9 (676 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Its not server nonsense its poor game design.

You can't phase true enemy's even in the air.

and you get stuck on them or they change your direction a bit.
Witch then results in you landing a few sec later.

The trick i use is wait 0.5 seconds before you jump if you want to jump on 0 ofc.

Message 4 of 9 (664 Views)

★★ Pro
Maybe it a fisheye/perspective thing? It seems the others are below, but in the end you land at the same time.

In my early jumps I always felt the game fought me before allowing a full dive position. I have since started to jump right after 0 instead of on 0. At least this allows me to dive straight away
Message 5 of 9 (654 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

@Lowigi if they have aimbot, it wont matter

Message 6 of 9 (636 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Getting so frustrated by this every day now. We always wanna jump immidiately but something has happened with the jumps. People are 100m in front of u 1 sec after jumping out of the plane. And then there's the ones who speeds past you in crazy speed right before u hit the map from nowhere.

Message 7 of 9 (624 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
Thanks for the answers. Glad to see I'm not the only one struggling with this.
Message 8 of 9 (586 Views)

★★★ Novice

There are times when I launch, our squad friggin' rockets straight down instantly and we are far ahead of everyone else. I've done everything trying to reproduce that. For a while I thought it had something to do with pressing (and holding) forwards at the precise time after pressing the launch button, but it's very inconsistent. Happens about 10-20% of the time now and it feels like it can only happen if I spam E to launch at the very start.

On hindsight I think it's because of the squad collision and one of the teams who jumps with us instantly pushes us down, giving us a lot of downwards momentum.

Message 9 of 9 (572 Views)